***Greater Seattle Aquarium Society - Aquarium Plant Auction***

+2
Adonijah
Seattle_Aquarist
6 posters

Go down

***Greater Seattle Aquarium Society - Aquarium Plant Auction*** Empty ***Greater Seattle Aquarium Society - Aquarium Plant Auction***

Post  Seattle_Aquarist 2012-01-16, 01:27

Looking for great aquarium plants and want to support your local aquarium club? Then come to the Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (GSAS) Annual Plant Auction!

Who: Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (GSAS) (A registered WA non-profit)
What: Annual Aquarium Plant Auction
Where: Seattle Pacific University; Royal Brougham Pavilion;
3rd Ave. W. & W. Nickerson Street; Falcon Club Lounge; 2nd Floor
When: Tuesday, February 14th; Preview and Registration 6:30; Auction Starts at 7 PM

Deals and Steals!
Beginner-level to super-rare species! Livestock such as fish and invertebrates possible!

Free Admission!
Public Welcome!
Free Parking; Accessible; Families welcome!

Aquarium plants, fish, invertebrates; mostly member grown
You must be a member to sell
Everyone welcome to buy
Cash and check only
Details are available at: www.GSAS.org
Seattle_Aquarist
Seattle_Aquarist
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

***Greater Seattle Aquarium Society - Aquarium Plant Auction*** Empty Re: ***Greater Seattle Aquarium Society - Aquarium Plant Auction***

Post  Seattle_Aquarist 2012-01-24, 11:42

Hi All,

February 14th is just three weeks away; do you really want candy and flowers or an evening of common and unusual plants along with member raised fish and invertebrates?
Seattle_Aquarist
Seattle_Aquarist
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

***Greater Seattle Aquarium Society - Aquarium Plant Auction*** Empty Re: ***Greater Seattle Aquarium Society - Aquarium Plant Auction***

Post  Adonijah 2012-01-24, 16:19

Ohhh man an auction on Valentines day can be disastrous to some, hahah!

Is this the same auction as last year where it was tons of plants but still had uv sterilizers/hobs/and tanks?
Adonijah
Adonijah
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Seattle_Aquarist 2012-01-24, 16:25

Hi Adonijah,

No, the auction with Hard Goods like filters, tanks, and stuff is a big General Auction which is on Saturday, April 14th this year.
Seattle_Aquarist
Seattle_Aquarist
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Adonijah 2012-01-24, 16:26

Thanks again Roy!

Congrats on becomin' Prez btw!
Adonijah
Adonijah
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Seattle_Aquarist 2012-01-24, 20:02

Thanks Adonijah!
Seattle_Aquarist
Seattle_Aquarist
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Seattle_Aquarist 2012-01-31, 23:43

Hi All,

Just a reminder that the GSAS Plant Auction is Tuesday, February 14th.

Please help support GSAS; the club that has brought you free presentations by Tom Barr, Ad Konings, Karen Randall, D*ck Au, Oliver Lucanus, Chuck Rambo, Gary Lange, Luis Navarro, Barbie Fiorentino, Lawrence Kent, and Ghazanfar Ghori.

***Greater Seattle Aquarium Society - Aquarium Plant Auction*** 232323232%7Ffp%3B%3B2%3Enu%3D3369%3E787%3E264%3EWSNRCG%3D35466%3A%3C688338nu0mrj
Seattle_Aquarist
Seattle_Aquarist
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TexAveri 2012-02-01, 11:23

I so want to go, just it falls on the 14th and that is my boyfriends birthday and were going to scuttlebutt for dinner. Urgh the day and timing x.x
TexAveri
TexAveri
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2012-02-01, 22:19

Last time there was some really good buys at this auction.... REALLY GOOD! if anyone goes please open a thread of what you got.
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2012-02-02, 01:56

ya i cant wait to go myself. bringing the GF along for a "date" up in seattle... so i get to kill two birds with one stone so to speak
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2012-02-02, 12:24

Looking forward to the auction.

I'm having a tough time reading that flyer -- that part below the date is Shocked .
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Seattle_Aquarist 2012-02-02, 13:22

Hi Betty,

I agree that the flyer does not do well when viewed online; I will bring that issue up for our next auction. The information that you are having trouble reading is the information covered in my first post about registration start time, auction start time, free admission to public , etc.

-Roy
Seattle_Aquarist
Seattle_Aquarist
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2012-02-03, 02:19

Thanks, Roy.
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Seattle_Aquarist 2012-02-07, 11:28

One week from today is February 14th which is not only Valentine’s Day.....it is GSAS Annual Plant Auction Day! Imagine how excited your special someone will be when you come home with a large bouquet of Java Fern or a an Amazon Sword or bunch of Cryptocoryne in full bloom! Or better yet, bring them with you and let them buy you that special species that you have coveted for the last 6 months! Don’t forget that we are in the Falcon Lounge across the street from our regular building on the SPU campus. I hope to see you there!
Seattle_Aquarist
Seattle_Aquarist
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Seattle_Aquarist 2012-02-13, 20:01

Hi All,

Hard to believe it is just a little over 24 hours from now. The auction is tomorrow (Tuesday, 2/14) evening with registration starting at 6:30 PM and the auction starting at 7:00. Erios, Pogostemon helferi (Downei), various Microsorum pteropus (Java Fern) including 'Trident', 'Narrow', and 'Needle', Anubias (various including nana 'Petite'), E. vesuvius, Swords (various species including some larger specimen plants), and many others that you may or may not find in our LFS!

I hope to see you there!
Seattle_Aquarist
Seattle_Aquarist
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Seattle_Aquarist 2012-02-14, 14:25

Hi All,

I am frantically packaging up all of my plants, labeling them, and getting them ready for the auction tonight. Opps almost forgot I need to hit the ATM on the way there....lol

Seattle_Aquarist
Seattle_Aquarist
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2012-02-15, 02:16

how was the auction???? anyone get anything cool??? should upload pics please!
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Seattle_Aquarist 2012-02-15, 18:59

Hi sanduka,

We had an excellent auction! Since the Annual Plant Auction is one of the two annual events (along with our Big General Auction in April) that we have to fund our club it is important that it do well. Otherwise we cannot continue to afford the free presentations from world class speakers, and Philanthropy programs that we offer to the public to help promote our hobby.

Last night we had over 115 attendees bidding on over 500 lots of plants and fish! There were steals, deals, and squeals all night long. I saw some rare plants like Erios and Pogostemons sell very inexpensively and some common crypts go for $$$. There were some 'new to the market' mosses and unusual fish, shrimp, and some invertebrates and even some carnivorous plants from Chuck Rambo!

If you missed out don't be too hard on yourself; there are always plenty of fish, plants, and supplies available at our Big Annual Auction in April....watch for the announcement about it and our new location for the event! (The auction has become so popular that we have outgrown the location we have used the last several years.)

GSAS is moving the Annual Plant Auction to the fall so all of our auctions events don't happen just in the late winter / early spring. Later this year we will have our first fall Annual Plant Auction, I believe it will be scheduled for November.

Next month, back by popular demand.....Dick Au from San Francisco! He will doing a presentation on "Raising Fish for Fun and Profit" for our meeting that is open to the public and a second presentation on another subject for GSAS members only.

I hope to see you there!
-Roy

Seattle_Aquarist
Seattle_Aquarist
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down