pbmax
Nick_87
cichlid-gal
9 posters

Go down

HBO Lovers? Empty HBO Lovers?

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-02-09, 20:59

Are there any HBO lover out there?

They have some awesome series (and have created some great series in the past - Sopranos comes to mind). Currently I'm hooked on True Detective and Game of Thrones. The new True Detective is a little different in that it will run for 8 weeks I believe and then the characters will change totally for the next season (this season's stars are Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey - what a great combo). And Game of Thrones is fantasy at its best ...I love it.

I hate paying for premium TV stations as I'm happy to wait for Netflix movies but these dang series....I just can't wait for them to come out on DVD...I have to see them as soon as they play. They have me hooked. Just wondering if anyone else out there is hooked also?
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

HBO Lovers? Empty Re: HBO Lovers?

Post  Nick_87 2014-02-09, 21:13

Hmmmm, I though this was about HOB's not HBO. I have no input then  lol!
Nick_87
Nick_87

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2014-02-09, 21:23

They do make some of the best shows out there... I buy them on the 'ray when they're released. I don't have a problem waiting.  cyclops I've been waiting ever since I canceled cable; It's not so bad once you get into the habit.
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-02-09, 21:41

That's HBO for you. They purposely don't allow Netflix or Hulu to stream them online, so that they get people to pay for their channel.

But yes, HBO does have some pretty nice series going on, as of late. AMC isn't very far behind, either. Smile
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2014-02-09, 22:37

I love game of thrones!
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dwarfpike 2014-02-09, 23:03

Game of Thrones is an excellent low fantasy series. Love the backstabbing, back biting plotting.
dwarfpike
dwarfpike
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-02-09, 23:51

I've been meaning to watch Game of Thrones, but everytime I try watching, I keep falling asleep. No matter how hard I want to get into the series! :\ I AM SERIOUSLY LACKING IN GAME OF THRONES ACTION! UGHHH!!
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-02-10, 08:35

Nick_87 wrote:Hmmmm, I though this was about HOB's not HBO. I have no input then  lol!

Admitted Nick...HOB's are better than HBO but us fish keepers have to have a little down time from our tanks...really

pbmax wrote:They do make some of the best shows out there... I buy them on the 'ray when they're released.  I don't have a problem waiting.  cyclops  I've been waiting ever since I canceled cable; It's not so bad once you get into the habit.

Agreed...I used to say to my daycare kids all the time "Patience is a virtue" but I admit it is one virtue I am sorely lacking

PokeSephiroth wrote:
But yes, HBO does have some pretty nice series going on, as of late. AMC isn't very far behind, either. Smile

Ah yes, AMC series...Breaking Bad was killer and Walking Dead...well...its a different kind of series that's for sure...my daughters love it...the zombie thing.  I've never been much into that stuff

MorganEA wrote:I love game of thrones!

Yay...another fan.  This one has to be my favorite of the ones currently cycling.  I can't wait to see the dragons and how they have grown.  They ran a teaser last night and apparently Daenerys is going to lose some control over these beasties, it should be interesting

dwarfpike wrote:Game of Thrones is an excellent low fantasy series. Love the backstabbing, back biting plotting.

I love the characters they have created.  I was devastated when they killed Eddard (Ned) but I almost fell out of my chair when they killed Robb and his Mom....OMGosh...what a stunning captivating and devious explosion from the screen.  Wow.

Anyway...glad to know I'm not the only one that likes these strange shows.  I know, the language can be awful sometimes (I have to cover my ears at times as I don't speak that way or use that kind of language but its everywhere it seems and even moreso in some of these shows) and sometimes the "adult" level creeps a little high or to an untasteful level, but the base storyline on some of these shows is great.  Writers today do an unbelievable job.  The newest HBO series coming out that has caught my eye is one called "Silicon Valley"...yeah, can't wait.   Wink
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-02-10, 09:33

PokeSephiroth wrote:That's HBO for you. They purposely don't allow Netflix or Hulu to stream them online, so that they get people to pay for their channel.

Xfinity/Comcast has started this thing where if it's a block buster hit they only give you the option to buy the movie until it comes out on DVD, whereas before they cornered the market with the fact they got movies before anyone else. It's so annoying, I was that person looking for new releases every weekend. Now, you have to buy the movie at $15-$19 instead of a 2 day rent. There isn't a single movie rental place (Blockbuster, ect) around to rent DVD's anymore . They all went out of business. Now, without good competition Companies like Xfinity can poop on us with their monopoly. Before digital TV/dish, ect HBO used to be the place to go for movies. Now a days HBO is just riddled with HBO "originals", blat...
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2014-02-10, 09:39

I would argue that redbox and netflix trump what blockbuster used to be any day, as far as disc rentals go.

No online streaming service can deliver blu-ray quality streaming (video + audio) yet, which means blu-ray rentals aren't going away any time soon.
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2014-02-10, 12:22

cichlid-gal wrote:
MorganEA wrote:I love game of thrones!

Yay...another fan.  This one has to be my favorite of the ones currently cycling.  I can't wait to see the dragons and how they have grown.  They ran a teaser last night and apparently Daenerys is going to lose some control over these beasties, it should be interesting
I read the books so I already know what is going to happen  lol! 
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2014-02-10, 12:25

blah, spoilers.  Suspect  I'm still waiting for the next season's disc release this month.
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2014-02-10, 12:32

I found a place to watch them for free Shocked 
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2014-02-10, 12:44

MorganEA wrote:I found a place to watch them for free Shocked 

Haha, but with blu-ray quality?? Smile I'm a lazy AV snob...
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiisai 2014-02-10, 16:29

fishNAbowl wrote:
Xfinity/Comcast has started this thing where if it's a block buster hit they only give you the option to buy the movie until it comes out on DVD, whereas before they cornered the market with the fact they got movies before anyone else. It's so annoying, I was that person looking for new releases every weekend. Now, you have to buy the movie at $15-$19 instead of a 2 day rent. There isn't a single movie rental place (Blockbuster, ect) around to rent DVD's anymore . They all went out of business. Now, without good competition Companies like Xfinity can poop on us with their monopoly. Before digital TV/dish, ect HBO used to be the place to go for movies. Now a days HBO is just riddled with HBO "originals", blat...

Hey Hey Hey! Easy on the Comcastic hating! I work for the @$$holes as a technician. No bad mouthing the largest liberal cable provider in the US unless your a coupon clipping conservative!
Chiisai
Chiisai

Back to top Go down

Post  MRTom 2014-02-10, 18:26

I was an HBO lover for a while... then they came out with sex and the city, the broadcast of which collided with several other shows I liked. My ex and I got into arguments over what to watch all the time. In the end, I cut the cable, got dumped by the ex, and got a bunch of books. Now whenever I feel like basking in the glow of a lit up glass screen, I sit by my fish tanks and enjoy the show with a good book, a cup of cocoa and a cup of brine shrimp Smile

That said... apparently now you can watch Netflix on your phone!!! Does HBO have a similar solution since they don't seem to like netflix? I wouldn't mind catching up on the sopranos while on the porcelain throne, or while pretending to pay attention at meetings at work Smile
MRTom
MRTom
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-02-10, 20:15

MRTom wrote:
That said... apparently now you can watch Netflix on your phone!!! Does HBO have a similar solution since they don't seem to like netflix?

You mean, without torrenting them? Probably not >_>;;;;
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-02-10, 20:17

For DVD rental (I don't stream....lalala) I use Netflix...they get releases pretty darn fast and its reasonable. Great turnaround too.
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down