Drd62
gobluecichlids
finsandfeathers
Madness
11 posters

Go down

Cichlid club Empty Cichlid club

Post  Madness 2012-08-04, 20:30

Hey everyone, Thursday evening we had our 2nd Cichlid Club meeting. This meeting was held at Mels place. The next meeting is tentatively scheduled for Sept 20th, @ 7p.m. All Cichlid enthusiasts are welcome. Some of the individuals that have attended are; Kevin (from APFP), DRD, Aaron feeney, myself, Mel Omarra, fishnVW, aclockworkorangecame up from Portland to attend this last meeting, Chevylife, and a few other hobbyists. If you are a member of fishbox, I apologize for not mentioning your handle.

The meeting will last 2 hours, but drags on a bit longer for some. Smile We cover anything new that has come up, we have discussed breeding methods, introducing new tank mates, how to deal with a bully in the tank, community aquariums, water conditions.

If there is anything that you would like to discuss or have always had questions about, please plan on attending. There will be several very qualified and experienced Cichlid keepers there for you to bounce anything off of.

Any questions or comments, please feel free to ask away. We have a month and a half to prepare for this next meeting. Very Happy

As we draw closer to the date I will bump this thread, to get a good head count as to how many will be attending. Feel free to add your name, questions, whatever to the list now if you like.

Thanks
Madness
Shawn
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Cichlid club Empty Re: Cichlid club

Post  finsandfeathers 2012-08-04, 21:10

Hope I can plan a trip up sometime around one of your meetings, love to talk cichlids!!!

finsandfeathers
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  gobluecichlids 2012-08-05, 01:27

Where's mel's place at?
gobluecichlids
gobluecichlids
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2012-08-05, 02:06

North Seattle
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Drd62 2012-08-11, 14:39

madness wrote:North Seattle

It was a good time and like Madness said, the members talked about several topics relating only to Cichlids.
Drd62
Drd62
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  bassetman 2012-08-12, 03:47

I wish I could attend a meeting, I do not think Pomeroy has any other cichlid keepers at all, much less any other keepers of Rift fish. I hope to sell some fry locally, maybe in a few years Pomeroy will be cichlid central...the water is great for rift fish right out of the tap, once you deal with the chlorine.
bassetman
bassetman
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlidlovers98513 2012-08-12, 14:41

Maybe next meeting my other half will go ... and maybe me if i can find a kid wrangler... lol Laughing
cichlidlovers98513
cichlidlovers98513
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Paintguy 2012-08-13, 11:53

I missed the 2nd meeting but the first one was a good talk also.
Paintguy
Paintguy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2012-09-17, 00:49

Its about that time. This coming Thursday 9/20 @ 7p.m. will be our 3rd Cichlid meeting. Doesnt matter what type of Cichlid you own we discuss all. Ever had a question that you needed an answer to, come on over and get several experienced hobbyists opinions. this meeting is open to all. Please come by. PM me for directions.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2012-09-17, 20:20

I'm surprised you guys aren't just going down to Oregon for the Joe Middleton talk?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2012-09-18, 01:40

Cory wrote:I'm surprised you guys aren't just going down to Oregon for the Joe Middleton talk?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
A couple of the group members are. I personally cant make that trek during the week.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2012-09-20, 13:46

Tonight's the night. Come check out my fish room and be apart of some knowledgeable hobbyists with many years of experience.

See you there.

Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2012-09-21, 12:23

How did it go?

I originally had plans for that night and could not make it. Then I had to change it all anyway cause I was sick and went home from work early. I could have then made it but I figured it wouldn't be nice to show up with a fever, hacking cough and spreading germs.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2012-09-21, 14:54

DMD123 wrote:How did it go?

I originally had plans for that night and could not make it. Then I had to change it all anyway cause I was sick and went home from work early. I could have then made it but I figured it wouldn't be nice to show up with a fever, hacking cough and spreading germs.

It went well. I think because a lot of the group was coming from the North, they got stuck in the wonderful traffic, and most didnt show till 8. Then most of them spent the rest of the time wondering around the fish room and asking questions. So Not much talking amongst the group was accomplished, but it went well anyway.

Oh, another thing, when are you coming to get this Pearsi? They are about 4-5" now.
Maybe after you get over your disease. Very Happy
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2012-09-21, 15:41

I still want the pearsi for sure. I really like the mix I have going right now and I think it would fit in great.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2012-09-21, 16:00

bringing the one in from the pond today, so we will see how it has developed.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2012-09-21, 16:12

Very curious to see the difference.

DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2012-09-21, 20:24

I may have to start a blog next Spring about the positives and negatives, along with the difference in growth in different species. This Summer I just had a 150gal pond going, hopefully next year I can get a 900gal going. Should be interesting.

As for this Summers batch, well that will be found on my thread: First Summer with pond. Very Happy
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-02-19, 22:32

Another Cichlid meeting is scheduled for this week. It will again be at Mel's place. If there are any of you that love large tanks and large Cichlids, then you wont want to miss this one. I am sure you have seen his videos on YouTube and never knew it was, "the Mel". His handle is GuapoteMel.

It is this Thursday and starts around 6. If you want to attend, please let me know so that I can let Mel know that there will be more attending. If able to get to my house or meet me on the way, I could give a ride to a couple people.

Dont miss out. Smile
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-02-19, 22:41

Thanks for letting all of us know!
I already have plans, dang it.
Maybe you could wear a "Go-Pro" video camera and record the meeting for all of us who can't make it lol! But in all seriousness, I am really bummed that I can't go..... I love Mel-O's videos
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-02-20, 10:34

If you ever do a weekend meeting let us know. We would love to attend but weekdays are out due to the long drive and work things. Have fun everyone
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down