Aquarium Co-Op
PokeSephiroth
Madness
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT - Page 3 Empty Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  lloyd378 2013-09-21, 22:40

I agree fishnabowl..... nothing wrong with the occasional joke/ small bit of sarcasm......as long as the original topic is maintained. The one problem i notice every once and a while on another forum is that the topic gets a joke and that is followed by four pages of jokes before either the o.p. gets upset or the post gets locked.

I would like to add a mandatory posting of pictures /videos at least once a month (strictly for my pleasure) as an expectation for being a member on this wonderful website.....whistle 

lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  nick_76 2013-09-21, 23:08

Aquarium Co-Op wrote:Lets not forget where this forum was just a month ago. We literally went a week with not a single post in the general section etc. Users were at an all time low etc.
I have no idea whats posted in which section, I read whats in the portal, and when its off the portal, its not on my radar anymore either.
im not sure users are up- virtually all posts are made by 10 people (if the percentages can be believed, its currently listing 100% of the posts made by the top 10, which cant be accurate but at least in the right ballpark)

personally, if I post a new topic, I don't mind if it goes off the rails..in fact I welcome that type of bullshitting with folks..its the primary reason im here
nick_76
nick_76

Back to top Go down

Post  Salzabar 2013-09-21, 23:21

People who post is one thing but if you use our map it shows 10 to 50 guest reading our post. Thats a good thing cause once in awhile a guest joins and starts posting their opinions. Thats how the forum grows. Simple,easy,done.
Salzabar
Salzabar

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony J. 2013-09-22, 04:48

I wasn't gone for a month, I was gone for 6-7, maybe 10. But that's besides the point. The reasons i stopped coming on were a mixture of things, personal first of all as we had a new baby a year ago, and secondly, also just as important, I simply didn't enjoy it. Its like being on the recess playground, everyone wants to play tackle football, but the recess duty doesn't allow such harsh play. Sure, I get it, nobody wants to deal with skinned knees or bloody noses, but if within the tiny group of people in this world that understand what it means when you say, "I've used all the classic triggers,  and my Neolamprologus brevis ikola still wont produce", or when you try explaining what livebearing is, and know, no itts still technically not a mammal just because the babies are born live, or hey, I wonder if this type of glass reflects more light then this other, and how would it affect my par, or, I wonder if that ant has more protein then that spider. Here is a place where such a conversation can occur without getting strange looks. So it only makes sense, that if we speak "another language" then the rest of the world, that we stray off topic sometimes,  and play a little football, if you will. We should be able to, without having to "worry that the duty" may catch us.
Anthony J.
Anthony J.
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3