MorganEA
poffman
CrazedAce
Aquarium Co-Op
fishloverRon
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Aquarium Cartel Swap Meet - FEB 8 - new thread Empty Aquarium Cartel Swap Meet - FEB 8 - new thread

Post  fishloverRon 2014-01-23, 13:26

In 16 days we gather for the 6th in a series of quarterly aquarium swap meets. Interest grows for each meeting. Come join us at this one!

We need people to assist with some of the event happenings.

1. Anyone with a table will benefit by printing the flyer and posting it on bulletin boards where you work, where you shop, nearby schools, and any LFS’s that will allow it. It will help draw people to your table. Everyone else is encouraged to do this too! We can't seem to get the flyer up here on WFB right now, so please email me (rondsower@gmail.com) and I will send it to you direct as an attachment. You also may be able to pull it off the FB page.

2. We need 3 people to help register at the entry table for 1 hour shifts( or more for shorter periods)...1-2, 2-3, & 3-4. It’s easy and requires no special knowledge of fish, etc. Just show people where to sign! Anyone willing to help with promotions and/or assisting at the event (maybe a spouse, partner, or friend that comes with you), please contact me, Ron Sower at 253.468.6445 or rondsower@gmail.com

We need to start the buzz on the Aquarium Cartel Swap Meet Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/AquariumCartel and here on wafishbox. Let's keep this thread going. We have posted on Craigslist and GSAS already. If you aren't already on the Aquarium Cartel email list, please sign up here (http://eepurl.com/GkoAv) to receive notices in the future.  We won't spam.

8 tables are registered currently, and there's room for about 30 total.  We need 22 to make the space rent. Otherwise it's out of my pocket as I promised the Eagles Club.

Aquarium Cartel is the Northwest's premier aquarium swap meet bringing together breeders, importers and local stores to create a one day temporary market.
The Aquarium Cartel Swap Meet is not sponsored by any group or entity.
It’s facilitated by a few and enjoyed by all!
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Aquarium Cartel Swap Meet - FEB 8 - new thread Empty Re: Aquarium Cartel Swap Meet - FEB 8 - new thread

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2014-01-23, 13:29

Aquarium Cartel Swap Meet - FEB 8 - new thread Aquari10
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Aquarium Cartel Swap Meet - FEB 8 - new thread Empty Re: Aquarium Cartel Swap Meet - FEB 8 - new thread

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2014-01-23, 13:32

Shared on Aquarium CO-OPs page and Wafishbox facebook page as well.
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2014-01-23, 13:34

Thanks Aquarium Co-op for getting our flyer up!

Thanks Gigi for developing the flyer!

Shango is moving to the back seat in helping with flyers, etc, and Gigi's moving into the front seat with that chore. We have great helpers!
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2014-01-24, 01:54

I'll be bringing groups of Moscow black guppies, a few plants and maybe my shellie colony (multies). What is anyone else bringing or looking for?
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazedAce 2014-01-24, 02:40

Yay I love new posts about the swap meet! Do you have me down for a table yet, Ron? Here's a list of what I'm bringing:
-Fancy guppy males
-Bristlenose plecos (varying sizes)
-Pundamilia nyererei "Python Island" males
-Labidochromis caeruleus "Electric Yellow Lab" fry

I may also bring a Neolamprologus brevis "Sunspot brevis" if anyone is interested in it. I brought the whole colony of them last time and all but one died from the stress. I may also be able to catch some red cherry shrimp to bring, though I put all 100 of them into my 55gal...

Here are some things I'm looking for:
-Small pre-soaked aquarium wood, biofilm a plus! Anything eye catchy.
-"Cool" rocks to decorate my African tanks
-Pleco caves, preferably D shaped but anything that they can breed in works for me!
-Otocinclus group (fry would work)

Getting late, that's all I can think of at the moment.
CrazedAce
CrazedAce
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2014-01-24, 11:06

CrazedAce wrote:Yay I love new posts about the swap meet! Do you have me down for a table yet, Ron?

You bet!

Which color guppies?
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazedAce 2014-01-24, 11:13

The majority of them have an orange tail and a black tuxedo body.
CrazedAce
CrazedAce
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2014-01-24, 11:17

Nice!
Did you print the flyer to take around to some places to post? It'll help draw people in to the meet and, thus, by your table.
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  poffman 2014-01-24, 11:40

CrazedAce wrote:I may also be able to catch some red cherry shrimp to bring, though I put all 100 of them into my 55gal...

I should be ready for some shrimp by then Smile Any pictures? If not I can meet up with you later for some!!
poffman
poffman
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2014-01-24, 19:53

Gigi is bringing Gigi's Wonderfood for fish&shrimp, *rare* natural healing leaves and bark, lighting, aquarium decor and probably a few other odd and ends!

I'm interested in the lighting!
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2014-01-24, 20:55

Does someone want to share their table? I have a 40gal acrylic that I really want out of my house!
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  swamp-rat 2014-01-25, 04:24

I'm bringing:
1) BiOrb complete tank/accessories
2) large box of extra test kits
3) CocoBark reptile bedding
4) possibly an Emperor 400 and Penguin 330 filter with LOTS of extra media....still unsure if I'm going to put these back on the 90 gal as I'm liking the silence of the XP4...
5) Dwarf Sag
6) Endler's trio
7) Enormous lava rock with 3 holes
Aquarium Cartel Swap Meet - FEB 8 - new thread 62755_431238811253_5728967_n
Cool TX Holey rock on left of this pic:
Aquarium Cartel Swap Meet - FEB 8 - new thread 12292_333635251253_6425684_n
9) Daphnia magna starters
10) SW algae, multiple forms
11) Maybe, if you can pry it from my hands, a 5 gallon Metaframe...though I've got a tank limit so I can't technically use it...
12) Ron, do I have your permission to sell some of this leftover gravel?
13) whatever else I scrounge up, possibly a pair of handmade Neon Tetra earrings

Looking for:
1) Anyone on this list: pinterest.com/irshprncsk/new-90-gallon-tank-plan/  or this one: pinterest.com/irshprncsk/10-gallon/
2) another sponge filter intake cover (saw these there last time)
3) ???
swamp-rat
swamp-rat
FishBox Regular

http://www.etsy.com/shop/FuzzbunYarn?ref=pr_shop

Back to top Go down

Post  Livebearer 2014-01-28, 09:01

Hey all,
Livebearer here, I will be bringing some tanks to the table,
One 33 long tank, holds water fine,,with 2 new 24" glass lids (tank has center brace), one almost new 48" 2 bulb t-8 fixture with 2 new t-8 bulbs, {one daylighter, one cool white}, good for plants, not algee!! An H. O. B. 30 filter made by Whisper second nature (with new filter inserts),,, an oldie, but a goodie you won't find in any pet store good for 30 gallons, just needs a 125watt heater to be complete.

A 40 gallon breeder w/screen top,,, good for turtle's or a planted rimless tank or???

A 14 gallon high with original box, heater (50 watt), natural background cover, U.G. filters, light, cover.

As for fish, I'll have the following;
Crowntail betta's,,,F-1s  Bred in San Fransico by an Asian breeder I bought from in November 2013.
All are 3 mos. old, blue/green and really nice! 3/4",,, You won't find these in any pet store,,,, and were imports of parents from Tiawan.
I'll have 6 available.

My Red rainbow guppies
4 spot Merrywidows 1 pair available,,,a livebearer from Costa Rica (rare here in the U.S.)
Tiger sp. variety> limia>>> two pair,, from Haiti (Same as above) All fish are easy keepers in Seattle Tap water
And the rest is,,, You'll have to show up to see.
I'll be in the booth with the RED cover on the table. Hope to see you all there Fishboxers!!!

Last edited by Livebearer on 2014-01-28, 20:52; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : edit to fit)
Livebearer
Livebearer

Back to top Go down

Post  Candyman206 2014-01-28, 11:44

Is that aqueon 33 long?
Candyman206
Candyman206
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Pneumostome 2014-01-28, 17:26

I'll be at the swap meet with Gigi's Wonderfood and rare natural healing leaves and barks.

For folks new to the swap meet, being a vendor is a lot of fun! It's great meeting people in person and it's a great selling opportunity. I've been very successful and always go home with less than I come with.

There is a great variety and some really cool stuff. Lots of different fish, shrimp and plants plus a ton of dry goods too! If you need a gently used tank or some awesome decor for your tank, this is the place to be.

At $10 with the table provided, it's very inexpensive to become involved!
Pneumostome
Pneumostome
Fry

http://www.natureinvinicble.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2014-01-28, 18:31

Cant wait for what y'all got to sell.  bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce 

Back to top Go down

Post  Livebearer 2014-01-31, 03:19

Candyman206,
I think it's an All-glass manufactured one, need to check though.
Livebearer
Livebearer

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelman 2014-02-05, 19:28

Updated list of items we are bringing to the swap

Alder Cones
Breeder Nets
Medicated Flake (8 oz)
K1 Media
How 2 DVD's
Dime (5) blues
Dime (5) Koi
Quarter Koi
Adults
Blue breeding pair (maybe ???)
Kribs pair
Psammachromis Riponinas
Shellies 6
Pumps/syphons
rearing 1 gallon Jars
Paint Ball C02 system w/ buble counter
Auto Feeders
large HOB
10 Gallon HOB
Filter media
and more.........

what are you bringing? Hope to see you all there.......
Angelman
Angelman

http://p4angels.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2014-02-05, 19:49

Co2 system? Pm me for the price. Thanks Aaron.

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2014-02-05, 22:59

The Co-Op is attending!
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiisai 2014-02-05, 23:39

Its always on a Saturday isnt it? Maybe some day when I get a different job or new schedule.
Chiisai
Chiisai

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2014-02-06, 01:22

Aquarium Co-Op wrote:The Co-Op is attending!
Great news!
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2014-02-06, 01:30

Many thanks to those that are helping get the word out..!
Below are the people that are taking tables up to this point. There are still a few left if you want one.

Aron & Lori Jemison
Ron Sower
Shango/Gigi
Tanya
Mark Dorward
CrazedAce
Sherry W.
Kat Hensch
Phil Lacefield
Justin Warnock
Jesse Morrison
Alex Wise
Graham - Lamental Jester
Carl Lawrence (maybe)
Cory McElroy - Aq. Co-op
Morgan Anderson
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2014-02-06, 01:31

Do I need to bring a table or is one provided Ron?

Thanks.
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazedAce 2014-02-06, 01:42

Cory, there is a $10/table fee, but they are provided.
CrazedAce
CrazedAce
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2014-02-06, 01:54

Thanks Crazed!
There will be a table and a chair or 2 for each. They are already set up around the perimeter of the room, end to end, with 3-4 down the center. Loading in is at ground level. I will bring my 2-wheel dolly.
I will have my table next to the entry so I can work with the registration table and man my table. Everyone will choose their tables as they arrive. I don't think any one table has a more advantageous position than another.
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Livebearer 2014-02-06, 06:03

Due to unforseen circumstances I won't be attending this swap....but tanks will still be available, will list in the for sale section of this board soon. Have fun all!
Livebearer
Livebearer

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2014-02-06, 12:58

Not sure what all I'm bringing yet. But so far. A cooler full of frozen food. Will use dry ice to keep it frozen.

All Hikari
Bloodworm Cubes $4 or case of 12 for $36
Jumbo Bloodworm Cubes $4 or case of 12 for $36
Brine Shrimp cubes $4 or case of 12 for $36
Baby brine shrimp cubes $5
Spirunlina Brine Shrimp $5 or a case for $48
Daphnia Cubes $4 or case of 12 for $36

Also considering bringing down lots of Finnex lights.

Any requests?
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  swamp-rat 2014-02-06, 15:05

My pinnatifida melted, if you have any.
swamp-rat
swamp-rat
FishBox Regular

http://www.etsy.com/shop/FuzzbunYarn?ref=pr_shop

Back to top Go down

Post  zach_discus 2014-02-06, 15:59

Sent a pm would like a table. Need to clear out the garage a bit Smile
zach_discus
zach_discus
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2014-02-06, 16:33

Pm'd you back. Come on Down!!

Hey Cory... I'm interested in Finnex lights. 24" and of course good for plant growth.
You really should bring one of the lights that pops the red in the fish...it's really impressive!
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazedAce 2014-02-06, 20:48

So here's my updated list:
-25x Pundamilia nyererei "Python Island" males 2.5+"
-20x Pundamilia nyererei "Python Island" females 2.5+"
-2x F1 Labidichromis Caeruleus "Yellow Lab" females 3.5"
-1x Labidichromis Caeruleus "Yellow Lab" female 3"
-1x Oscar 8"
-100x Bristlenose Ancistrus Plecos .25+"
-10-15x fancy guppy males
-1x Sunspot Brevis 1.5"
-20+ Cherry red shrimp .25+"

-45gal-55gal acrylic tank with filter/light
-29gal tank
-2x 10gal tank

I may not bring all the tanks, it just depends on if I can fit them in the car.
CrazedAce
CrazedAce
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-02-06, 22:37

Crazed Ace I'm hoping to grab a Bristle Nose or 2 while I'm down there. Are they albino or natural? I prefer the latter.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazedAce 2014-02-07, 01:12

They are whatever I can catch. There are probably more common colored ones though.
CrazedAce
CrazedAce
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  VernalPond 2014-02-07, 12:53

Gigi and I are also bringing our new artisan-made fish caves.  Look at these things!  Each is hand built from terra cotta by a professional ceramicist here on Vashon Island.  The quality is so much more than you'd find from imported slip cast ceramic or molded plastic. Gigi designed them from the best caves we have seen over the years plus we added some unique design upgrades that are all new.  Each one is signed by the artist on the bottom.

Style #1  Two Piece Cave Spawner with Removable Roof  - $25 at the swap meet only.  Priced higher online and at retail.

Those of us who keep fish who breed in caves knows how difficult it can be to know what is going on inside the cave without picking up the cave itself and disturbing what we are trying to do.  Gigi has designed these caves with a removable lid so you can pop it off to observe if there are eggs/fry inside but then swiftly and harmlessly put the lid back on.  If you raise ceiling egg layers like Cichlids, this is a no brainer to have.

Aquarium Cartel Swap Meet - FEB 8 - new thread Twopie10
Aquarium Cartel Swap Meet - FEB 8 - new thread Twopie11

Style #2  Cave with Plant Anchors - $20 at the swap meet only.  Priced higher online and at retail.

We love the natural look aquarium as you know and we were often frustrated that most caves are so smooth that one cannot attach plants.  Gigi decided to design plant anchors right onto the cave for you to tie to. It provides some camouflage to help relax the fish, creates rooftop cover for young fish just out of the cave, and also makes a home for infusoria close to the cave mouth for future fry eating.  Such a win!

Aquarium Cartel Swap Meet - FEB 8 - new thread Knobca10

Style #3  Pleco Cave  - $10 at the swap meet only.  Priced higher online and at retail.

Most pleco caves look either mass produced or in geometric shapes that don't look naturally occurring.  Gigi had these pleco caves lovingly made in organic forms so they blend into your tank more.

Aquarium Cartel Swap Meet - FEB 8 - new thread Medium10

Very limited availability.  Each is hand made.  No holds.  Make us your first stop when you arrive!

We will also have shrimp t-shirts, Gigi's Wonderfood, healing leaves and barks and other fabulous items.  See you tomorrow!
VernalPond
VernalPond
Fry

http://www.NatureInvincible.com

Back to top Go down

Post  zach_discus 2014-02-07, 14:18

I'm bringing several tanks:
3 20 talls $15 each
Oceanic 42 Stretch Hex $40
42 Glass Hex $25
29 tall $20
40 tall $25

Couple boxes of misc Fish stuff Free to $5 items

Some random HOBs Wispers and Aquaclears

Drift wood some are large show pieces

Last edited by zach_discus on 2014-02-08, 02:47; edited 1 time in total
zach_discus
zach_discus
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  poffman 2014-02-07, 16:18

poffman
poffman
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  VernalPond 2014-02-07, 16:52

It is so great that the peper chose to print it. Gigi sent them the press release. That should help turnout tomorrow for sure! Thanks for pointing it out Will!
VernalPond
VernalPond
Fry

http://www.NatureInvincible.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2014-02-07, 17:42

Thanks to all for promoting this even in your own special ways. The table count is still shy of 22, but the show will go on!  Just had another person call me to get a table.  If anyone out there at the last minute would like to get one for $10, please call me by 9pm.

I just finished bagging 28 bags of plants. I started late yesterday morning!
Tiger lotus
Baby's tears
taiwan water lily
Willow hygro
Amazon sword
Stargrass
Cryptocoryn wendetii
Red root floater
Java fern
Anubias (small form)
Hydrocotyl tripartite
Giant vallisneria

See you there!!!!  I'm jazzed to see all of you again!
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2014-02-07, 18:10

Looks to be an awesome event this time. Though I wont have a table, I may have a couple free samples of Southern Delight food. If your interested in some samples or purchasing the food find me, or ask around for me. If I dont have any more, I can point you in the right direction.

Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Livebearer 2014-02-07, 23:14

Too cool Madness,
Sorry I wont be there though.
All of my livebearers LOVE this stuff!!!
your just too nice
Livebearer
Livebearer

Back to top Go down

Post  KaraWolf 2014-02-08, 00:24

Anyone need Java moss and don't mind if its covered in algae and maybe snail eggs? Keep telling myself to trim it but I'm lazy and don't want to trash it.
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-02-08, 00:46

All press is good press. I'm driving down! It's a road trip baby! See you guys tomorrow. It will be nice to meet some Fishboxers!

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-02-08, 01:07

Oh, could somebody post the address?

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelman 2014-02-08, 01:13

Aquarium Cartel Swap Meet - FEB 8 - new thread Aquari10
Angelman
Angelman

http://p4angels.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-02-08, 01:31

Thanx

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  Jubs 2014-02-08, 03:35

I'm on the list not exactly sure what all I'll have for sure but

I will be making up some fresh decapsulated HATCHING brine shrimp eggs in the morning

Some F1 pairs of Pelvicachromis taeniatus "Moliwe"

Some Red wag platies

Some guppies

Possibly some red rili shrimp

Java ferns on black lava rock

Maybe some Anubias on rocks

Bulk natural gravel (new never used)

Some other plants and misc things

Jubs
Jubs
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2014-02-08, 19:11

I had a great day at the swap! Thank you Ron for organizing these events, and thank you Angelman for the new angel fish we had a great time sitting next to you guys.
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazedAce 2014-02-08, 21:49

I agree with Morgan. Thank you Ron for organizing all this! And thank you Angelman for the angels!

I brought about 50-60 plecos this time and sold all but 1! I unfortunately didn't have enough time to prepare the Africans for the journey. I felt like I didn't have much at all this time, though I hope everyone enjoyed my bucket raised display tank! Very Happy
CrazedAce
CrazedAce
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next