Kingstature
Mikey
protocl
sandnuka
Gosu
sidekicking
10 posters

Go down

Just found this awsome forum! Empty Just found this awsome forum!

Post  Guest 2010-06-13, 03:13

Hey guys and girls! this is awsome, didnt know there would be a forum for washington on fish!

Im 14 and ive been obssessed over aquariums for 2 years now. it all started of with 6 little convict babies that the painter that painted our house gave me, i set them up in a 20 gallon that was laying around in my grage (my dad had a huge 275 gallon in wall tank and this was his quarantine tank). i then thought, hey ive got all these other tanks in teh garage, why not set them up and have some fun. i then set up a 30 gallon and added the convicts that hadnt killed each other (man are they agressive). eventualy i just had a male and female that killed everything i put in the tank. they had babies and the father killed the mom. i then gave the father away because i wanted something other than 1 super agressive fish (he was beautiful though). i then got 1 jack dempsey, 4 yellow labs 1 pictus and a pleco and set up yet another tank laying around, this time a 55 gallon. also while doing that i decided i wanted to try plants so i set up a small 10 gallon from stuff laying around. from this point ive only bought fish nothing else. i then order some plants online and buy some fish and my fish store in silverdale. this tank was by far my favorite. i then sold the fish in the 55 gallon because they were to large (and only after 5 months affraid ) i took all the plants from the 10 gallon and put them in a 30 gallon while the 55 gallon was all set up. you can never have enough tanks. i then got 2 ctenopoma and skunk cories. i bought some more plants for this tank a nice light and a filter. i had way to much algea growth in this tank so, when i sold the fish from the 55 gallon i transfered from the 30 to the 55. while all this havoc was going on i was setting up a 10 gallon nano reef tank. i bought almost all my stuff from sharks reef in silverdale and got it going. its still running now and looks great, nice coraline and good coral growth, although the tank rejects any fish i put in other than my clown, i have spent $100 on fish and they all died. my water is at the ideal place and there is nothing harmful in the tank. i guess 1 fish is its capacity. this is now current day.

Im going to set up a 7.5 gallon cube on my desk and ordered some things.

i ordered:
Mr. Aqua rimmless 7.5 gallon 12" cube
toms mini rapids canister filter c-80
catalina aquariums light and heater (nice stuff)
3x christmass moss
1x nymphya rubra
3x fissiden splatchidornis

And just to keep myself satisfied i bought 2 otos and 5 neons (i only got 4 though and 1 died so now im down to three gotta get more)
These all went in a breeder net in my 55 gallon tempararily.

The betta is coming next week so i need to get all set up by then. all i need is sand, which im now out of money, so time to go work for my parents!

Anyways, just wanterd to say hi and show off my adventures! cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Just found this awsome forum! Empty Re: Just found this awsome forum!

Post  sidekicking 2010-06-13, 03:20

hey man welcome to the fishbox, one of the best places online
dont hesitate to ask any question the people here are very knowledgeable

you should post some pics of your tanks!!!
sidekicking
sidekicking
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Gosu 2010-06-13, 03:22

welcome welcome
Gosu
Gosu

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2010-06-13, 03:22

MAN! for only fourteen you got a whole bunch of expierence to offer us! we are sooo glad to have you hear.... plus you will love all the information on here.... its cool to be able to meet breeders, and get equipment from locals around!
Soooo WELCOME TO WFB!
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-06-13, 03:33

Welcome to the site!

Back to top Go down

Post  protocl 2010-06-13, 04:25

That has to be the longest post on this forum!

Welcome!
protocl
protocl
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-06-13, 14:02

lol i know its long, it was midnight and i wqas kinda bored Razz anyways, i would post some pictures but i had to erase them all because i didnt have enough memory for a video game (world of goo) so ill upload some more from my camera. gotta figure this out, on tropical fish keeping forum there is a little paper clip attach button, ill look around.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-06-13, 14:10

Just found this awsome forum! Gonoda11

ok i got it! thats a weird program lol. anways, the picture is just a picture of a mantis shrimp that i want to get when im gonna setup a saltwater system.

the system is sooo confusing its hard to explain. so there is a 20gallon that is split into 2 10 gallon tanks and that has an overflow for the both of them connected, then it drains to a "sump" where there will be a 20 long with a FOWLR, but this tank is to the side of the split 20 and will be rimless so i can look down over it.

on the left side of the 20 gallon split i will have a tank with DSB, lots of small chunks of live rock and cheato. in there ill have this mantis shrimp. ill probably also have some small mushrooms that spread like crazy. in the tank to the right of it i will have a nice little SPS and LPS growout tank with a cleaner shrimp and probably a small goby. in the 20 long it wont really be a fowlr because there will be inverts like my anemone and some shrimp. i think i want 3 bengaii cardinals and 3 purple fireshrimp, but again im not certain

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey 2010-06-13, 15:42

Welcome! We're very glad to have you. I too was very young when I got into the hobby, about your age. I'm only 18 but know a few things now. If you have any questions, don't be shy to ask. We've got a fantastic community on here. Very Happy
Mikey
Mikey
Contributing Member

http://www.wafishbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingstature 2010-06-13, 16:12

LoL... dang kid lay it all out there... Thats awesome welcome to the Box... Be sure to post pics of your tank in our "show off your tank section".. I was twelve when I started now Im working on tank #26... I hate the love for my obssession.. I think I may be broke because of it.. I guess I better see my parents have some work for me as well.. lol! geek
Kingstature
Kingstature
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-06-13, 16:16

Lol, thanks for the support! yea i know im young, but oh well. my mom calls me artisticly advanced because i love aquascaping, drawing, and sculture Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-06-13, 16:29

Just found this awsome forum! 00111
Just found this awsome forum! 00211
Just found this awsome forum! 00311
Just found this awsome forum! 00411
Just found this awsome forum! 00511
Just found this awsome forum! 00611
Just found this awsome forum! 00711
Just found this awsome forum! 00811
Just found this awsome forum! 00912
Just found this awsome forum! 01011
Just found this awsome forum! 01111
Just found this awsome forum! 01211
Just found this awsome forum! 01311
Just found this awsome forum! 01412
Just found this awsome forum! 01511
Just found this awsome forum! 01611

oh my this image hosting thing doesnt like me lemme post again lol.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-06-13, 16:37

Just found this awsome forum! 01711
Just found this awsome forum! 01811

LOL CHECK OUT THIS FILTRATION! 1 marineland canister filter, 25 watt UV sterilizer and this magnetic cleaning thing
Just found this awsome forum! 01911

Back to top Go down

Post  Digsy 2010-06-13, 18:00

Welcome to the forum! You have some nice looking tanks but I'm really looking forward to seeing your 12" rimless cube. Hopefully you will be starting a journal here to show your progress? It's also nice to see another fellow aquatic plant person!
Digsy
Digsy
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-06-13, 18:30

im more excited!!!! lol yea its gonna be fun, if i figure out how this journal thing works ill definatly give it a shot, im alwasy inspired to take hundreds of pictures of my opening the box and reviewing the items Razz it will be a nice journal hopefuly!

Back to top Go down

Post  CrashSmAshley 2010-06-14, 03:10

Welcome! Guess we have fish keepers of all ages now; glad to have you!
CrashSmAshley
CrashSmAshley
Contributing Member

https://www.facebook.com/people/Ashley-Kate-Schneider/781865286

Back to top Go down

Post  regan24 2010-06-14, 12:28

Wow that is amazing!!!! That's about the age when I started noticing fish, but I was never allowed to have anything more than a betta Sad And our family's ten gallon community, NOTHING compared to your gorgeousness.

regan24
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-06-14, 15:22

Embarassed im flattered Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2010-06-14, 17:51

Welcome!

Its nice to know there are people literally in your "back yard" who have the same hobby.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-06-14, 18:59

O.o back yard? tacoma is a bit far lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down