Emersed or Submerged Start; Can you tell the difference?

2 posters

Go down

Emersed or Submerged Start; Can you tell the difference? Empty Emersed or Submerged Start; Can you tell the difference?

Post  Seattle_Aquarist 2012-08-01, 19:56

Hi All,

Here is a (poor quality) picture of my 10 gallon that I set up a week ago, no special substrate just inert clay, no CO2, and the fertilizer is Seachem Flourish Comprehensive 2X per week and Excel. It is not aquascaped; this is just an experiment.

There are five plant species in this picture from left to right Pogostemon erectus, Ludwigia sp. 'Red', Hygrophila polysperma 'Tiger', Bacopa salzmannii, and Nymphoides sp. 'Taiwan'. Four of the plant species were grown emersed and planted straight from my emersed growth 'mad plant-scientist lab' to the tank, one species was grown submerged. Quick quiz question......which one was grown submerged?

Mad Plant-Scientist Lab[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Which plant species was grown submerged?[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Seattle_Aquarist
Seattle_Aquarist
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Emersed or Submerged Start; Can you tell the difference? Empty Re: Emersed or Submerged Start; Can you tell the difference?

Post  hobbyorobsession 2012-08-01, 20:27

Nymphoides sp. 'Taiwan' was grown submerged.
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down