Nick_87
Madness
DMD123
GoFish
13 posters

Go down

Brand new member from Tenino Empty Brand new member from Tenino

Post  GoFish 2012-05-20, 16:31

Brand new to all of this (except the fish part), so be easy on me, ha ha. Just wondering if anyone had Discus that were closer to me? I am in Tenino and do not know anyone with even guppies, let alone my favorite - Discus and Dwarf Gourami's. Could use some pointers on using this site if I am messing up.
Thanks
Tanya

GoFish
Fry

Back to top Go down

Brand new member from Tenino Empty Re: Brand new member from Tenino

Post  DMD123 2012-05-20, 23:28

Welcome!
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2012-05-20, 23:32

Welcome Tanya. Feel free to ask your questions, there are a few Discus owners on here that will be glad to help. Very Happy
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick_87 2012-05-20, 23:49

Welcome!
Nick_87
Nick_87

Back to top Go down

Post  Ratlova30 2012-05-21, 00:15

Welcome!
Ratlova30
Ratlova30
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaman95 2012-05-21, 08:16

Welcome! to the best forum ever lol
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Brand new member from Tenino Empty Thanks for the nice welcome

Post  GoFish 2012-05-21, 11:47

Hi everyone,
This is so great to have a site for fish people. I am bound to make some mistakes while learning how to use the site, but am hopeful for some kind person to point it out to me if i do. Guess I should list my fish.
Very spoiled Red Earred Slider, has her own indoor hot tub with a fountain in the middle of it. Is fed an assortment of veggies, seafood and red meat. She won't hunt anymore and has guppies in her tank as friends. The guppies breed like wildfire in there. Was hoping she would enjoy the live food, oh well....
Dwarf Gourami's (only males darn it), Very fancy guppies, molly, platties, neons, yoyo loach, assortment of cory cats, algae eaters and an assortment of Plecos - my favorite is monster size and gentle as a kitten. Just got 4 Discus and am learning about them. One is by itself, as it is the smallest- but picks on everything except the monster Pleco.
Tanks: 130 gallon, 120 Gallon, 45 Gallon and many smaller empty tanks now that I have my larger tanks.
I would LOVE to breed my Dwarf Gourami's, but cannot locate anyone with females for sale. Would also like to purchase some non related neons. The 2 fish stores we have close by are pretty basic and I don't go there much.
Had something I thought was strange happen and would like some comments on it if it is normal. While shuffling fish around to get the groups that got along best together, one of my guppies had babies in with the Discus. I figured the Discus would eat them and chose to just leave them in with them, as I have plenty. The Discus size ranges from 3 inches to 6 inches and they never once bothered the newborn guppies. Is that normal?
Anyway I am wanting to try to breed the Dwarf Gourami's and if anyone knows where I can purchase a few females, I would be very grateful for the info. I am in Tenino and would rather take a beating then to drive to Seattle. Nothing against Seattle, I am from a small town and have not been to Seattle much. Kind of looking for fish people between Olympia and Portland Oregon if possible. Hope everyone reading this enjoys their fish as much as I do mine. Thanks for reading.
Tanya

GoFish
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2012-05-21, 12:24

Hi Tanya and welcome to the forum. I'm not too far from you, just outside of Yelm.

I drive up to Seattle a few times each month, so I know what you mean about not wanting to go there. Smile
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ratlova30 2012-05-21, 12:32

Have you been to kaija's in Chehalis? I'm not sure if they have dwarf gouramis in right now but if you ask them to order some they'll try and get some in, and they'll call you when/if they can get them. I imagine female dwarfs would be relatively easy for them to track down. They're trying to bring in more Zamora woodcats for me.
Ratlova30
Ratlova30
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2012-05-21, 16:55

Welcome! Smile
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2012-05-22, 15:58

discus that arent always looking for food and running up to greet u in hopes of food are typically still a bit shy or having other issues. a low ph (6 range) and a temp of 82-84 will do them wonders. makes it hard to pick tankmates but some neon tetras will handle it, rams are another choice as well if the tank is big enough. if you ever have any questions feel free to msg me, you can also check out some articles by jack whatley (might be mispelt) hes huge in the discus world and has done a lot of highly regarded publications. GL to ya and welcome to the site
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlidlovers98513 2012-06-05, 23:38

Hi Tanya...
Nice to see that you joined... We love the updates about the Pleco.. Very Happy
cichlidlovers98513
cichlidlovers98513
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessielynn1024 2012-06-20, 00:11

i'm brand new to the site as well but so far i've found some amazing deals on craigslist i love craigslist lol and hoping to come accross some people on here selling some awsome fish due to the pet stores lack of taste in fish Laughing
Jessielynn1024
Jessielynn1024
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay 2013-01-30, 21:28

Welcome!
Jay
Jay
FishBox Member

https://www.facebook.com/GeilerAquatics

Back to top Go down