Need help with african cichlids and freshwater shrimps.

2 posters

Go down

Need help with african cichlids and freshwater shrimps. Empty Need help with african cichlids and freshwater shrimps.

Post  Guest 2013-06-26, 19:39

Can my african cichlids go without food for 7 days? I have automatic feeders but I can't control the amount of food that goes out. Don't want uneaten food (unlikely with them) but excess bio waste. I will do 30% water change before I go on all my tanks. And question goes for dwarf shrimps too?  Shocked

Last edited by SiRWesDragon on 2013-06-26, 23:13; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : no one helping cause of title. changed it lol)

Back to top Go down

Need help with african cichlids and freshwater shrimps. Empty Re: Need help with african cichlids and freshwater shrimps.

Post  Anthraxx 2013-06-26, 23:37

so long as they are decently sized you should be alright. just make sure water quality is up (cichlid wise) maybe fatten them up a bit over the next little while? as for the shrimps i have no idea.
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Need help with african cichlids and freshwater shrimps. Empty Re: Need help with african cichlids and freshwater shrimps.

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2013-06-26, 23:44

Both will be fine. Shrimp feed on biofilm primarily. African Cichlid females routinely go through periods of not eating due to holding fry. Typically 21 days or so. 7 should not be a problem assuming your stocking level is correct and they're not being too aggressive with eachother.
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-06-27, 04:11

Thanks guys for the input.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down