HELP! I THINK I GIVE MY 90GAL HAIRLINE FRACTURE. ****update*****again.

+3
lloyd378
Madness
fishyladdy
7 posters

Go down

HELP! I THINK I GIVE MY 90GAL HAIRLINE FRACTURE. ****update*****again. Empty HELP! I THINK I GIVE MY 90GAL HAIRLINE FRACTURE. ****update*****again.

Post  Guest 2013-08-12, 02:30

I was moving rocks and 1 large rock fell on top of 2 rocks that were in the sand. Please help me. Can you guys tell if f-ed it up.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by SiRWesDragon on 2013-08-15, 18:27; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

HELP! I THINK I GIVE MY 90GAL HAIRLINE FRACTURE. ****update*****again. Empty Re: HELP! I THINK I GIVE MY 90GAL HAIRLINE FRACTURE. ****update*****again.

Post  Guest 2013-08-12, 02:41

How long do I have till it will leak? Im going to look for another tank. But if needed can I trust a member here to hold my african cichlid babies.  Im shaking right now typing this ****. Im feeling like **** also. Please respond.

Back to top Go down

HELP! I THINK I GIVE MY 90GAL HAIRLINE FRACTURE. ****update*****again. Empty Re: HELP! I THINK I GIVE MY 90GAL HAIRLINE FRACTURE. ****update*****again.

Post  fishyladdy 2013-08-12, 02:47

Man I would be really careful filling that with water.. I don't think I would fill it with water fulling to much pressure and it will bust in a second. There's no telling when it will happen I would empty that tank though or ur gonna end up with water everywhere. I'm really sorry that happened. Good luck
fishyladdy
fishyladdy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-08-12, 03:07

Its hard to tell in the pictures, to me it just looks like a scratch. If it in deed is a crack, I would not fill it.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-08-12, 03:56

Its holding my africans right now. Emptied it halfway. Removed all the rocks and decor. The cichlids are stressed out as much as im right now.Head Wall 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-08-12, 09:18

Is that a scratch or crack Wes?! Does your stand have a solid top? What I mean is; my stand isn't "solid" so I can look under the stand and see the bottom of my tank. If your able to do this it may help determine if its just a scratch (praying). To me it looks like a scratch also, but you should be able to clearly tell the difference. Cracks and scratches look way different! God I wish I lived closer & would so come over to help determine affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-08-12, 10:59

My stand is solid on top. So its hard to tell but Im sure its a hairline cause shine a flashlight on the crack with the tank lights off it glares back a little.

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-08-12, 12:03

Do you have any place to put the fish? If so, I'd take the tank outside to the grass and turn it over to see if is cracked or just scratched..... I would probably also fill it completely up outside and to check if it can handle the pressure of the water.

On a side note, aquarium paradise  had some 75 gallons for sale for cheap..... They are 48"x18" but just shorter.   Could work if you are in a dire situation.  Good luck
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-08-12, 12:19

If it is cracked I would replace the tank. Some people will 'patch' glass tanks with a sheet of glass and silicone and being on the bottom you would not notice.... I wouldn't do this but some people do.

I think Ive seen many of the shops selling new 75g tanks for about $150. You would have the peace of mind that it was new at least.

In the future you might put the plastic grid material down before you put your sand and large rocks. This is the stuff they use for ceiling tile light grids. It is said to make a good protection for your tank from large rock issues.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-08-12, 12:29

Yup very hard lesson learned.  Read on it after I put the tank  up a month later. Next time im going to put one. Borrowing  Fredieb's 55 gal tank to put the cichlids in for a few days to see what do. Im going to do what Lloyd378 said to do first. Then if its cracked im replacing it. Does anyone have a spare 75-90 gal to sell

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-08-12, 12:34

I don't buy I think the used one at ap were right around 100..... Not cheap, but it would hurt to try to get a better deal over the phone
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-08-12, 13:19

Could also wait for the Sumner sale toward the end of this month to try and score a new tank for cheap.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-08-14, 04:37

Its really bad. Thank god I drained today and still up fixing my babies new temp 55 gal home provided by Fredieb.  Thanks bro.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-08-14, 04:59

Off to buy new 90 gallon.  Well used if I can find one soon.

Back to top Go down

Post  anderson_p_r 2013-08-14, 11:08

I just saw this on CL:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
anderson_p_r
anderson_p_r

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-08-14, 12:11

I need one but only the tank. No need for stand and stuff. But found one 90 gallon tank for $80. Good deal?

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-08-14, 12:16

$80 is pretty reasonable, I would still try and talk them down.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  earthfish 2013-08-14, 12:18

DMD123 wrote:Could also wait for the Sumner sale toward the end of this month to try and score a new tank for cheap.
Sumner sale? what sale??
earthfish
earthfish
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-08-14, 12:26

DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-08-14, 12:52

Thanks guys for the help. Will look into those.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-08-15, 18:44

So I got an used 90gal in pristine condition from some guy in Tacoma. No scratches and silicone all in great shape for $75. Woot Woot   
    I also went to tropical fish world to see what they have for sale. Man, I felt like they never seen a brown tattooed guy. Geez, I felt they were keeping an eye on me Suspect . Like im gonna steal fish and put them in my pockets. Anyways I still BOUGHT some fishes from them cause fishes look healthy and are on sale. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  BillHN 2013-08-15, 18:58

Grats man!
BillHN
BillHN
Lifetime Member

https://www.facebook.com/billhn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-08-15, 19:38

The guy has more tanks. Tanks were 100gal tank with a stand,  75gal with a stand,  and a marineland canister filter.  And some smaller tanks.
His number is 253-224-5278.

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-08-15, 19:44

Congrats! Spot On  You should be back up and running in no time.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-08-15, 20:42

Doing it tonight.  When family sleeps since I dont sleep till 2-3am. Insomnia. Yeah. Hella excited.  Thank you all for the support in this hobby.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down