KaraWolf
cichlid-gal
Madness
earthfish
BillHN
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SWAP meet in Federal Way, Whose going? Empty SWAP meet in Federal Way, Whose going?

Post  BillHN 2013-08-19, 00:06

I know I am... gonna bring a whole bunch of stuff too!

just an FYI.

If you are new to fishbox, or new to fish stuffs or a lurker :]

You should definitely come!!!!!

It's a good way to meet more fish hobbyists! 

And a great way to get started if you're a newer hobbyist!

Last edited by BillHN on 2013-09-11, 03:43; edited 1 time in total
BillHN
BillHN
Lifetime Member

https://www.facebook.com/billhn

Back to top Go down

SWAP meet in Federal Way, Whose going? Empty Re: SWAP meet in Federal Way, Whose going?

Post  earthfish 2013-08-19, 01:22

Im going alot of stuff will trail me to
earthfish
earthfish
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

SWAP meet in Federal Way, Whose going? Empty Re: SWAP meet in Federal Way, Whose going?

Post  Madness 2013-08-19, 03:11

I will be there for a little while at the beginning. I wanted to set up a table but forgot that it is on the same day and at the same time as my classes end of 1st year BBQ. Sad So I will just be visiting.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-08-19, 09:21

Wish we could come but its a weekday and John is working and can't get the extra time off (the drive over the pass). Maybe the next one for us...we keep hoping. Sorry to miss it...dang.
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KaraWolf 2013-08-19, 12:22

Planning on coming though I don't have anything to bring. We will see if other plans get in the way
Assuming its the September 14th one and I'm not missing anything.
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-08-19, 12:31

cichlid-gal wrote:Wish we could come but its a weekday and John is working and can't get the extra time off (the drive over the pass).  Maybe the next one for us...we keep hoping.  Sorry to miss it...dang.
Its on a Saturday. Smile
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamental Jester 2013-08-19, 13:00

Duh!  Of course I'll be there!

Uh oh, is it time for another GIF to demonstrate my excitement for an upcoming fish event?  I THINK SO!
SWAP meet in Federal Way, Whose going? Open-uri20120513-7-ob1ret_zpsda075a44
Lamental Jester
Lamental Jester
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelman 2013-08-19, 13:27

yup ill be there
Angelman
Angelman

http://p4angels.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nick_76 2013-08-19, 23:31

ill be there, bringing some stuff....I don't have a table, so maybe ill go low tech and lay out a moving blanket...
nick_76
nick_76

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-08-20, 00:59

Im going too. Just to see whats there and meet new ppl that are in the hobby that im excited about.

Back to top Go down

Post  nick_76 2013-08-20, 01:15

I picked up a lot of good stuff last time....since then ive cracked the tank I had been setting up at the time, but set up 4 others (2 discus, 2 salt) and have had up to 6 including quarantines running in two different cities (federal way and seattle)

needless to say, ive accumulated a bit of extra gear in the short while that I need to sell so I can buy more fish stuff!
nick_76
nick_76

Back to top Go down

Post  Gryphon 2013-08-20, 11:57

Even though this is right in my neighborhood, I'm gonna be at Oceans By Design for the BBQ there XD
Gryphon
Gryphon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  earthfish 2013-08-20, 12:50

Gryphon wrote:Even though this is right in my neighborhood, I'm gonna be at Oceans By Design for the BBQ there XD
Betrayel! lol
earthfish
earthfish
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamental Jester 2013-08-20, 15:46

Gryphon wrote:Even though this is right in my neighborhood, I'm gonna be at Oceans By Design for the BBQ there XD
JUDAS!!!!!!
Lamental Jester
Lamental Jester
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-08-20, 17:45

Lamental Jester wrote:
JUDAS!!!!!!
scratch haha haha  I dont know if it is that bad, but close. LMFAO LMFAO 
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  nick_76 2013-08-20, 21:02

wait, as far as I know, the swap is on sept 14th and the bbq is this weekend....

id go to the bbq except a.) im vegan and b.) Tacoma maritime festival is that same day.

I can support OBD any day but the maritime festival? a guys gotta have priorities!!
nick_76
nick_76

Back to top Go down

Post  Gryphon 2013-08-21, 01:12

lol is it the 14th? If so then I get to go both!
Gryphon
Gryphon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazedAce 2013-08-21, 02:32

I want to go!
CrazedAce
CrazedAce
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  BillHN 2013-08-21, 06:36

Yea it'll be on the 14th! :]

I have a whole shebang of stuff I may be bringing..... (cause my significant other wants more closet space) XD
BillHN
BillHN
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-08-21, 09:25

Angelman wrote:yup ill be there

Hey Angelman,
Are you bringing some Angels?! If so, what types are you bringing? I'm in the market for 3-4 & maybe coming to this event.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-08-21, 09:28

SiRWesDragon wrote:Im going too. Just to see whats there and meet new ppl that are in the hobby that im excited about.
If I make this event Wes I will bring MTS. Not 100% sure I will be there though so wear a name tag Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamental Jester 2013-08-21, 12:57

@theChad: Now make sure you bring enough for the whole group Very Happy
Lamental Jester
Lamental Jester
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  anderson_p_r 2013-08-21, 14:14

I should be able to attend, won't have much to bring but I'll be curious to see what all is offered.
anderson_p_r
anderson_p_r

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-08-21, 15:42

Lamental Jester wrote:@theChad:  Now make sure you bring enough for the whole group Very Happy
Yeah, got many crawling all over my 140. I seen a huge MTS about the size of my pinky to the 1st knuckle in the tank yesterday. Wasn't aware they got that big! Then another one was FLOATING hanging on the UNDERSIDE of the water skins surface. Was quite comical if u ask me!

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamental Jester 2013-08-21, 15:54

Well if you bring, I'll buy!
Lamental Jester
Lamental Jester
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Gryphon 2013-08-21, 16:49

I'm thinking of bringing my Dwarf Rainbow fish for trade, I'm thinking about doing something different in that tank.
Gryphon
Gryphon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazedAce 2013-08-21, 17:04

Can anyone post the guidelines for the swap meet? How will everything be setup? Prebag all fish/plants/etc? I'll probably just bag everything I want to bring and stick them in buckets or empty 10gals that I want to trade, would this be wise?
CrazedAce
CrazedAce
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nick_76 2013-08-21, 23:03

im bringing hardware, so I cant help there...

went through a trial period going through *lots* of configurations so I have quite a bit of salt stuff that's just barely broken in...
nick_76
nick_76

Back to top Go down

Post  Gryphon 2013-08-22, 00:32

I'll probably bring my 55g set up that has been sitting in storage since I bought it off Spyral XD
Gryphon
Gryphon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nick_76 2013-08-22, 00:44

ill be looking for an eheim canister filter
nick_76
nick_76

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelman 2013-08-22, 00:44

Sorry I don't have any that are old enough to bring... just had 5 breeders spawn in the last couple days. Sold off/traded my entire stock of 1/2 dollar stock. Might have a breeding pair to sell? if any one is interested.
Angelman
Angelman

http://p4angels.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFishPimp 2013-08-25, 16:50

pardon my ignorance but where is this swap n save shindig take place

TFP

TheFishPimp
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KaraWolf 2013-08-25, 17:04

Here's the original thread: http://www.wafishbox.com/t7746-seattle-aquarium-swap?highlight=seattle so alll the details may be found punk Smile
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazedAce 2013-08-25, 18:54

KaraWolf wrote:Here's the original thread: http://www.wafishbox.com/t7746-seattle-aquarium-swap?highlight=seattle so alll the details may be found punk Smile
Awesome, thank you for posting this. Very Happy
CrazedAce
CrazedAce
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KaraWolf 2013-08-25, 21:23

Nooooo problem!! lol I keep looking it up/losing it and then wondering why someone hasn't linked it yet lol
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-08-30, 03:59

theChad wrote:
SiRWesDragon wrote:Im going too. Just to see whats there and meet new ppl that are in the hobby that im excited about.
If I make this event Wes I will bring MTS. Not 100% sure I will be there though so wear a name tag Wink
That would be sweet if ya did. But if not. Next time bro. Next time. Lol.
I will be bringing extra large aquarium rocks, air pump, lights, and misc fish supplies.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gryphon 2013-09-08, 17:25

I'll be there for a couple hours, but Ohio State's game starts at four and I will will be home to watch that!
Gryphon
Gryphon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  BillHN 2013-09-09, 02:05

CrazedAce wrote:Can anyone post the guidelines for the swap meet? How will everything be setup? Prebag all fish/plants/etc? I'll probably just bag everything I want to bring and stick them in buckets or empty 10gals that I want to trade, would this be wise?
You may wanna hash it out with pat on storage space in the respective cars, We'll see how we can fit everything once we meet up. 

Also be sure the fish can survive in said bagging for quite a bit o time, and are comfortable .-. 

That and you may wanna bring a cooler to put them in, cause it may get a bit warm.

That being said, you want some wood? I can get yah first dibs on what yah see at my place.
BillHN
BillHN
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazedAce 2013-09-09, 03:23

BillHN wrote:
CrazedAce wrote:Can anyone post the guidelines for the swap meet? How will everything be setup? Prebag all fish/plants/etc? I'll probably just bag everything I want to bring and stick them in buckets or empty 10gals that I want to trade, would this be wise?
You may wanna hash it out with pat on storage space in the respective cars, We'll see how we can fit everything once we meet up. 

Also be sure the fish can survive in said bagging for quite a bit o time, and are comfortable .-. 

That and you may wanna bring a cooler to put them in, cause it may get a bit warm.

That being said, you want some wood? I can get yah first dibs on what yah see at my place.
My wife has an interest in going now so we are going to take one of our cars after all. Thank you for offering to help Billy and Pat. Very Happy

I am most certainly interested in wood. What type of wood and what shapes? I need some stuff for my bristlenose plecos to chew on.
CrazedAce
CrazedAce
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Spyral 2013-09-09, 07:56

Gryphon wrote:I'll probably bring my 55g set up that has been sitting in storage since I bought it off Spyral XD
You haven't set that up yet? haha
Spyral
Spyral
Contributing Member

http://www.dinkypage.com/54184

Back to top Go down

Post  Gryphon 2013-09-09, 09:57

Sadly I never got the chance! Shortly after I got it from you I moved in with my In-laws while my wife and daughter spent 6 months in Ohio. They wouldn't let me set it up, and I finally got moved out of there about 4 months ago. I didn't get the chance to set it up here either thanks to the killer deal I got on a full set up 90g SW tank.
Gryphon
Gryphon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  BillHN 2013-09-11, 03:44

Just an fyi guys, if you're new to the forums or fish hobby, you should definitely go! It's a good way to get good advice, and GOOD STUFF FOR DIRT CHEAP!
BillHN
BillHN
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-09-14, 22:46

Nice seeing you all. It was fun. I'll definitely go to the next swap but to see things and not try to sell. Lol.
Hope next swap is soon and not near any events like Puyallup fair and sports game day of.
Hope someone brings african cichlids. Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2013-09-15, 01:11

Good Swap meet today folks! It was good to see all the wafishboxers & GSASers at the SAASwap Meet today. I noticed a lot of fish geeks leaving carrying stuff with them! It’s a great way to move out your extra livestock and your extra paraphernalia and acquire new livestock and new paraphernalia! I saw beautiful shrimp, fish, plants, aquaria and…. What have I left out??

And there was a lot of cross-chatting going on. I really hope that people got a lot of good information from each other with all the collective experience that was on that tennis court today.
I also noticed that there were a bunch of new faces, and many returning ones. We just keep spreading the love of the hobby.

Thanks to all for helping clean up and carrying the heavy stuff for me…..Those would be Billy, Ly, Wes, Shango, Gigi, Tanya, & Graham. I sure hope I didn’t leave anyone out. If I did please raise you hand and let me know, cause I've had a really busy 2 weeks and was pretty tired!

My best to all,
FishloverRon
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-09-15, 01:24

It was very nice seeing you all, and to me it looked like a great turnout. It was very nice meeting Gigi, Shango, Nick, gnats, and BSing with LJ. (thanks for the awesome pieces of wood).

Hopefully the next one I will have time to stay the entire time and/or able to set up a table.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Gryphon 2013-09-15, 01:57

Did it pick up any after we left? I would have liked to have stayed longer than we did but sadly had other shopping to get done before my game today (OSU Stomped CAL WOOOOOT!)
Gryphon
Gryphon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KaraWolf 2013-09-15, 02:13

Awesome meet up XDD Came away with more then I expected but found some irristably cool stuff too and should have bought some other stuff now that I'm home and remembering future tank plans HAHAHA next time then XP Great meeting everyone even if I don't remember everyone I talked to...was a tad bit weird talking to people who don't think I'm crazy >: D

Last edited by KaraWolf on 2013-09-15, 02:20; edited 1 time in total
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazedAce 2013-09-15, 02:19

It was nice meeting a lot of you for the first time, and good to see familiar faces I haven't seen for a while. I went there with two coolers full of fish and left with my poor poor convicts that no one wanted. Definitely some great deals going on there, mixed with great people and great weather, I am eagerly awaiting the next swap or auction.

I would have helped you move some stuff, Ron, but my wife was anxious to get out and go to the fair... Until we found out the price of it!!! We ended up heading home, and she made me move 4 tanks into the other room so she could test out the new shampooer that came today. Just got done setting everyone back up and happy to scape a bunch of tanks tomorrow with what I got today!!!
CrazedAce
CrazedAce
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  BillHN 2013-09-15, 18:42

That was FUN
BillHN
BillHN
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nick_76 2013-09-15, 21:02

the last one was a bit better I think, but this time seemed to have too many competing events going on, and weather wasn't conducive to bringing people out....
still, it was fun, and yea ill be there the next time!
nick_76
nick_76

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next