Salzabar
Madness
cichlid-gal
Angelman
fishloverRon
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Second Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP meet Empty Second Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP meet

Post  fishloverRon 2013-02-17, 14:14

Hi folks,

The next Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP will be on March 9, at the same venue (Kloshe Illahee Park Community Room) as the first one! We will hae the room from 2-6pm and tables are available. I have had a few signs made so am asking for a $5 donation from those of you that want to reserve a table. That will help pay for them. We'll collect non-perishable food again for those that want to donate and I'll take it to Multi-Family Services in Federal Way.

If you have extra items and livestock you want to trade, sell, give, then bring them! This is the place. We don't have the facilities to set up aquaria over 5 gallons. I discourage that due to the short time span and wood parkay floors!

We had a great time last time and a lot of people got a lot of stuff. And we all had fun!

Call, text or email me with questions or ideas. rondsower@gmail.com 253-468-6445

See you there!
Ron
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Second Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP meet Empty Re: Second Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP meet

Post  Angelman 2013-02-17, 21:54

SAAS Swap Meet Rules
1. Admission 1 can good per person over age 10.
2. Payment for table(s) must be made BEFORE seller will be allowed to sell.
3. Admission fee will be waived for sellers – Limit 2 free admissions per table.
4. Sellers must wear name tags for the duration of the Swap Meet so they can be clearly identified.
5. No outside sales by non-registered sellers will be permitted.
6. Sellers must bring their own change, etc. Change will not be available.
7. Each seller may set their own policy as to whether or not they will accept checks, credit cards, etc.
8. No phone hookup for POS devices is available in sales room.
9. Electricity is available, but sellers must bring their own extension cords, multi-outlet strips, etc.
10. SAAS ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY SALES - All transactions are strictly between the seller and the buyer. SAAS is only providing table space and advertising.
11. SAAS reserves the right to refuse table space to anyone.
12. Seller is responsible for collecting any sales tax that may be due.
13. All equipment must be in working order, or be sold clearly labeled as “For Parts Only”
14. Leakers must be labeled as such.
15. NO cracked or dangerous tanks may be sold unless they are packaged in such a way as to render them safe for handling.
16. NO reptiles or amphibians may be sold.
17. No deformed, sick or illegal fish or plants may be sold.
18. Fish must be humanely and properly packaged for sale.
19. These rules are not all-inclusive. The Swap Meet chairs have the Final Authority.

Last edited by Angelman on 2013-02-27, 19:00; edited 1 time in total
Angelman
Angelman

http://p4angels.com

Back to top Go down

Second Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP meet Empty Re: Second Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP meet

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-02-18, 11:40

Is this the swap meet that was originally scheduled for March 2nd?
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-02-18, 13:18

Yes
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2013-02-18, 13:36

Hey Madnes...YOu gonna be able to make it...I hope!
And Cichlid-gal?

I've finally gotten a lot of miscellaneous stuff out of my storage and am sorting it!
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-02-18, 21:46

We were planning on March the 2nd but now that it's changed, we won't be able to make it...so sad. I was looking forward to it...maybe next time. We have a busy week the week of the 9th -17th ... so we will watch for future meets Smile
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Salzabar 2013-02-18, 22:57

Why the change in date and time? Just wondering since the new date will keep me from joining your swapmeet. I'll have to plan for next year.
Salzabar
Salzabar

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2013-02-19, 03:03

Date was changed due to availability of the venue. There will be construction or something going on there on the 2nd.

It's unfortunate. I apologize for giving out the other date too soon. However, Aron (Angelman) and I don't plan for this to be the last one! We hope to make this an event every 3-4 months.

Your thoughts and input will be welcome. Feel free to contact me here or at rondsower@gmail.com.

Ron
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-02-19, 22:22

fishloverRon wrote:Hey Madnes...YOu gonna be able to make it...I hope!
And Cichlid-gal?

I've finally gotten a lot of miscellaneous stuff out of my storage and am sorting it!

I should be making it, not sure if I will have a table, I will let you know.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelman 2013-02-21, 19:10

Tables are starting to fill.. Get them now before space runs out. Any question contact me or fishloverRon. I look foward to seeing you there
Angelman
Angelman

Back to top Go down

Second Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP meet Empty F/S CRS Shrimp-will be at aquarium swap meet

Post  hawaiian opae 2013-02-27, 16:17

I will have CRS shrimp for sale at the aquarium swap meet on March 9th or call for prices to purchase now.
hawaiian opae
hawaiian opae
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-02-27, 16:32

I will be looking around for anyone that might be selling any Rummynose Tetras Smile if you're selling some at the swap, please let me know ahead of time! That would be wonderful! Very Happy
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Post  cuashidor3 2013-02-27, 17:30

Anyone going to be selling marineland led lights?
cuashidor3
cuashidor3
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelman 2013-02-27, 18:53

Seattle Area Aquarium Swap
Kloshe Illahee Clubhouse,
2500 South 370th Street, Federal Way 98003

March 9, 2013

Setup starts at 2:00 pm doors open to the public from 3 – 6 pm
and clean up and out the door at 7:00 pm

Got extra fish? Too much Java Moss? Java Fern growing out of the tank? Sell ‘em! Got an extra tank in the attic or basement? Sell it!

Clean out the extra stuff in your fishroom or closet!
Or just looking for some great people to talk fish with or share some ideas. Then this event is here for you.

You can sell anything “fishy” or hobby related!

Fish, plants, tanks, equipment, books, magazines, foods, decorations, collectibles and more!
Tables are just $5 each. However, space is limited, so sign up early!

For information and registration, contact Ron Sower (aka fishloverRon) - rondsower@gmail.com or 253-468-6445 or Aron Jemison (aka Angelman) - arjemison@hotmail.com or 4257898851

SAAS Swap Meet Rules
1. Admission 1 can good per person over age 10.
2. Payment for table(s) must be made BEFORE seller will be allowed to sell.
3. Admission fee will be waived for sellers – Limit 2 free admissions per table.
4. Sellers must wear nametags for the duration of the Swap Meet so they can be clearly identified.
5. No outside sales by non-registered sellers will be permitted.
6. Sellers must bring their own change, etc. Change will not be available.
7. Each seller may set their own policy as to whether or not they will accept checks, credit cards, etc.
8. No phone hookup for POS devices is available in sales room.
9. Electricity is available, but sellers must bring their own extension cords, multi-outlet strips, etc.
10. SAAS ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY SALES - All transactions are strictly between the seller and the buyer. SAAS is only providing table space and advertising.
11. SAAS reserves the right to refuse table space to anyone.
12. Seller is responsible for collecting any sales tax that may be due.
13. All equipment must be in working order, or be sold clearly labeled as “For Parts Only”
14. Leakers must be labeled as such.
15. NO cracked or dangerous tanks may be sold unless they are packaged in such a way as to render them safe for handling.
16. NO reptiles or amphibians may be sold.
17. No deformed, sick or illegal fish or plants may be sold.
18. Fish must be humanely and properly packaged for sale.
19. These rules are not all-inclusive. The Swap Meet chairs have the Final Authority.
Angelman
Angelman

Back to top Go down

Post  lars on 2013-02-27, 18:59

Im not going to be able to make it either. ): Wanted to get some more plants
lars on
lars on
Contributing Member

http://www.dinkypage.com/54184

Back to top Go down

Post  Spyral 2013-02-27, 19:08

lars on wrote:Im not going to be able to make it either. ): Wanted to get some more plants

Me either...damn.
Spyral
Spyral
Contributing Member

http://www.dinkypage.com/54184

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-02-27, 20:50

Just had an idea, dunno if this was already used last year, but:

In addition to putting name tags, would it also be beneficial to have our wafishbox names as well?

I think it'd be easier for other people to identify others by their wafishbox names first, since that's how we communicate with one another on here =P

just a thought. hehehe...
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Salzabar 2013-02-27, 23:03

[/quote]Me either...damn.[/quote]

LOL......Spyral! Just a "short" drive for you in the vett.
Salzabar
Salzabar

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2013-02-28, 02:00

PokeSephiroth wrote:Just had an idea, dunno if this was already used last year, but:

In addition to putting name tags, would it also be beneficial to have our wafishbox names as well?

I think it'd be easier for other people to identify others by their wafishbox names first, since that's how we communicate with one another on here =P

Great Idea! We can do that!
Ron
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-02-28, 04:07

Wonderful! I'll come with a name tag with my name and online alias. Smile It will be nice putting a face to all your wafishbox names! Smile
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-03-01, 02:11

fishloverRon wrote:
PokeSephiroth wrote:Just had an idea, dunno if this was already used last year, but:

Great Idea! We can do that!
Ron

If we decide to do something a little fancier than just "Hi My Name Is" sticker name tags....
I'm going to come up with a simple Name Tag thinger, for all of us to use, it does require some photo editing, (adding your name and/or Avatar) if you want. But I could also volunteer and work on some of them, then send em your way, all you have to do is just print it out Smile

Here's what I have so far:

This is the sample, pretty self explanatory, it should be easy enough to copy and paste your wafishbox avatar onto the nametag in MS Paint, or some sort of picture editing software. Second Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP meet Wafish10

Here is what mine would look like: Second Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP meet Wafish11

And here is a blank one that you all can edit/print out. You could just print out a blank one, and write your names on the cards, either way Smile Second Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP meet Wafish12

If anyone is incapable of editing the blank one, and would like one, let me know, and I can make one up for you, just shoot me a PM.

OR

If you just want a simple name tag, I s'pose you could just write your name and wafishbox name down on those sticker nametags. LOL... I just figured it'd be cool/neat to have a little WaFishBox nametag of our own, make us more "official" per se. lol!
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2013-03-01, 11:33

Hey Poke...., this looks great! Thanks for the initiative. Can you do one for me?

Ron Sower
aka
Fishlover Ron
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2013-03-01, 13:10

is it fish lover ron? i always figured it was fish love ron... lolz
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2013-03-01, 13:22

Ha! But I did realize I separated the words and they should all run together.

Fishloverron!!

And, yes, they do love me! I treat them well!
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-03-01, 13:28

FishloverRon, did you intentionally want the "space" inbetween Fishlover and Ron on your nametag?? Just wanted to make sure before I put it on there lol =P
Err... I ended up just making two. LOL. pick whichever you fancy the most.

FishloverRon
Second Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP meet Wafish16 - Fishlover Ron

Second Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP meet Wafish17 - FishloverRon
(Click to Enlarge)

Anyone else want one? Just lemme know here, or send me your details in a PM Smile
I would suggest printing them out on Card Stock, or Laminating them, so that they can be used over and over again, for future SAAS events.
Then you can just tape a safety pin on the back, so you can pin it onto your shirt/clothing!
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2013-03-01, 15:20

Who's bringing what to the SWAP?

I'm bringing a bunch of HOB filters and parts, some substrate, miscellaneous plant cuttings, colorful backing for various size tanks, aquarium salt, maybe a 20g tank or 2, and a lot of ''things''! Anyone looking for anything specific? I might have it for you.

I will be looking for a working Fluval Cannister filter, preferrably 300 series or higher. A Rena XP3 would suit me too. And another Evolve8 nano tank or SpecV.

Fishwise, contact me ahead of time if you have any nano-tank appropriate fish.

I will also be looking for some medium sized tetras for a friend's tank, and some clown loaches. Let me know what you have ahead of time, if you would.

Our first SWAP we held on Thanksgiving weekend was a total blast! We had about 70-80 peeps attend from all walks of life. I know of 2 that joined the GSAS because of the presence of many of their members there.

I love the idea of the nametags that Poke... has offered to do for us. They look great!

Texting, calling or emailing is great for me 25three-468-644five rondsower at gmail dot com
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-03-01, 15:26

Great! I'm glad you like them! Smile Hopefully we can get some sort of uniformity with name tags, if anyone is interested. hehe.

I'm currently looking for glass covers for a 10 gallon and 36 gallon bow front tank.

I will also be looking out for any plants and fish that are for sale (namely, Rummynose Tetras, Neons and Cardinals... possibly more Julii Corydoras)

I'm so excited!!! It needs to be March 9th, already!
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2013-03-01, 19:41

Man, this sounds like alot of fun. I wish I could make it, but i will be working up untill the start time, and couldn't get there with any time to sell. Some one please take some photos of what this room looks like with all the fishy goodness.
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-03-01, 19:43

I will see if I can get pictures Smile
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2013-03-01, 20:35

I think Aron has some from the last one.

Aron...? You out there...?
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelman 2013-03-01, 21:46

As requested, pic's from 1st event...

Second Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP meet IMG_0147

Second Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP meet IMG_0148

Second Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP meet IMG_0149

Second Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP meet IMG_0151

Second Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP meet IMG_0153
Angelman
Angelman

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2013-03-01, 22:14

thanks aron!
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-03-01, 22:23

Great pictures Aron!! That's really getting me pumped up for this upcoming Swap!
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2013-03-01, 23:12

thanks for posting the photos
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2013-03-03, 11:53

Is everyone getting ready? I am..! I got more ''stuff'' than I know what to do with and it's going to someone soon! What have you got?

So far I'm hearing shrimp, fish, & plants. Anyone besides me bringing any aquaria? Filters? Tubing? Substrate? Fishfood?

We have 2 LFS that plan to be there this time. Cory from his soon to open Aquarium Co-op in Edmunds, and Jonas from Sierra Pets in Renton. Cory was at our first SWAP in November. The fact that he's coming back now as an official LFS says what he thinks about this meet...! Thanks to both of you for supporting your local hobyists. We Love You for it. Let's all support these guys too!

An Poke... Thanks a lot for creating a nametag we can all identify with. If you can print off a bunch of blank ones we'll have our reception people hand them out. If you want to get a box of blank labels to do that I'll reimburse you.

Let's hear from you out there in the FishBox!

fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-03-03, 13:38

FishloverRon: Oh cool, yeah I think I can print out some for us! Smile
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2013-03-03, 21:40

AHHH! look at all the fish geeks! so many in such a small location. may have to make the trip up there this time. ron already twisted my arm lolz
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-03-03, 23:42

You SHOULD.

Anthraxx, if you go, would you like a nametag? Smile I'll make you oooone!
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2013-03-03, 23:52

Twist, Twist....Crank it! How's that feel, Anthraxx? The pain goes away when you come to the SWAP! Laughing
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-03-04, 00:05

I concur! Smile c'mon, I'm going all the way from Bremerton. If I can do it, you can too! =P LOL.
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2013-03-04, 11:15

I have something going on earlier in the day, but I think I'll be able to make this one.
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2013-03-05, 16:47

We have approximately 11 tables preregistered at this time. INcluded are 2 LFSs, and possibly a 3rd, and a minimum of 2 breeders. So if there is anything specific you are looking for, post it here so they can pack it up and bring it for you.

Many thanks to Aron for posting on CL for us and keeping up the FB page!
Thanks to Brian Oliver for posting on a couple of his forums!
And Poke... for nametagging for us!

BTW We have a few small tables available too!

Ron
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelman 2013-03-05, 17:10

WOW this thing gets bigger and bigger every time we do this. Great to see all the support for this event affraid I guess what Ron is saying here is that we still have room if you are on the fences about getting a table you better just get one. Only 4 days left.
Angelman
Angelman

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-03-05, 17:16

I'm primarily looking for a glass cover for a 36bowfront tank (Aqueon), and possibly some [color:3397=dark red]Rummynose Tetras, and Shrimp Shrimp Shrimp!

I'm also shopping on behalf of Lars On, I will be keeping an eye out for some neat looking plants for her Very Happy

Also, to those who requested nametags, just approach me, and I will be more than happy to hand yours to you! IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO REQUEST NAME TAGS! I will be making them up until Friday night, so feel free to send me your info (Real Name, is all I need) via PM Smile
Here's what they look like:
Second Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP meet Nameta18
Second Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP meet Nameta19
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2013-03-05, 18:22

As the momemtum builds, we are going to have some saltwater fans with tables there! Anyone looking for coral frags?
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-03-05, 21:43

Sticker nametags for people who didn't request a nametag, or for people who are not members of wafishbox, where they can write their own names on, are done! The stickers also have a QR code that, when scanned with a smartphone, will direct them to our forum. The writing says "Join us on WashingtonFishbox! Scan the QRcode to get there!" Smile There's about 100 or so, of the stickers, so we should be good (I hope). Second Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP meet Pict0022 Second Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP meet Pict0023
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-03-05, 22:37

Dude, you are awesome. Going above and beyond, we thank you. Very Happy
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  gobluecichlids 2013-03-05, 22:51

I have a brand new frame top for a 72 gallon bowfront tank. Still in box, make me a reasonable offer if interested. Color is black.
gobluecichlids
gobluecichlids
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-03-05, 22:56

PokeSephiroth wrote:Sticker nametags for people who didn't request a nametag, or for people who are not members of wafishbox, where they can write their own names on, are done! The stickers also have a QR code that, when scanned with a smartphone, will direct them to our forum. The writing says "Join us on WashingtonFishbox! Scan the QRcode to get there!" Smile There's about 100 or so, of the stickers, so we should be good (I hope). Second Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP meet Pict0022 Second Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP meet Pict0023

Your not going to need a name tag Angelo. We've seen your face so much in the last couple days we could point you out of a large crowd. Ha! Very Happy I'm hoping to make it to this swap. Sounds awesome!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-03-06, 00:29

I am so going!
I am gonna have some tanks for sale if anyone wants them feel free to pm me for details.
I will have like 5 tanks and lots of supplies
Open to trade!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next