road trip

4 posters

Go down

road trip Empty road trip

Post  vaquero 2013-10-13, 14:25

Heading out to go to Conway Tropical fish store today. Maybe get a few more cichlids for the tank today. Here is their info if anyone is interested.
Conway Tropical Fish
18612 Main St. P.O. Box 617
Conway, Wa 98238
Phone: 360-445-6003
Email: ConwayTropical@aol.com
They're open today from 12-5 PM if you show up and see a black ford ranger there, that's me!!!!
vaquero
vaquero
Fry

Back to top Go down

road trip Empty Re: road trip

Post  vaquero 2013-10-13, 20:09

Back home and ended up with four more rustys. Only paid $3.99 each they are about 3/4" Long. Now when they mature I should get at least one mated pair out of the 9 I now have.
vaquero
vaquero
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-10-13, 20:22

vaquero wrote:Back home and ended up with four more rustys. Only paid $3.99 each they are about 3/4" Long. Now when they mature I should get at least one mated pair out of the 9 I now have.
Spot On 
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-10-13, 20:23

How'd the store look? I haven't been there in a while.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2013-10-13, 20:26

i will caution you on doing such a setup.. rustys are really hard on the girls and your going to need either one SMART mama or a ton of them to spread the aggression. id suggest no less then 1m-4f to 6f. they very aggressive within their own species despite the numerous reviews available online. im just trying to caution you here, also if you feel like adding to the blood line ive got rusty fry at the same size as urs. gl to ya either way
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  master chi 2013-10-13, 23:33

Anthraxx wrote:i will caution you on doing such a setup.. rustys are really hard on the girls and your going to need either one SMART mama or a ton of them to spread the aggression. id suggest no less then 1m-4f to 6f. they very aggressive within their own species despite the numerous reviews available online. im just trying to caution you here, also if you feel like adding to the blood line ive got rusty fry at the same size as urs. gl to ya either way
+1 to this.
I've mentioned it before. These fish do not do well in pairs. Rusties may be on the less aggressive side of the mbuna scale,but in my experience that is only in reference to non conspecific aggression.
Meaning they may not be very aggressive to other mbuna,but when it comes to other Rusties they will be brutal,if not properly stocked.
I always stock 1 male to at least 6 females of this species,because again in my lengthened experience with Rusties,most of their aggressive behavior is due to it's desire to constantly spawn.That's a lot of pressure for 2 females.
master chi
master chi
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  vaquero 2013-10-14, 01:17

master chi wrote:
Anthraxx wrote:i will caution you on doing such a setup.. rustys are really hard on the girls and your going to need either one SMART mama or a ton of them to spread the aggression. id suggest no less then 1m-4f to 6f. they very aggressive within their own species despite the numerous reviews available online. im just trying to caution you here, also if you feel like adding to the blood line ive got rusty fry at the same size as urs. gl to ya either way
+1 to this.
I've mentioned it before. These fish do not do well in pairs. Rusties may be on the less aggressive side of the mbuna scale,but in my experience that is only in reference to non conspecific aggression.
Meaning they may not be very aggressive to other mbuna,but when it comes to other Rusties they will be brutal,if not properly stocked.
I always stock 1 male to at least 6 females of this species,because again in my lengthened experience with Rusties,most of their aggressive behavior is due to it's desire to constantly spawn.That's a lot of pressure for 2 females.
I will be keeping these In a separate tank until I can figure the male to female ratio. Then I will be selling off the remainder of them so someone else can have them to do what they will. I do appreciate the info though. I will take it to heart
vaquero
vaquero
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  vaquero 2013-10-14, 01:24

fishNAbowl wrote:How'd the store look? I haven't been there in a while.
Store looked great they have moved things around since the last time I was there. Jim has a nice area for the pond supplies and the fish all looked great with the exception of three new fish he just got in. They were all doing the back stroke if you know what I mean. I will continue to visit his shop and eventually make friends with his dog. He has a Huge selection of African Cichlids best quantities/quality around the Seattle/Everett areas. Great pricing and very helpful with a smile. Just wish he was closer to the south end.
vaquero
vaquero
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down