Hello from Bellingham, WA...any aquarium club or society in the area?

+4
Mikey
sidekicking
Spyral
David VanderYacht
8 posters

Go down

Hello from Bellingham, WA...any aquarium club or society in the area? Empty Hello from Bellingham, WA...any aquarium club or society in the area?

Post  David VanderYacht 2010-10-19, 13:11

Brand new to the forum. Curious if anyone out there is from the Bellingham, Washington area, and might have an interest in forming a club. A few people have shown interest. Let me know and hopefully we can get something started!

Current tank is a 46g bowfront planted community tank with a variety of tetras, rasboras, dwarf cichlids, loaches, etc. I've lost track of the plants, other than a couple of swords, ludwigia and plenty of E. tenellus.

Dave

David VanderYacht
Fry

Back to top Go down

Hello from Bellingham, WA...any aquarium club or society in the area? Empty Re: Hello from Bellingham, WA...any aquarium club or society in the area?

Post  Spyral 2010-10-19, 13:16

Welcome to the site!

Generally speaking, clubs are useless. This website serves the members far better than any club I have ever belonged to, we just don't have scheduled meetings and dues.

You get the same benefits.

Discounts at local vendors, information on demand, conversation and interaction with like minded individuals and support. What more could you ask for? You can even buy a shirt!

If you just HAVE to pay dues, well you can always donate to the site and become a contributing member.

Good luck!
Spyral
Spyral
Contributing Member

http://www.dinkypage.com/54184

Back to top Go down

Hello from Bellingham, WA...any aquarium club or society in the area? Empty Re: Hello from Bellingham, WA...any aquarium club or society in the area?

Post  David VanderYacht 2010-10-19, 13:23

Spyral - understand your point, but there is something to be said for the face-to-face interaction. I used to be a member of a society in Seattle, and I found the advice, presentations etc to be very helpful.

David VanderYacht
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  sidekicking 2010-10-19, 13:34

Hey David welcome to the fishbox, best place online
Spot On
sidekicking
sidekicking
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Spyral 2010-10-19, 13:55

David VanderYacht wrote:Spyral - understand your point, but there is something to be said for the face-to-face interaction. I used to be a member of a society in Seattle, and I found the advice, presentations etc to be very helpful.

Plenty of face to face interaction with this crowd. I saw no less than 11 site members this past weekend.
Spyral
Spyral
Contributing Member

http://www.dinkypage.com/54184

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey 2010-10-19, 14:04

David, we're an informal club. Our members can contact anyone on the site and have a meet up whenever they'd like. If you do organize something in your area, I'd be glad to put down some prizes, etc. for you all to use.
Mikey
Mikey
Contributing Member

http://www.wafishbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tdouglass 2010-10-19, 15:37

Hey David.

tdouglass
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  David VanderYacht 2010-10-19, 15:49

Hey Tyler!

Mikey - thanks for letting me know.

David VanderYacht
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2010-10-19, 20:47

Hey and welcome to WFB.... nice to have you with us.... sure after awhile posting and reading posts in here you will find there is not a better way for fish hobbyist to talk! Enjoy the site, let us know if you have any questions. Smile
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Addictedtofish 2010-10-20, 12:41

Welcome David to the forum, I was wondering if your part of the VanderYacht family that owns the propane company? I havent looked up to see how many people have the unique last name like you do. Anyways enjoy the forum that is alot of info and advice that you will find on the forum.
Addictedtofish
Addictedtofish
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  protocl 2010-10-20, 12:53

Addictedtofish wrote:Welcome David to the forum, I was wondering if your part of the VanderYacht family that owns the propane company? I havent looked up to see how many people have the unique last name like you do. Anyways enjoy the forum that is alot of info and advice that you will find on the forum.

probably is.
protocl
protocl
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  David VanderYacht 2010-10-20, 12:55

Hey Addictedtofish: Us VanderYachts up here are all related in some way or another, although I've never met that particular family. Whatcom County is one of the few places where they know how to spell that last name!

David VanderYacht
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down