what kind of cichlid is this and does anyone have any that they are selling??

2 posters

Go down

what kind of cichlid is this and does anyone have any that they are selling?? Empty what kind of cichlid is this and does anyone have any that they are selling??

Post  fishyladdy 2013-08-06, 01:28

looking through pictures on the internet and of course i find these beautiful fish and would love to have some!
cant get over the color of it almost a light blue. love it!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
fishyladdy
fishyladdy
fishyladdy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

what kind of cichlid is this and does anyone have any that they are selling?? Empty Re: what kind of cichlid is this and does anyone have any that they are selling??

Post  master chi 2013-08-06, 01:39

Cynotilapia Sp. White Top Hara. And yes he is handsome.. Looks Like a Rusty girl hiding in the background
master chi
master chi
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

what kind of cichlid is this and does anyone have any that they are selling?? Empty Re: what kind of cichlid is this and does anyone have any that they are selling??

Post  fishyladdy 2013-08-06, 01:49

hes so handsome id love to have a tank with them and acei they would be so pretty together. Very Happy is that what they normally look like or is he just a rare one?? i see you have some thats why i ask lol
fishyladdy
fishyladdy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  master chi 2013-08-06, 02:59

My large male who I keep in my All Male set up looks just like that about 95% of the day. The really light,almost white body color is the typical White Top Hara show color. Meaning they show that color to exude dominance,either to other males,or females when attempting to spawn.

My male for my group,shows this too,but he's still pretty small,about 2.5''. It'll be awhile before he's showing like this all day

I think my large one just feels comfortable all day,and likes to show off to the Cobalt Zebra in the tank,He doesn't ever chase him,but he just shows off to him. I always joke to my wife that he is bragging to the cobalt,saying yeah I'm a pretty blue too,but I also have STRIPES!!!

If you were to source out a good group of these,I think you could expect the Dom male to look like the one pictured.the females tend to look very similar to cobalt zebras,so they also look very nice,and aren't the drab females of some species.

Just be sure breeding groups of those two species aren't mixed,due to the similarity in female appearance,I'm sure they would crossbreed
master chi
master chi
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishyladdy 2013-08-06, 03:09

I know hybrids are frowned apon I'm not saying I would breed them BUT I think that they would make a cool hybrid lol
I really appreciate all the info and if u eve want to sell come babies let me know id love to buy some from you. Smile
fishyladdy
fishyladdy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down