A line of Cherry shrimp I'm working with.

3 posters

Go down

A line of Cherry shrimp I'm working with. Empty A line of Cherry shrimp I'm working with.

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2012-12-09, 23:15

Just thought I'd show some more pics from the fish room of Aquarium Co-Op.

Pic of Momma cherry shrimp
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Pic of babies feeding
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

A line of Cherry shrimp I'm working with. Empty Re: A line of Cherry shrimp I'm working with.

Post  pbmax 2012-12-11, 00:45

Nice coloration on the female! I have some like that, but they're hit and miss. Good luck fixing the color Smile
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

A line of Cherry shrimp I'm working with. Empty Re: A line of Cherry shrimp I'm working with.

Post  hobbyorobsession 2012-12-11, 11:58

With a general strain of cherry shrimp your not going to get that fire red solid color out of every shrimp. This is normal and most males are more clear in appearance. I don't cull or selectivly breed for color. They still sell just fine like that for someones starter shrimp. easier to sell more $1 -$2 shrimp than explain to someone that that little red one is $5. For retail volume is key. good luck with your shrimp Cory
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2012-12-11, 12:32

I don't have the patience or the tank space to try beefing up my RCS colors. They're good enough for me. Smile But I always enjoy reading about shrimp breeding projects.
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down