Greater Seattle Aquarium Society

2 posters

Go down

Greater Seattle Aquarium Society Empty Greater Seattle Aquarium Society

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2011-07-30, 02:14

I just wanted to make sure everyone knew about the Greater Seattle Aquarium Society. A Seattle local club that meets the second Tuesday of every month at 7pm September through August.

The new season of speakers is up, many world class speakers as always. Here's a Lineup so far this year:

Karen Randall (Aquatic Plants) A judge from the Aquatic Gardeners Association - Great speaker.
Oliver Lucanus
Chuck Rambo
Dick Au

Also we have 2 big auctions each year where members can sell. The big plant auction and the big general auction. Last year I walked away with over $100 in my pocket after selling stuff I wasn't using and fish I bred. Plus I bought a bunch of stuff too!

We also have an online video library of talks where speakers have authorized the use for members only. Many hours of video to watch. A talk of shell dwellers, plant speakers, shrimp speaker, culturing live foods etc.

You'll also receive monthly newsletter with articles written about the local fish interests. It's like getting a fish magazine each month.

You can also participate in the fish breeding program or the plant program. Awards are given out and prizes as well.

Usually each month there is the "fish of the month" given away by raffle at the meetings as well. Usually pertains to the speaker.

On top of all that great stuff, you also receive a discount to a ton of different stores.

Aquarist's World
Blue Sierra
Conway Tropical Fish
Denny's Pet World
The Fish Store
King's Discus
Leim's Aquarium and Bird Shop
Midway Tropical Pets
A Place for Pets
Sierra Fish and Pets.

All the stores offer 5% to 15% discount. The ones I know off the top of my head is A Place for Pets is 15%! and Conway Tropical fish is 10%

Great so what do you have to do to join the club? You visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and sign up online. It only costs $15 for all of that for a year long membership. If you spend $150 a year on fish/supplies etc at any of those sponsor stores, you'll receive enough of a discount that the membership would be free!

I encourage all of you to at least come sit in on a meeting once. We have on the of the largest active clubs in the country. Most meets have 70+ members in attendance. There is always a group of people standing around who are interested in the exact same thing you are!
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Greater Seattle Aquarium Society Empty Re: Greater Seattle Aquarium Society

Post  GilbertonFisher 2011-07-30, 11:58

I got some of you black Moscow guppies and cherry red shrimp from the last auction, love them!

GilbertonFisher
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2011-07-30, 12:05

Awesome Smile
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down