TO BE or NOT TO BE(pleco grow out/breeding tank)

5 posters

Go down

TO BE or NOT TO BE(pleco grow out/breeding tank) Empty TO BE or NOT TO BE(pleco grow out/breeding tank)

Post  Guest 2013-03-11, 00:02

I just set up my newest tank FINALLY. I was needing a new one!
I mean its just a 20 gallon I got from Ron yesterday(fishloverron) but boy does it need fish or perhaps plecos
I took ten gallons of water from my pre-stabalized tank and put it in there with ten gallons of treated tap water. Its for my red devil fry but they will be young and and way way less than an inch and should not bother the plecos. Right as you read this the tank is cycling and should be ready for fish soon. If you have any plecos you don't want let me know also taking other fish. Very Happy

I am also looking to buy plecos bristle nose,common, marble horn/sail fin pretty much any pleco
let me know what you got any fish any plecos and inverts (has a sponge filter for the inverts)
really really want swordtails Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

-earthfish Like a Star @ heaven

Back to top Go down

TO BE or NOT TO BE(pleco grow out/breeding tank) Empty Re: TO BE or NOT TO BE(pleco grow out/breeding tank)

Post  Jray33 2013-03-27, 23:12

it wouldnt be a growout but... i Got the beastiest regular male bristlenose pleco! Hes been in the family a a while. even for breeding a 20G is kinda small. you gotta supplement with lots of foods. while breeding the parents and the fry both chowed on some canned green beans(uncooked-unsalted). fattened them right up and got them ready to spawn.

Jray33
Fry

Back to top Go down

TO BE or NOT TO BE(pleco grow out/breeding tank) Empty Re: TO BE or NOT TO BE(pleco grow out/breeding tank)

Post  Guest 2013-03-27, 23:21

do you want to sell this pleco?

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazedAce 2013-03-27, 23:50

I've used 30gal tanks as grow out, though I split the spawn in two and sold over half to do so. I'll probably still have to get rid of a few when they get to breeding size. When that time comes (probably 2 months) I'll have some for that aquarium lol. But if you're like me you won't wait. Good tank to breed a few BN plecos though. Very Happy
CrazedAce
CrazedAce
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Nobettername 2013-04-06, 03:37

Are you still looking for a pleco? Anthony has a bushy nose he is trying to rehome.

Nobettername
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-04-06, 10:27

Yes Im still lokking

Back to top Go down

Post  lilfishie 2013-04-06, 13:34

Are you planning on breading the plecos?
I was breeding bristle nose plecos for a while. I had to separate the parents for a while. I had over 120 little ones at one time from two spawns, in a 40 long.
They are very prolific.
I fed green beans also and cucumbers.
They are soo cute when they are little.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lilfishie
lilfishie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-04-06, 16:48

yes I am planning on breeding the Bristlenose plecos!

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2013-04-07, 13:28

Zuchini is a great food for them as well! I've heard that there are more and better nutrients than cukes. One former Pleco breeder I know used frozen peas as a food source. Just blanch them and feed them.
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down