so I did a stupid thing.. not an aquatic plant?

Go down

so I did a stupid thing.. not an aquatic plant? Empty so I did a stupid thing.. not an aquatic plant?

Post  Guest 2012-04-30, 20:19

The local pet store had these gorgeous plants in and I couldnt help myself. I bought one and now I am worried its not actually aquatic. I have no clue what it is. They said they have had them for a few weeks and no one there knows ANYTHING about aquarium stuff at all, let alone the plants. I mean I know I don't know much but... anywho we all make stupid purchases at some point. I will attach a pic and would like some help determining what it is. Its leaves are a lot skinnier than all the pics I saw of purple waffle plants but I can't say for sure. Thanks for the help!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

so I did a stupid thing.. not an aquatic plant? Empty Re: so I did a stupid thing.. not an aquatic plant?

Post  Ratlova30 2012-04-30, 20:45

Looks like a purple waffle to me, the leaves look thinner in the pic then I remember in person but there aren't too many plants with that gorgeous color. I too made the same mistake. It can live a while underwater but will eventually die. I would return it or pull it out and plant it in a pot of sand and fill the pot with water up to the sand line. I gave mine to a former friend and she said it had wilted and dropped when it wasn't fully submerged but after a couple days it bounced back. Just needs some time to adjust to not being fully submerged.
Ratlova30
Ratlova30
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

so I did a stupid thing.. not an aquatic plant? Empty Re: so I did a stupid thing.. not an aquatic plant?

Post  Guest 2012-04-30, 20:48

Yeah, all the pictures I have seen of the purple waffle have much broader leaves. If it is a purple waffle it will work wonderfully in the amphibian thing I have plans for. So not the end of the world. It just looks so good in the little tank!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ratlova30 2012-04-30, 21:12

Yes I do remember the leaves being broader. Maybe there's a close relative to the purple waffle with thinner leaves Question I don't know, certainly have never seen an aquatic plant with that gorgeous color. I would still want to label it as a purple waffle until I found out otherwise. Would certainly look nice in an amphibian tank.
Ratlova30
Ratlova30
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2012-04-30, 21:53

Well if you had to make an impulse buy at least it was a cheap plant not a $250 coral like me. now my acan is my favorite coral.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down