Salzabar
Madness
cichlid-gal
Angelman
fishloverRon
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Second Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP meet - Page 2 Empty Re: Second Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP meet

Post  Lamental Jester 2013-03-06, 00:58

ahhhh, I'm so excited!!!
Second Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP meet - Page 2 Tumblr_m1u5p7YPwY1qg6z0o_zpscfc25c05
Lamental Jester
Lamental Jester
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Second Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP meet - Page 2 Empty Re: Second Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP meet

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-03-06, 01:05

theChad wrote:
Your not going to need a name tag Angelo. We've seen your face so much in the last couple days we could point you out of a large crowd. Ha! Very Happy I'm hoping to make it to this swap. Sounds awesome!
LOL... I s'pose that would be true, for us wafishbox members. But there's plenty of other future members out there that don't know how I look like! =P
I just realized that my facial expression almost looks like Tom Green's, in your avatar. Haha! Whoa.

madness wrote:Dude, you are awesome. Going above and beyond, we thank you. Very Happy
I'm glad I can find ways to contribute to our ever growing fish community! Smile

Last edited by PokeSephiroth on 2013-03-06, 01:10; edited 1 time in total
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-03-06, 01:07

Lamental Jester wrote:ahhhh, I'm so excited!!!
Second Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP meet - Page 2 Tumblr_m1u5p7YPwY1qg6z0o_zpscfc25c05

haha LMAO haha
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelman 2013-03-06, 01:50

Lamental Jester wrote:ahhhh, I'm so excited!!!

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
Angelman
Angelman

http://p4angels.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gobluecichlids 2013-03-06, 09:14

gobluecichlids wrote:I have a brand new frame top for a 72 gallon bowfront tank. Still in box, make me a reasonable offer if interested. Color is black.

I won't be attending, but let me know if anyone's interested. I can find some locals to bring it down for me.
gobluecichlids
gobluecichlids
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2013-03-06, 11:51

We'll miss you this time Jeff.
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-03-06, 12:02

Currently working on a third batch of nametags today, is there anyone else that would like one? Please let me know, and I will happily make one for you! Quick, before time runs out! I will keep making them until Friday (as long as people request them, hehe)

As these swaps become more frequent, these nametags can be re-used, over and over for future swap events! Smile
C'mon, let everyone know you're a proud WaFishBox Member! Smile
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-03-07, 02:06

Does anyone happen to have a spare Shaft and Bushings for an Eheim 2232 Canister Filter?? Seems that mine broke, and I'm really surprised that those plastic dowel looking things are $20 !!!! Crazy!

Manufacturer Item No. 7444390

If anyone might have any they are planning on selling, please let me know! I would be eternally grateful! Very Happy

Looks like this:
http://www.thatpetplace.com/shaft-bushings-2026-2028-eheim-filters?gdftrk=gdfV2226_a_7c268_a_7c6967_a_7c217672&ne_ppc_id=1463&ne_key_id=26576363&gclid=CKWqu4_36bUCFa9aMgod9wMAIw

I'm also looking for a ceramic shaft thingy, for a fluval 204 canister filter... looks like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Hagen-A20041-Assembly-Impellers-Straight/dp/B0002Z7V14/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1362636443&sr=8-4&keywords=fluval+204+parts
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-03-07, 03:19

WaFishBox SWAP Namtages, Batches 1 thru 3 are now complete! Currently taking in more requests for batch 4! Smile Only two more days to go before the swap! Would be nice to have a snazzy nametag to show everyone who you are! haha =P

I currently have nametags for the following users:
Aquarium Co-Op, Hawaiian Opae, Shrimp Almighty, theChad, Lamental Jester, Madness, Madness Jr., Betty, cuashidor3, Angelman, FishloverRon, Lars On, and PokeSephiroth (Oh, that's me.)

I only have one Lanyard left, but I have those nametag clips that you can clip onto your clothing, for future nametag requests, I just wanted to let you all know. =P
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamental Jester 2013-03-07, 04:13

Poke you're a machine!!! Very Happy
Lamental Jester
Lamental Jester
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-03-07, 04:19

Lamental Jester wrote:Poke you're a machine!!! Very Happy

aww shucks Smile
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2013-03-07, 10:56

Many thanks again.
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-03-07, 13:49

Business Cards are done! I made 100 of them, and are front and back.
Second Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP meet - Page 2 Pict0024
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2013-03-07, 15:11

Hey Roy, If you come will you bring some Got Fish GSAS postcard too? I've got some I'll have there.
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Br 2013-03-07, 17:07

Will there be another event hold place in Seattle anytime soon? I was keep checking on the address and it's in Federal Way but the title says "Seattle Area Aquarium Swap Meet".... I'll try to heading down there this weekend if I have a chance...will be fun....

Br
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Seattle_Aquarist 2013-03-08, 01:09

fishloverRon wrote:Hey Roy, If you come will you bring some Got Fish GSAS postcard too? I've got some I'll have there.

Hi Ron,

I'm sorry but I have previous commitments for Saturday afternoon and evening otherwise I would be there. I enjoyed the first one; lots of fun, fish talk, and bargains. I hope everyone has a good time.

-Roy
Seattle_Aquarist
Seattle_Aquarist
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2013-03-08, 01:13

Gonna miss ya!
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hawaiian opae 2013-03-08, 12:26

I should have around two dozen Crystal Reds for sale and my son will have a dozen small sword tails. Looking for Java moss, maybe a 20L or poret foam.
hawaiian opae
hawaiian opae
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2013-03-08, 13:18

Just finished bagging Java fern, anubias starts, misc vals, frogbit for tomorrow.
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-03-08, 13:19

oooh vals! I just might purchase some from ya, Ron! Very Happy
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2013-03-08, 13:22

Rough condition, but they're okay for starts!
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2013-03-09, 02:46

I also pulled out 3-20g tanks to sell. 2 are spoken for and the other is still available. I'll have some sponge filters there too.
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lars on 2013-03-09, 13:22

I'm gonna be looking for smaller heaters for a 55g, looking to trade my jäger 250watt, tred to cook my fish yesterday! If ya wanna trade at the swap pm me! Would live to have a smaller jäger heater.
lars on
lars on
Contributing Member

http://www.dinkypage.com/54184

Back to top Go down

Post  Salzabar 2013-03-09, 14:37

thats the heater I run on my 55. I set it at 75 and it stays there. Might be defective.
Salzabar
Salzabar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessielynn1024 2013-03-09, 14:50

Im so mad I have to work roday Sad anyone know when the next swap is? I havent been to one yet. Im for sure going to the auction april 13th though. Will be looking for sponge filter and live worm culture
Jessielynn1024
Jessielynn1024
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-03-09, 14:53

Im on the hunt for plants, dwarf cichlids, angel fish varieties that are uncommon. Also just to throw it out there. I need to upgrade my CO2 tank. Either I can use another 5# tank , may consider a 20 pounder. I won't pay much for these because I can get a heck of a discount through my company. But if anyone has a tank just sitting around I maybe interested...

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2013-03-09, 15:15

Jessielynn, Aron and I are planning to continue the SWAP about every 3 to 4 months. We find that wafishbox is a good place for us to promote them, so stay live on here for the next announcement. I'm gone now to get ready for it. Sorry you can't make it this time.
Ron
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessielynn1024 2013-03-09, 15:17

Awsome when its posted ill be at the next one hope u all have fun1 thanks for the info ron
Jessielynn1024
Jessielynn1024
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-03-09, 15:33

Jessielynn1024 wrote:Im so mad I have to work roday Sad anyone know when the next swap is? I havent been to one yet. Im for sure going to the auction april 13th though. Will be looking for sponge filter and live worm culture

afro .oO sounds like you have a cold coming on... Cough cough*

Good day to play hooky! Lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessielynn1024 2013-03-09, 16:12

Lol yea no kidding I thought about it trust me
Jessielynn1024
Jessielynn1024
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Salzabar 2013-03-09, 21:56

Great turn out everyone. Nice to put a face with the name thanks to PokeSephiroth.
Also a big Thanks to Ron. He made sure everyone knew about GSAS and invited them to show up on Tuesday for our next open meeting. A real nice guy. Everyone who had tables were polite and generous with their time. I thank you all for that. Cory made sure I had enough cookies cause a fat guy like me can't just eat 6 and feel satisfied. Laughing
Next time I need to set up a table for my stuff. I could fill 3 tables and not get all of it from the garage.
Salzabar
Salzabar

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-03-09, 23:23

Wow. I must say...that was... quite the experience! It was a pleasure meeting everyone at the Swap! So much fun, I'm glad I went! Got to meet lots of cool people, and see what they had to offer. Very cool event. It was definitely worth the trip from Bremerton!

Thank you so much everyone! I'm already excited for the next one!
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeB 2013-03-10, 01:47

was great meeting you all and thanks again for your time making badges poke, huge thanks to ron for putting it on, and in general for everyone showing up.. really made my day even if i missed the sun outside

MikeB
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-03-10, 02:02

MikeB: it was a pleasure seeing you there! I'll have to make you a nametag for the next swap! Smile
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-03-10, 02:07

Did y'all see the clown fish in the 5gallon bucket rubbing against the anemone? I love the symbiotic relationship between these two species. I have a feeling a reef tank is in my future...

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeB 2013-03-10, 02:14

was great seeing everyone, already thinking about the next one and how to better plan for it.. hard to set up a table when you want to see everyones goodies... hope to see you all on tuesday for gsas.. if anyone is going to this as well let me know maybe some more name tags and or somthing.. ps loved the idea of avatars on the badges its hard remembering names, forum names and avatars... please dont take offence if i say somthing like hey are you the fire bender due or the jester dude.. ill add my own avatar as well soon enouph Smile

MikeB
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-03-10, 02:27

Hahaha! that's exactly why I wanted to put avatars on the nametags, because I also find it hard to identify people just by their names, or online nicknames. The avatars really help identify who is who. Smile I totally don't mind being called a fire bender. lol, I love spinning fire as another hobby!

So, to those who didn't get a name tag for this swap, please let me know if you'd like one! Just send me your info, and I'll have one ready for ya for the next swap!

Ron, your plants are awesome, and thank you so much for all the info you've given me! Smile

Last edited by PokeSephiroth on 2013-03-10, 03:08; edited 1 time in total
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2013-03-10, 02:39

Thanks to all that showed up for the fun! It made my day, week, month... There were several people there that were new to or restarting the hobby (like I did 2 years ago), and they got good starts today. Lots of helpful info floating, no, flying through the room.

I appreciate the donations for the table space. Got about half the signs paid for and I'm good with that.

Speaking of donations...we've got over 2x as much food for MultiServices in Federal Way. I'll be taking it over to them this week. This is heartwarming folks.

Poke...you rocked with the nametags. Thanks so much.

Thanks for those that showed early and helped with the tables - JesseM (our newest daddy) was big on that one.

And now for the behind the scenes folks....
Aron (angelman) had an emergency and couldn't be here with us. He has been instrumental in promoting on Craigslist and Facebook. As I asked around when people arrived I learned a lot of them saw us on those places. He was totally devastated he couldn't be here.

Brian Oliver was instumental in getting awareness on the Reefbuilders forum and that produced some saltwater enthusiasts as table people and visitors.

Thanks to Jacob Hall of PSAS for getting our event published in their newsletter.

The wonderful redhead that registered people at the first table as you entered was Barbara Braaten, a close friend. She volunteered this morning when she heard Aron wasn't going to be here.

The cleanup crew consisted of Barbara, her husband, Stan, and my wonderful supporting wife, Linda. I thought I was going to have to do it myself and they just jumped right in and did it. Stan and Barbara are newly back into the hobby, and Linda really enjoys the fruits of my aquarium labor.

There were a lot of good conversations about many aspects of this wonderful fishkeeping hobby.

We are looking ahead to the next one folks and if any of you have any ideas, thoughts or suggestions, please PM me or Aron (Angelman) with them. We're open to getting others involved in planning and preparations if you you want to join us.

It was great to put faces with names. Now all I gotta do is try to put them together the next time we meet up!

Looking forward to seeing all of you at the next one.
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-03-10, 02:57

Ron, you're super for doing this, and I really enjoyed the entire event. Got to meet our fellow fishbox members, and made some really good friends along the way. This truly was a magnificent event, and I'm happy to say that I'm already looking forward to meeting you all again soon!

Aron, I'm going to tackle you at the next swap, to hand over your nametag Smile same goes for you cuiashidor3. lol!

To the rest of the people that I met at the swap, who asked for a nametag, you are all awesome! Let's keep this wonderful hobby alive, and continue to spread the love of aquarium keeping! Cheers!
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  BillHN 2013-03-14, 17:53

theChad wrote:Did y'all see the clown fish in the 5gallon bucket rubbing against the anemone? I love the symbiotic relationship between these two species. I have a feeling a reef tank is in my future...
Me and my wife saw that, and she yelled out "OMG IT'S NEMO!" I lol'd xD
BillHN
BillHN
Lifetime Member

https://www.facebook.com/billhn

Back to top Go down

Post  Spyral 2013-03-16, 08:12

Salzabar wrote:
Me either...damn.[/quote]

LOL......Spyral! Just a "short" drive for you in the vett.[/quote]

The Z06 is nice, but she's being traded in on a ZR1. I've had the Z06 for a year now, time for something new!
Spyral
Spyral
Contributing Member

http://www.dinkypage.com/54184

Back to top Go down

Post  Salzabar 2013-03-16, 10:38

Yeah the ZL1 is a much better commuter car then the Z06.
Salzabar
Salzabar

Back to top Go down

Post  binbin9 2013-06-20, 13:56

Whens this happening again =)
binbin9
binbin9

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2013-06-20, 15:02

Not sure yet.  I want to have one this summer, but we can't use the clubhouse any more.  We did some damage to the floors at the last meet. Looks like something heavy was dropped and made a pretty big gouge in the parkay.  We'd just had the floors refinished for $10K and it didn't set to well with management.

I was going to try to hold it this month, but time has gotten away from me. 

I'm thinking about July or August.  I'm not interested in turning this into a commercial event where we have to pay rent and table fees. A donation of $5 each would help finish paying for some signs I had made.  We can hold it outdoors here on the tennis court below the clubhouse and not have any costs involved.  Everyone will need to bring their own water, chairs, & table, and we can probably have one long extension cord for electricity if anyone is really going to need it.

I'd like feedback from the forum.  How about all of you pipe in here and let me know what you think.  There is so much good support for this from all you Fishboxers, it's really important to hear from you.

Thanks for asking, Bin.....Ron
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  binbin9 2013-06-20, 15:23

I'm in for it, I'm kinda sorry I missed the last one.
binbin9
binbin9

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-06-20, 15:36

Depending on time, location and what we can be sure will be there(we'd be driving from Skagit), Kaosu & I would come...

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2013-06-20, 17:59

If this happens on a tuesday/thursday i can bring an entire table of aquatic plants. But i understand that, that time doesnt work for a lot of people.
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2