WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  Aquarium Co-Op on 2013-08-27, 13:25

Posted wafishbox to craigslist today. http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/for/4029165293.html

The original print was a bit small so I changed the template to make it larger for next time.

If anyone else wants to help and post to anywhere but Seattle for sale that would help a ton. Pet section, Bellingham, down south, East of the mountains area etc.

Also if anyone owns a website, a link back to www.wafishbox.com would be help to get us higher up in the search engines.

Lastly, tell your friends. Even if they are already members, bug them to become active again Smile


_________________
-Cory
avatar
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Join date : 2010-05-25
Age : 34
Location : Edmonds, WA

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  VernalPond on 2013-08-27, 13:36

Cory, your post was flagged by CraigsList and is gone.
avatar
VernalPond
Fry

Join date : 2012-10-13
Location : Vashon Island, WA

http://www.NatureInvincible.com

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  hobbyorobsession on 2013-08-27, 13:38

probably because its in the for sale section and not selling anything. misleading as if your selling the forum for a $1
avatar
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Join date : 2010-05-16
Age : 33
Location : edmonds mukilteo

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  Aquarium Co-Op on 2013-08-27, 13:39

That is odd. I'll try again in a couple of days.

_________________
-Cory
avatar
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Join date : 2010-05-25
Age : 34
Location : Edmonds, WA

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  Aquarium Co-Op on 2013-08-27, 13:41

hobbyorobsession wrote:probably because its in the for sale section and not selling anything. misleading as if your selling the forum for a $1
Yeah I'll try a different title next time. Problem with craigslist is the for sale section is where all the traffic is. I might just add it to my Aquarium Co-Op posts and people can find the fish box that way.

_________________
-Cory
avatar
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Join date : 2010-05-25
Age : 34
Location : Edmonds, WA

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  Spyral on 2013-08-30, 11:13

Well, it looks awesome. I liked the chat room because all we ever did in there was make jokes. Not much fishy business.
avatar
Spyral
Contributing Member

Join date : 2010-09-10
Age : 96
Location : Hillview, Kentucky

http://www.dinkypage.com/54184

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  KaraWolf on 2013-09-12, 17:02

Suggestion? would it be possible to make the reply/new topic boxes bigger lenghtwise? I do most of my posting on my phone and right now they only offer 2 visible lines of text which are tricky to grab for double checking spelling and the like. Let alone my phone being stupid and always auto moving the screen away from my typing spot.
avatar
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Join date : 2013-05-20
Location : Spanaway/fredrickson, Wa

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  Aquarium Co-Op on 2013-09-12, 17:04

KaraWolf wrote:Suggestion? would it be possible to make the reply/new topic boxes bigger lenghtwise? I do most of my posting on my phone and right now they only offer 2 visible lines of text which are tricky to grab for double checking spelling and the like. Let alone my phone being stupid and always auto moving the screen away from my typing spot.
Unfortunately I think this is limited by the current forums we use. I'm still trying to decide if it's worth it to move the site to a new forum host. This will allow us full customization. However the forums will go down for a day, and everyone's passwords would be reset and they'd have to make a new one again. We're still looking at all the options before we decide to take any action.

_________________
-Cory
avatar
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Join date : 2010-05-25
Age : 34
Location : Edmonds, WA

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  KaraWolf on 2013-09-12, 17:10

Ahhh Smile good luck to you then o.o not a webpage manipulator myself so I wouldn't know the first thing about it Razz but I would assume all suggestions are good in helping decide where to go now Smile
avatar
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Join date : 2013-05-20
Location : Spanaway/fredrickson, Wa

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  nick_76 on 2013-09-12, 20:12

kara- get an android phone, youll have better luck....just sayin'

boeing still doesn't like wafishbox unfortunately...so I have to depend on my phone to read up on the box during the work day now
avatar
nick_76
Senior Member

Join date : 2013-03-31
Age : 41
Location : federal way

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  Aquarium Co-Op on 2013-09-12, 20:17

nick_76 wrote:kara- get an android phone, youll have better luck....just sayin'

boeing still doesn't like wafishbox unfortunately...so I have to depend on my phone to read up on the box during the work day now
Oh dang, I'll see if I can figure out why it doesn't like it Sad

_________________
-Cory
avatar
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Join date : 2010-05-25
Age : 34
Location : Edmonds, WA

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  Gryphon on 2013-09-12, 20:23

My work is the same way, it blocks the site.
avatar
Gryphon
Lifetime Member

Join date : 2011-05-06
Age : 34
Location : Federal Way

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  Madness on 2013-09-12, 20:27

Your employers have the server security restrictions set, for exactly this reason. That way employees dont waste time on forums or FB....

_________________
I tried to do this again, and I just wasted an hour of my time to have it disappear AGAIN
If you want to know what I have, just ask to come visit.

Over 4000 gallons and over 50 species
avatar
Madness
Moderator

Join date : 2010-04-26
Age : 48
Location : Puyallup

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  Seattle_Aquarist on 2013-09-12, 20:34

Hi All,

What happened to the list of Sponsors in the left column of the Portal Page?
avatar
Seattle_Aquarist
Lifetime Member

Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Renton, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  Aquarium Co-Op on 2013-09-12, 20:48

Seattle_Aquarist wrote:Hi All,

What happened to the list of Sponsors in the left column of the Portal Page?
Was removed due to inactivity. The sponsors that were there had not posted in over a year and some are no longer in business etc. Unfortunately when something is given away so cheap, people tend to not utilize it. Because the sponsor privileged was given away way below market value, the sponsors did not utilize it. All sponsors still have their name in gold, unfortunately all of them are inactive and never post so you don't see that around either.

We do have a new sponsor of Hikari foods. They're sponsoring the photo section, after this current month of photos with prizes donated by me. It will be prizes from Hikari.

I look forward to picking up new sponsors to the forum as we grow.

_________________
-Cory
avatar
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Join date : 2010-05-25
Age : 34
Location : Edmonds, WA

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  Aquarium Co-Op on 2013-09-12, 20:54

I've purchased the ability to block google ads from forum members for the next year. So if you're logged in you should no long see ads anywhere on these forums. If you do please let me know so I can look into it.

_________________
-Cory
avatar
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Join date : 2010-05-25
Age : 34
Location : Edmonds, WA

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  Gryphon on 2013-09-12, 20:56

Probably, it gives me a risk error when I try to get on the fishbox, but I can access several other forums no problem.
avatar
Gryphon
Lifetime Member

Join date : 2011-05-06
Age : 34
Location : Federal Way

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  Aquarium Co-Op on 2013-09-12, 21:19

For you guys getting blocked, any chance you can let me know if it's like Mcafee, or google etc that is blocking you? I've submitted a ticket to trustedsource to get wafishbox.com verified, that should help get it labeled as safe.


_________________
-Cory
avatar
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Join date : 2010-05-25
Age : 34
Location : Edmonds, WA

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  Gryphon on 2013-09-12, 21:25

Company's internal security system sadly for me.
avatar
Gryphon
Lifetime Member

Join date : 2011-05-06
Age : 34
Location : Federal Way

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  Aquarium Co-Op on 2013-09-12, 21:27

Gryphon wrote:Company's internal security system sadly for me.
I'm hoping by correcting whatever it is that is flagging one of the sites, it'll fix it for all systems... Maybe wishful thinking, but if there is a way hopefully we'll find it.

_________________
-Cory
avatar
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Join date : 2010-05-25
Age : 34
Location : Edmonds, WA

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  Gryphon on 2013-09-12, 21:29

I'm not too worried about accessing the site at work, I work grave shift so it is usually quiet during that time period anyways.
avatar
Gryphon
Lifetime Member

Join date : 2011-05-06
Age : 34
Location : Federal Way

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  KaraWolf on 2013-09-12, 22:04

nick_76 wrote:kara- get an android phone, youll have better luck....just sayin'

boeing still doesn't like wafishbox unfortunately...so I have to depend on my phone to read up on the box during the work day now
Dude....its a Samsung galaxy exhilirate it IS an android Razz and will never be an ianything!
avatar
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Join date : 2013-05-20
Location : Spanaway/fredrickson, Wa

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  nick_76 on 2013-09-12, 22:18

doh...for some reason I read iphone, and not phone... under options, choose "request desktop site"
avatar
nick_76
Senior Member

Join date : 2013-03-31
Age : 41
Location : federal way

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  nick_76 on 2013-09-12, 22:19

madness wrote:Your employers have the server security restrictions set, for exactly this reason.  That way employees dont waste time on forums or FB....
nope...facebook is allowed....
avatar
nick_76
Senior Member

Join date : 2013-03-31
Age : 41
Location : federal way

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  nick_76 on 2013-09-12, 22:21

Aquarium Co-Op wrote:For you guys getting blocked, any chance you can let me know if it's like Mcafee, or google etc that is blocking you? I've submitted a ticket to trustedsource to get wafishbox.com verified, that should help get it labeled as safe.

awesome. it is mcaffee...says unverified if I remember right
avatar
nick_76
Senior Member

Join date : 2013-03-31
Age : 41
Location : federal way

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  KaraWolf on 2013-09-12, 22:22

Hahaha hmmmm I wonder if the mobile would work better? I use the desktop version cause I can't find the portal feed on the mobile version....
Edit: ehh yeah better but I like the edit feature and portal of the desktop version
avatar
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Join date : 2013-05-20
Location : Spanaway/fredrickson, Wa

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  nick_76 on 2013-09-12, 23:36

I avoid mobile versions of sites like the plague. a definite turnoff to a site if they wont let mobile users switch between versions
avatar
nick_76
Senior Member

Join date : 2013-03-31
Age : 41
Location : federal way

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  KaraWolf on 2013-09-12, 23:44

I can agree with that!!! Sometimes the mobile is just too slow or glitchy to be annoyed at a screen you have to zoom in and out on constantly though this forum is set up almost perfectly to use desktop on my phone.
avatar
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Join date : 2013-05-20
Location : Spanaway/fredrickson, Wa

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  nick_76 on 2013-09-12, 23:54

I just don't like visiting dumbed down websites...made sense for early generation phones with internet access....but today, not so much

also, I get used to where to find things on a website, on a mobile version all bets are off
avatar
nick_76
Senior Member

Join date : 2013-03-31
Age : 41
Location : federal way

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  Anthony J. on 2013-09-21, 06:34

Hmmmm.


Last edited by Anthony J. on 2013-09-21, 08:48; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Anthony J.
FishBox Member

Join date : 2013-09-19
Age : 35
Location : Tacoma

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  Gryphon on 2013-09-21, 08:21

Don't let the door hit you on the way out man.
avatar
Gryphon
Lifetime Member

Join date : 2011-05-06
Age : 34
Location : Federal Way

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  nick_76 on 2013-09-21, 13:16

? where did that come from?
avatar
nick_76
Senior Member

Join date : 2013-03-31
Age : 41
Location : federal way

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  Gryphon on 2013-09-21, 13:40

You would have had to have seen Anthony J.'s post before he edited it. Basically he said some bad stuff about Cory and Shawn, then proceeded to say he was leaving.

I suspect Anthony J is a previous forum member who got their panties in a wad over something.
avatar
Gryphon
Lifetime Member

Join date : 2011-05-06
Age : 34
Location : Federal Way

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  Anthony J. on 2013-09-21, 14:15

Shut up Gryphon, I'll put you in a wad. Yes, I am a previous member/moderator, I was the 13th member on this forum. I hadn't been on for a while,  when I came back, I made a few posts, kinda chatted with a few old friends, posted something in the market, and started a thread in the appropriate category discussing some fish I have. When I logged back in the next day, my moderator status had been taken away, my thread moved to an area other then where I put it, and I read around a bit and cant help but notice that a good 30% of all threads I was reading had somewhere in it, "alright now guys stay on topic, I'm gonna clean this up, I'm sure you guys are just joking, but a new member may not know that" etc, etc.  I was saying that this was ridiculous,  and that it didn't used to be that way, go look through year old threads,  maybe even a little older. We used clown on mfk guys doing exactly this crap. Wafishbox is now a place for mods who obviously have inferiority issues, and give themselves pats on the back for telling grown adults what to do, or how to do it. Also, as a place to support Corys store, which I'm sure is great, but where are the other sponsors? Did aquarium Co op donate the $ that a place for pets did, where are the banners these company's payed for. Was it seen as competition so pulled off?

I'm not hiding anything, my old screen name wad fish_n_vw, and this used to be a great place to come and talk fish.  I deleted my account because fish_n_vw was a moderator, and one of the people who from the beginning watched as our numbers grew and grew. So, I changed my screen name to my real name, Anthony J. I am not hiding out, plotting schemes or trolling, half the people on this site have my number, and I am easy to get a hold of.  But, I Anthony J. wont just sit back and keep my mouth shut anymore. So, as a proud member of what this forum used to be, I will call the mods and admins on there crap, that is how it is. I have no disrespect for Shawn, Cory, or any other mods/admins. Cory I hope your buisness is doing well, and I will have to come check it out sometime when I'm up north, Shawn, I hope you and your boys are doing well, and you don't find me too offensive, but you know me well enough. This is nothing personal, and not an attack at either of you, but my opinion,  is this forum has home down hill. Not at all in content,  or humor (we have always had D), but in operations, leadership, and being "over edited". Gryphon, that was a bit personal I guess, you don't know me, watch what you say about people you dont know, or I guess I can show you what I can do with my "panties".


Last edited by Anthony J. on 2013-09-21, 14:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling, I think I got it all.)
avatar
Anthony J.
FishBox Member

Join date : 2013-09-19
Age : 35
Location : Tacoma

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  Gryphon on 2013-09-21, 14:58

Anthony J. wrote:Shut up Gryphon, I'll put you in a wad. Yes, I am a previous member/moderator, I was the 13th member on this forum. I hadn't been on for a while,  when I came back, I made a few posts, kinda chatted with a few old friends, posted something in the market, and started a thread in the appropriate category discussing some fish I have. When I logged back in the next day, my moderator status had been taken away, my thread moved to an area other then where I put it, and I read around a bit and cant help but notice that a good 30% of all threads I was reading had somewhere in it, "alright now guys stay on topic, I'm gonna clean this up, I'm sure you guys are just joking, but a new member may not know that" etc, etc.  I was saying that this was ridiculous,  and that it didn't used to be that way, go look through year old threads,  maybe even a little older. We used clown on mfk guys doing exactly this crap. Wafishbox is now a place for mods who obviously have inferiority issues, and give themselves pats on the back for telling grown adults what to do, or how to do it. Also, as a place to support Corys store, which I'm sure is great, but where are the other sponsors? Did aquarium Co op donate the $ that a place for pets did, where are the banners these company's payed for. Was it seen as competition so pulled off?

I'm not hiding anything, my old screen name wad fish_n_vw, and this used to be a great place to come and talk fish.  I deleted my account because fish_n_vw was a moderator, and one of the people who from the beginning watched as our numbers grew and grew. So, I changed my screen name to my real name, Anthony J. I am not hiding out, plotting schemes or trolling, half the people on this site have my number, and I am easy to get a hold of.  But, I Anthony J. wont just sit back and keep my mouth shut anymore. So, as a proud member of what this forum used to be, I will call the mods and admins on there crap, that is how it is. I have no disrespect for Shawn, Cory, or any other mods/admins. Cory I hope your buisness is doing well, and I will have to come check it out sometime when I'm up north, Shawn, I hope you and your boys are doing well, and you don't find me too offensive, but you know me well enough. This is nothing personal, and not an attack at either of you, but my opinion,  is this forum has home down hill. Not at all in content,  or humor (we have always had D), but in operations, leadership, and being "over edited". Gryphon, that was a bit personal I guess, you don't know me, watch what you say about people you dont know, or I guess I can show you what I can do with my "panties".

Ohh we have a keyboard commando here.
avatar
Gryphon
Lifetime Member

Join date : 2011-05-06
Age : 34
Location : Federal Way

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  Anthony J. on 2013-09-21, 15:02

Nope, I can give you my address, all I'm saying is, watch who you run your mouth to.
avatar
Anthony J.
FishBox Member

Join date : 2013-09-19
Age : 35
Location : Tacoma

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  Anthraxx on 2013-09-21, 15:10

Woooo nelly! first off i wanted to troll back but after fully reading realized its anthony! lets not let some pety fued get in the way of our love for fish... this forum was originally made to bring the NW fish community together and save a buck in doing so. i do agree that some of the mods have to be a little harsh but imagine being in there shoes... must be difficult to constantly have to get on people to follow simple rules and such. plus think of all those who may have been irked by such actions.. i know i was one of them. as for the new forum rulings i think you may have missed quite a bit, as i understand it mikey was tired of continuing the website and cory graciously offered to take it off his hands. yes its a good thing for his business, but its also good for the forum. since all this transition ive seen this place go from a dead/dying forum into a vibrant place where i can barely keep up on posts. i by no means am trying to take sides here (although i have met anthony, gryphon, cory, and many others over the years) just simply trying to bring another perspective to it.


on a side note: Dmd has got to be a main source of humor here, although Lamental Jester is really trying.

on another side note: i can recall you yourself censoring a ton of my posts when you used to be an admin, i also recall giving you a bunch of c%*& over it IRL.
avatar
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Join date : 2011-04-24
Location : Tacoma

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  Anthony J. on 2013-09-21, 15:22

Yeah, but that was cursing and such, not "stay on topic", or "dont joke around" or a lot of the other useless power trip crap that's been going on. I have missed some, but I was sure to catch up, hence me being here and posting in this thread. Im still curious where the sponsor banners are, with link to there respective sites, those were payed for.
avatar
Anthony J.
FishBox Member

Join date : 2013-09-19
Age : 35
Location : Tacoma

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  Anthraxx on 2013-09-21, 15:35

indeed i do agree with you there on the topic deal, imo the easiest way to fix this would be to put in a chat system that actually works and is up top with the portal page.. that way if you wanna joke around you got a place to do so..
avatar
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Join date : 2011-04-24
Location : Tacoma

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  Anthony J. on 2013-09-21, 16:24

I don't see why anyone cant have any topic go anyway they please. To me, the original thread location, is a starting point, let the free members run with it as they see fit. I have read through (as I'm sure many have) countless topics, and if something turns another direction, if im not interested, often times I simply stop reading. But, sometimes, whatever said topic gets turned into, is related close enough to the original topic, that it spikes, or could turn my interest in another direction. For instance , I was recently reading a thread on diy cfl bulbs some guy, had a question of it would be ok to grow specific plant. It turned into a 9 page, now sticky, where his question had inspired someone to recreate his tank and use a par meter to determine how well cfls work when using diffrent k ratings, and range or distance, also open top tank vs glass top, and compared to t5, t8, pc, and halide. Needless to say, a question, which could have been answered by one or two sentences, by one person, turned into a experiment, by another. Complete thread jack. But everyone was happy to see it, and as I stated, now its a sticky. I just spent 20 minutes looking for it, and cant remember where I saw it, sorry. But this just goes to show how "holding" people under such a strict mindset, can be very counter productive.
avatar
Anthony J.
FishBox Member

Join date : 2013-09-19
Age : 35
Location : Tacoma

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  DMD123 on 2013-09-21, 16:36

Glad to have you back on board Anthony! Makes sense changing out the user name. The place has grown quite a bit and we have many new users. Very active site now.
avatar
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Join date : 2010-06-11
Age : 49
Location : Tacoma, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  Salzabar on 2013-09-21, 16:59

HA!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!! Anthony, you are so funny specially when you say "I'll put you in a wad" LOL!!!! and "I can show you what I can do with my panties" What does that even mean???????? I vote Anthony as the funniest poster on this forum. Who wants to second that??!!

PLease, whatever you do Anthony, don't stop being funny. I could always use a good laugh. Even if it means I get to laugh at someone like you.
avatar
Salzabar
Senior Member

Join date : 2010-08-14
Age : 105
Location : Snohomish

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  Anthony J. on 2013-09-21, 17:06

Laugh away, I like to make people laugh. And, I'm still trying to figure out what I can do with my panties. Smile
avatar
Anthony J.
FishBox Member

Join date : 2013-09-19
Age : 35
Location : Tacoma

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  nick_76 on 2013-09-21, 19:04

honestly, I don't see anything wrong with anthonys post- the one that is up right now, at least. other than wadding panties this way and that, his assessment of the way things are is pretty spot on.

I don't know how the original post was worded in such a way to get people so riled up though
avatar
nick_76
Senior Member

Join date : 2013-03-31
Age : 41
Location : federal way

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  Aquarium Co-Op on 2013-09-21, 20:14

The sponsor section is gone because they weren't being used. Not a single sponsor has contacted me in regards to the sponsorship not being on the front page. In fact I did pay to have aquarium co-op be a sponsor back in the old system. I also bought this forum.

We have new sponsors in the work. Hikari has already signed on to sponsor the photo of the month contests etc.

Lets not forget where this forum was just a month ago. We literally went a week with not a single post in the general section etc. Users were at an all time low etc.

No one likes change. However if we didn't shake up what was going on, the forum was dying. We are now seeing an influx of people and it has become active again. This is why a lot of old people are returning.

I hope we can grow this community and talk fish on a daily basis. I hope we can remain civil with each other and keep topics on point and keep the forum family friendly. I don't see a down side to any of those key points. We can certainly joke around and have fun without the need for lots of swear words and excessive trolling. There are lots of forums on the internet. This one is for Washington Fish People pure and simple. All other types of shenanigans can go on outside of this forum.


Last edited by PokeSephiroth on 2013-09-21, 23:00; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling Errors, yeah.)

_________________
-Cory
avatar
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Join date : 2010-05-25
Age : 34
Location : Edmonds, WA

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  Guest on 2013-09-21, 20:24

How about a section "off the topic". It will make us jokers more feel at home with others we chat

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  Guest on 2013-09-21, 20:29

Cause the lounge was too regulated. Cant say this or stop derailing the thread. How about a off the topic chat. Like 30 post is the limit and any after that system deletes the oldest posts. Like a chat room style. Is that possible?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  cichlid-gal on 2013-09-21, 20:40

SiRWesDragon wrote:Cause the lounge was too regulated. Cant say this or stop derailing the thread. How about a off the topic chat. Like 30 post is the limit and any after that system deletes the oldest posts. Like a chat room style. Is that possible?
It's always good to be able to goof off. I see no problem with something like this but it shouldn't count into the "most active" ... just saying...BS is BS plain and simple. "Most active" should be contributing...not BS'ing.
avatar
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Join date : 2012-09-28
Age : 60
Location : Ephrata, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  fishNAbowl on 2013-09-21, 22:06

Anthony J. wrote:I don't see why anyone cant have any topic go anyway they please. To me, the original thread location, is a starting point, let the free members run with it as they see fit. I have read through (as I'm sure many have) countless topics, and if something turns another direction, if im not interested,  often times I simply stop reading. But, sometimes, whatever said topic gets turned into, is related close enough to the original topic, that it spikes, or could turn my interest in another direction. For instance , I was recently reading a thread on diy cfl bulbs some guy, had a question of it would be ok to grow specific plant. It turned into a 9 page, now sticky, where his question had inspired someone to recreate his tank and use a par meter to determine how well cfls work when using diffrent k ratings, and range or distance, also open top tank vs glass top, and compared to t5, t8, pc, and halide. Needless to say, a question, which could have been answered by one or two sentences, by one person, turned into a experiment,  by another. Complete thread jack. But everyone was happy to see it, and as I stated, now its a sticky. I just spent 20 minutes looking for it, and cant remember where I saw it, sorry. But this just goes to show how "holding" people under such a strict mindset, can be very counter productive.
There is a fine balance . In general when a person posts a topic with a specific goal & wanted others opinions that person would like it if the thread they created could in the most part stay on topic. I would like to add, some kidding, & side tracked convo is accepted but if 10+ ppl engage in the off topic subject the original subject could become lost quickly. It's so annoying when it does.  If side interests develops off the original topic then it's time to just post a new topic.

SiRWesDragon wrote:How about a section "off the topic". It will make us jokers more feel at home with others we chat
Isn't this what the lounge is for?
avatar
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 44
Location : LK. Stevens, Wash.

Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  Guest on 2013-09-21, 22:35

fishNAbowl wrote:
SiRWesDragon wrote:How about a section "off the topic". It will make us jokers more feel at home with others we chat
Isn't this what the lounge is for?
Cause the lounge was too regulated. Cant say this or stop derailing the thread. How about a off the topic chat. Like 30 post is the limit and any after that system deletes the oldest posts. Like a chat room style. Is that possible?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum