Ever end up with a gaint pleco, when buying a tank? LOL

Go down

Ever end up with a gaint pleco, when buying a tank? LOL Empty Ever end up with a gaint pleco, when buying a tank? LOL

Post  DMD123 on 2014-08-19, 16:56

This is just one of those funny things I think all of us who have bought a tank on Craigslist has ended up with.

My story: I went to go pick up a 56g column (now Lloyd has) and the owner failed to mention it still had a fish... a 12" common pleco that had a deformed tail. Sad to listen to him say this was like his third one. He kept buying them from the pet store, grew them out and took them back. Im surprised no on ever suggested a bristle nose to him. I ended up 'donating' it to a local fish store for free.

So what are your giant pleco stories?
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Ever end up with a gaint pleco, when buying a tank? LOL Empty Re: Ever end up with a gaint pleco, when buying a tank? LOL

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl on 2014-08-19, 23:13

I ended up with a featherfin catfish and two bumblebee catfish this way, only one is big. But she is about ~7" now.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Ever end up with a gaint pleco, when buying a tank? LOL Empty Re: Ever end up with a gaint pleco, when buying a tank? LOL

Post  DMD123 on 2014-08-19, 23:32

Those are not that bad to end up with (until they eat your other fish)

I cant prove this but I do believe the pleco with the bent tail is still at the store I gave it to. In the big tank at Aquarium Paradise there is a pleco that looks to be it but now its really BIG.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl on 2014-08-19, 23:53

Now that I've got a better diet for the featherfin no fish have disappeared Smile it's really grown on me. She and my sailfin hang out together. Smile

I plan on going to AP in the next few months. I'll have to look for it!
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum