tayntdawg
DMD123
Zerc
Madness
fishloverRon
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Swap meet in Federal Way anyone? - Page 2 Empty Re: Swap meet in Federal Way anyone?

Post  JimA 2012-11-25, 10:54

fishloverRon wrote:Hi All,

I'm echoing the same as Aron wrote. I really appreciate all you fishboxers showing up and helping make this event fun and social as well as trading and selling and buying stuff. There was a bunch of stuff given away too.

Aron and I would like to have serious feedback from you folks!

BTW... While Linda and I went across the street from our house to have dinner with a neighbor at 6 tonight, we had another neighbor come beat on their window shouting at us that our house was on fire! Sure enough it was the kitchen....I had placed a tote with stuff from the meet on the stove and must have pushed it against the knob and turned on an eye. I got the dog out first then used the fire extinguisher and one of the neighbors', and got the fire out prior to the fire fighters arriving. The stove and a section of the kitchen was toasted. And there is ash and dust all over the house. If the neighbor had been on time to visit their friends, Linda and I would not have a house now. The dog is fine and I think the fish are too. I'll know more about them tomorow. We're staying at our daughter's tonight.

Anyway, 3 great things happened today 1) We had a great swap meet, 2) We still have our home and, 3) We're still upright and taking solid nourishment!

Tanks and our best to all,
Ron

Holy cow was not expecting to read that here Shocked Good to hear nothing major was lost and everyone is safe and the house survied, nice job on gettng the fire out!! And way to stay positive through all this.

JimA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Swap meet in Federal Way anyone? - Page 2 Empty Re: Swap meet in Federal Way anyone?

Post  Seattle_Aquarist 2012-11-25, 11:51

Hi Ron,

The Swap was fun with a nice mix of GSAS and WA Fishbox folks!

I am really sorry to learn about the fire and I'm glad that it wasn't any worse than it was. If there is anything I can do to help let me know.

Thanks,
-Roy
Seattle_Aquarist
Seattle_Aquarist
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2012-11-25, 12:40

I was out of town and could not make it but Im glad it went so well. I guess I will have to save up goodies for the next one.

Ron, sorry to hear about the fire, but Im glad everyone is safe.

Last edited by DMD123 on 2012-11-25, 19:35; edited 1 time in total
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2012-11-25, 12:48

DMD123 wrote:
Betty, sorry to hear about the fire, but Im glad everyone is safe.
No fire here, thank goodness! But Ron, really sorry to hear you had to go through that -- how scary!

I wasn't able to make this swap meet either, but hopefully the timing of the next one will work out. I'm glad it went well.
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2012-11-25, 19:27

It was a great time, with some good people. Nice to have met Ron, Angelman, Roy, and Naso, and see others that I haven't seen in a while, nice seeing you again Cory. How many of you pictured Naso as being a very articulate and intelligent 15 year old? Not me. Suspect See if you all can make it to the next one, we all can finally put faces to names. Smile

I had a great time Ron, and am looking forward to the next one.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2012-11-25, 19:31

Betty wrote:
DMD123 wrote:
Betty, sorry to hear about the fire, but Im glad everyone is safe.
No fire here, thank goodness! But Ron, really sorry to hear you had to go through that -- how scary!

I wasn't able to make this swap meet either, but hopefully the timing of the next one will work out. I'm glad it went well.

Rolling Eyes I meant Ron. Sorry Betty, brain was not engaged while typing.

I just figured it out.... I had been looking at the new avatars, and Ron's almost looks like Betty's old one. Cant change the avatars on us like that! LMFAO

Last edited by DMD123 on 2012-11-25, 19:37; edited 1 time in total
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2012-11-25, 19:32

I can't wait for the next one either! My new protein skimmer is working overtime Razz this 24 gallon nano has never had one on it Razz
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2012-11-25, 19:34

And include me in Ron, I have a bad back but can still lend a hand if you need one. Just let me know. Smile
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2012-11-26, 00:43

Really good to hear the positive feeback folks...! Aron and I will stay open to comments and ideas from you.

Regarding the fire. Thank "all y'all" for your kind thoughts and well-wishes. Farmers Ins. is putting us up in Extended Stay here in Fed Way for the next few days.

So far, our fish are doing fine. Since we turned down the temp thermostat I have a couple without heaters and the temp has dropped. I put heaters on them awhile ago and I'm going to check on them again before I call it a night! Don't want to freeze them and I also don't want to boil them!

Tanks all.....FLR
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2