Apisto and dwarf cichlid lovers.... Share your pics here!

+4
DMD123
fishNAbowl
dwarfpike
lloyd378
8 posters

Go down

Apisto and dwarf cichlid lovers.... Share your pics here! Empty Apisto and dwarf cichlid lovers.... Share your pics here!

Post  lloyd378 2013-09-24, 21:15

5 apistos....

all male

panduro
nijisseni
viejeta
cacatoides triple red version one and two  

enjoy the pics.( i know I'm enjoying the fish way more than the shrimp i tried)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

big shout out to madness and aquarium co-op for making this happen for me!!!

Last edited by lloyd378 on 2013-09-25, 01:58; edited 1 time in total
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Apisto and dwarf cichlid lovers.... Share your pics here! Empty Re: Apisto and dwarf cichlid lovers.... Share your pics here!

Post  dwarfpike 2013-09-24, 21:47

Some good looking apistos. The nijisseni looks great, though once the panduro colors up it should look better (well, imo at least). I'd just keep an eye on those two, being in the same group, they might get a little feisty towards each other.

Oh, and your 'viejita' looks an awful like a macmasteri ... just fyi Wink 
dwarfpike
dwarfpike
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Apisto and dwarf cichlid lovers.... Share your pics here! Empty Re: Apisto and dwarf cichlid lovers.... Share your pics here!

Post  lloyd378 2013-09-24, 21:57

Oh yeah? Thanks for the info. Cory picked them out for me and I love them. I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two species anyways, and thanks for the complement
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  dwarfpike 2013-09-24, 22:05

The panduro will get slightly extended first few dorsal rays, much like a blue ram. The caudal spot will bleed into the tail as well. But they are very pretty apistos, the group is my favorite by far out of the various apisto family groups. Cory set you up very well.

Last edited by dwarfpike on 2013-09-25, 10:47; edited 1 time in total
dwarfpike
dwarfpike
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-09-24, 22:24

dwarfpike wrote:Oh, and your 'viejita' looks an awful like a macmasteri ... just fyi Wink 
lol...

lloyd378, what kind of camera did you use? Pictures look amazing. Wish I could get that good of shots of my dwarf fish!

Nice looking fish Mister!!

I just picked up a couple A. Panduro from the CoOp too. I like em a lot.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-09-24, 22:34

Thanks fishnabowl, I'm using a canon powershot sx 500 I.S. Don't know what that means but bought it at costco for $240 and then the sent me a rebate for 50 because they lowered the price. It has 16 mega pixels HD video and 30x optical zoom and although I went there wanting one I could manually adjust,this one does it for me and does it pretty well in my opinion. I'd like to see some pics of yours, post them up on here. I'll just rename the thread......
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-09-24, 22:44

cheers  Good choice, another cichlid tank! cheers 
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-09-24, 23:24

They are looking great Lloyd. Smile
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2013-09-24, 23:56

now your talking!! way better than shrimp Spot On 
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-09-25, 00:36

These pictures are not as nice as yours but...

Here is a female Panduro
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Male

Dwarf Pike Regani on the lower right (I like these too. They share the same habitats as Apistogramma and Checkerboard cichlids.

Double red, and the tail end of an Orange flash

Orange flash on the move..

Here is an unnamed Apisto I found in he back of a tank at a LFS. The species type is still under debate. If anyone has input please share Smile
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dwarfpike 2013-09-25, 00:43

Yours looks like it's in the eunotus-complex Fishnabowl ... but I can't be sure without a more flush side shot.
dwarfpike
dwarfpike
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-09-25, 01:03

I can work on that dwarfpike and get back to you!
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-09-25, 02:02

From what it can see , nice looking fish you got there too.
Also thanks madness and Morgan. I really enjoy watching them at night as I drift off to sleep
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2013-09-25, 10:45

Here is my GBR!
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-09-26, 01:46

Very nice MorganEA, I have 3 Bolivians, love the colors on GBRs!
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2013-09-26, 01:49

I would like to get him a couple females, but I haven't found a reliable LFS. You can see where the fungal infection ate away his dorsal fin Sad
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-09-26, 01:52

Oh yeah I see it now.... I hate when that happens...

I am way up north, we have a couple LFS I see GBRs all the time.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-09-26, 02:26

Nice pics

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-09-26, 10:13

Here are my two dwarf species...

Pseudotropheus polit - dwarf mbuna

Pseudocrenilabrus multicolor victoriae - dwarf victorian
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-09-26, 16:00

WOW cichlid-gal! Impressive, I've never seen these.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-09-26, 19:07

Thanks fishNAbowl. I really like the apistos and rams but I think my water is a little hard for them. They are beautiful fish also.
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2013-09-26, 20:39

just a few of the dwarf species ive kept over the years. figured id share
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-09-26, 20:47

Nice guys. Question. Can dwarf cichlids(non aggressive ones) live with angels without problems? And which one?

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2013-09-26, 20:59

I have a ram and an angel fish together right now and they are doing fine.
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-09-26, 21:39

SiRWesDragon wrote:Nice guys. Question. Can dwarf cichlids(non aggressive ones) live with angels without problems? And which one?

2 Angel fish
4 different species of Apistogramma
1 dwarf pike
3 rams all together doing fine.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-09-26, 21:41

This set up it awesome Anthraxx.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-09-26, 23:54

Think I might have to add a ram after seeing these. Also really digging those dwarf African Shellie's. I may have to attempt them in the near future as I'm having good look with the regular Africans I got from madness ( I already had some little ones swimming around under a piece of coral.....)
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2013-09-27, 02:33

thanks fishnabowl, really like the way that one has turned out over the last little while. little bit of algae issues but thats no big deal. just recently turned it back into a shelly tank so ill have some pics once they get settled.
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-09-27, 08:17

Anthraxx wrote:just a few of the dwarf species ive kept over the years. figured id share
I'm partial to this one Anthrax...love the lace rock behind the shells. Great look.
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-09-30, 22:28

Well, apparently dwarf cichlids really are just like regular cichlids.... This morning before work I noticed one of my apistos chasing around another one. This is the first time I have noticed this, well..... When I got home from work I went to look and found picture #5 dead on the bottom of my tank without any eyeballs and I'm thinking that the panda looking one in picture number two was the killer. This bums me out as that darker triple red apisto was probably my favorite one. My other version of the triple reds has the better personality though, and being the biggest will probably survive any sneak attacks by the"panda". Guess it's time to go shopping for another one
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2013-09-30, 22:52

Thanks Cichlid-gal: i really like how that one turned out myself. those rocks have always ended up in my shellie tanks. recently got some crypts so i had to remove them so i could get more planting room. theyre now covered in java ferns and in my fry tank for now. figure i can get the plants growing and reproducing in there and then transfer them to my big tank. its needed some green for quite awhile.
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dwarfpike 2013-09-30, 23:00

Huge dovii attitude ... tiny apisto size ...

Sorry to hear that lloyd.

Though I have a thread up with these guys, figured I'd add to the dwarf pic thread here with a shot I didn't post before:
dwarfpike
dwarfpike
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-09-30, 23:36

Dwarfpike, very nice! Awesome colors you've got there. There's also a chance that maybe my apisto just died from the shock of the storm this morning... Lol. Some fish just aren't cut out for the fish life!
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-10-01, 11:53

Sorry to hear you lost one of the little guys. I remember keeping apistos when I was a kid. They have the cichlid attitude in a small package. You got me wanting to start up another tank.... stop it! tongue 
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down