Anthraxx
JimA
sandnuka
aquaman95
Fish Addict
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cl drama, isn't it stupid? Empty Cl drama, isn't it stupid?

Post  Guest 2012-04-22, 14:45

So today not only have I seen people posting back and forth about whether cats can have AIDS and if it can be transferred to humans, but also someone trying to sell an illegal snake got a scolding from someone at the zoo? I love the crazies that cl brings out Smile any other crazy posts you have seen?

Back to top Go down

Cl drama, isn't it stupid? Empty Re: Cl drama, isn't it stupid?

Post  Guest 2012-04-22, 16:58

I saw a guy trying to sell a state park, and I thought ????????
And a guy trying to sell a basic 10g for $250 or trade for a car and I thought ???????????

Back to top Go down

Post  Fish Addict 2012-04-22, 22:10

I saw a guy who was trying to sell a triangular mirror top table and said its great for doing pines of coke and I have seen tons of piranhas sold on CL
Fish Addict
Fish Addict
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaman95 2012-04-22, 22:22

the other day i seen a african texas cichlid forsale...not bad just a little funny.
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaman95 2012-04-22, 22:52

Also the old craigslist killer he was a real crazy clister.
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2012-04-22, 22:56

Theres this person on the Yakima one who always posts this thing like " think you are selling your dog to a nice home? Nope you are selling it to some Michael Vick wannabe who after nearly killing the dog sells it for medical research. Think again before giving your dog away, tearing it away from its pack is cruel.." And then everyone responds with I got my dog from here and take very good care of it... How can you say things like that.

but yes none of that tops the killer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Fish Addict 2012-04-23, 02:27

So this is from old Craigslist aka the little nickel. A family friend met his wife because she posted an ad in the little nickel saying she was looking for a husband. they have been married like 20 some of years still happy and have a kid... Not sure if it fits here but it's close
Fish Addict
Fish Addict
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2012-04-23, 05:49

my favorite is the youtube comments when its something gross, or animal rights.... Love it!
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaman95 2012-04-23, 09:37

i listen to rap so all the comments are explicit
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaman95 2012-04-23, 13:03

aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2012-04-23, 13:50

whats funny is that most of these people dont even have rbp... they usually have pacu! lol.... but dont spoil there bubble. Smile
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaman95 2012-04-23, 13:52

i love the ones who say worlds biggest piranha ever ever for real bro dude dawg man..
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  JimA 2012-04-23, 14:44

I just swaped out a old wood stove for a new one. The old one is in really nice shape it's just not EPA approed. So I list it for 400 bucks.

1st call is a guy from Alaska he wants me to have it picked up and taken to Seattle then loaded on a barge to Ketchikan. I tell him it would better to buy one there, instead of paying 400 for the stove and at least 1500 to ship it.

2nd call is a guy from Idaho that wants me to ship it to him. Told him the same thing I told the Alaska guy.

3rd call is a guy who is out of town but want's to wire me the money and someone will pick it up. Obviously a spamer

4th call is a guy that lives about 5 miles away, came by and looked at it and bought it on the spot and we loaded into his truck.

With listing chit on C,list you have to always expect the goof nuts!!

JimA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Fish Addict 2012-04-23, 16:58

My dad tried to sell his 100 show gallon seaclear with an oak stand for $500 and he got the weirdest offers like broken tvs, broken tables, 2 broken self cleaning litter boxes and he doesn't even own a cat.... One person showed up and even though he told her $500 when she arrived she swore that the ad had said $50 and that he told her it was $50 and because of the "bait and switch" she said we should just give it to her.... Glad I didn't know this crazy c*** until I just asked my dad if he had and weird cl experiences.... I don't Wana be selling stuff on cl anymore
Fish Addict
Fish Addict
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2012-04-23, 17:06

rofl craigslist is a last resort for me. i just dont respond to email's at all anymore. you call me or you dont by my stuff. end of story. after that last Clist thing where the guy and his son were shot over an engagement ring they tried to sell on Clist... funny thing is nobody suspected an issue when four ppl came to his house (all under 20). this is why A. we never meet at the house, and B. why u ALWAYS bring a friend. o and just for kicks always pick a super busy spot where 150 witnesses could be if needed Razz. but ya i love trying to lowball folks on the spot.. half the time it works hahaha. but 50$ for a 500$ tank.. ida just said nope sry gtfo. gg end of story Razz
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2012-04-23, 17:37

My best from cl are a guy wanting me to deliver plants across the water via the ferry.. Told him they were pick up only. As i had listed them as freeeeee.

Everyone asking what other equipmemt comes with the tanks when i clearly list..bare empty tank...

Now i just dont respond to people who ask questions without reading the listing.
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaman95 2012-04-23, 18:06

or i hate when you ask about 20 ads and get 3 replys (sarcastically speaking)
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Fish Addict 2012-04-23, 19:24

Or ask about something that is listed as $20-$50 and when they reply they want $80-400 but the best is probably "free fsh idk wht knd it be but it gotz 2 big fo my 10 probz needz a 20 o sumptin" this fish was clearly a pacu that was about 8" long
Fish Addict
Fish Addict
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Bassman42 2012-04-23, 22:06

I think that most of you people are DUMB, criticizing people for trying to get RBP's and other "illlegals" (pets, ect.). I personally have sold quite a few "illegal" fish on CL. Not to mentchen that there people on this forum selling "illegal" fish. On the other hand some people think that what they have is the best and want top dollar for it, and when they realize they can't get that they pull the ad or drop the price, DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah what about all the stolen shit being sold on CL no one cares about that, hum???
Bassman42
Bassman42
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaman95 2012-04-24, 04:47

We are dumb because we follow the law....no sir. I believe you are the dumb one to come on a public forum and openly anounce you have sold illegal fish.don't give people here a bad name if illegal fish were put up then the mods would close it.the reason we have laws is because not everybody is smart obviously by getting o here and anouncing your buisness you proved that.
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2012-04-24, 12:08

Bassman42 wrote:I think that most of you people are DUMB, criticizing people for trying to get RBP's and other "illlegals" (pets, ect.). I personally have sold quite a few "illegal" fish on CL. Not to mentchen that there people on this forum selling "illegal" fish. On the other hand some people think that what they have is the best and want top dollar for it, and when they realize they can't get that they pull the ad or drop the price, DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah what about all the stolen shit being sold on CL no one cares about that, hum???

Just read some of his other tirades...just another angry douche bag using an anonymous moniker to passively show how much better he is than EVERYONE else. Daddy must not of loved him enough growing up

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2012-04-24, 15:00

hahaha we have a Troll! thanks for joining my no sell list. its people like you that make me second guess a lot of the great deals ive let go on craigslist. and if you want to break the law thats your deal. how about you NOT share these details with the rest of us, as the vast majority of us on here are responsible fish keepers. hope a mod picks up on this and gets u off the site. we really dont need more people like u bassman.
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hbluehunter 2012-04-24, 15:22

I've sold and bought lots of stuff off CL.. You just kinda get used to all the BS that goes with it.. All the lowballers are crazy though..lol All the stupid ads just give me something to laught at.. Smile

Not sure what's up with Bassman.. I've bought from him and sold to him a few times, he always been a cool guy when i've chatted with him.. Just my .02 cents on that one..
hbluehunter
hbluehunter
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaman95 2012-04-24, 15:50

I have heard plenty saying hes smart and nice but responsible is not either of those and saying we are all idiots really digs his hole deeper in my book.
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2012-04-24, 16:11

On behalf of Bassman, we dont want him banned. He is one of the more intelligent fish keepers on this site, and I often seek his advice. Though what he said was a bit on the harsh side, (and I myself was taken back by some of what he said) and I am sure he probably could have worded much differently, and still got his point across. Because I know him I understand where he is coming from, he is very passionate about this hobby, (just like most of us) and can get a bit vocal when it comes to some topics. Bassman is not a bad guy, but like a lot of us, he believes strongly in what he says, and his opinions. Just think, several of you have probably met him, talked to him, or have interacted with him, and didnt even know it. And if you knew who he was, you would think a little differently. Who knows, you may even interact with him in the near future, and realize his knowledge, and passion towards this hobby, and still never realize who he is. Very Happy

Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerc 2012-04-24, 16:37

I can respect what madness says as in all likelihood being true, but personally all the posts by bassman that I have seen were degrading to this community in general.
Zerc
Zerc
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Bassman42 2012-04-24, 17:51

Well I guess that I'm dumb, ok. The point that I was trying to get acrossed is that Cl is a forum that anyone can sell anything, right? Hookers sell sex, thieves sell stolen goods, some sell what you and I would consider crap for a high price, others sell what some politician may call "illegal" items, shit you can even buy pot (marijuana) on CL. This is why CL has what you are referring to as "drama". Anybody can post anything.

Oh and by the way yes I am a duoche bag and a troll who more than likely knows more than most of you. My name is Matt and I don't hide behind anything.

"Illegal Fish" are a joke! Especially when you can buy them in the LFS.

I'm not the only one that talks about my "Illegal" stuff, there so many plants, invertebrates, and other minor things on this site that are "illegal" and no one says anything to them. Oh it's because you don't know that they are "Illegal" in WA.

Hey TROUTSNIFFER there is no reason to bring up anyones parents in any matter. If any mods want to kick me off this web site for stating the truth, than so be it.
Bassman42
Bassman42
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2012-04-24, 17:57

To clarify.... I meant drama in the sense that people take a topic and go back and forth in flagging wars. Like the guy that was selling a venomous snake saying sign a waiver if you buy it... and being scolded by a zoo keeper and then in turn pointing out the fact he said a waiver would be required. It just baffles me that people do that. It is entertaining to see what people write and seriously everyone takes them. It was not about the fact that you can buy things that are illegal, but that people take things so personally or feel the need to make it clear to the other person that they are wrong by arguing or flagging. So lets not have that kind of drama and be adults who do not feel the need to insult one another in some lame attempt to change the way other person acts/writes. If you all have problems take them up in messages and not ruin something that could be fun, k?

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerc 2012-04-24, 17:58

megpie021 wrote:To clarify.... I meant drama in the sense that people take a topic and go back and forth in flagging wars. Like the guy that was selling a venomous snake saying sign a waiver if you buy it... and being scolded by a zoo keeper and then in turn pointing out the fact he said a waiver would be required. It just baffles me that people do that. It is entertaining to see what people write and seriously everyone takes them. It was not about the fact that you can buy things that are illegal, but that people take things so personally or feel the need to make it clear to the other person that they are wrong by arguing or flagging. So lets not have that kind of drama and be adults who do not feel the need to insult one another in some lame attempt to change the way other person acts/writes. If you all have problems take them up in messages and not ruin something that could be fun, k?

I agree
Zerc
Zerc
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2012-04-24, 18:00

er... I meant *how* seriously... M college degree will do me some good at some point.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey 2012-04-24, 18:25

Bassman42,

I'm not sure if calling the people on this forum dumb is the right thing to do.

On the other hand, you do know your fish and I commend you for that. But be reminded that this is not Craigslist.
Mikey
Mikey
Contributing Member

http://www.wafishbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2012-04-24, 18:36

Well said megpie, and troutbrandon, I dont know how I missed what you posted. I have rarely ever seen a post on here from you, and for you to come out and sat that, regardless the reason, you my friend should be booted off. Call out people for saying something dumb, or have a heated discussion over a topic, by being tactful is fine but to come out and make a comment like that. WRONG!!! SIMPLY WRONG!!! Nut Kick
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey 2012-04-24, 18:41

troutbrandon wrote:...just another angry douche bag using an anonymous moniker to passively show how much better he is than EVERYONE else. Daddy must not of loved him enough growing up

This kind of stuff should be said within PMs.
Mikey
Mikey
Contributing Member

http://www.wafishbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaman95 2012-04-24, 20:50

can we stop please im on here because i am sick of arguing with rude people i come here to get peace and quite not see this carnage we should stop insulting each other
on these threads....Not everybody here wants/needs something but there might a day where you/we do and id like to say ohh yeah "tim" i can help i remember how nice/helpful you were...plz guys lets stop flaming each other make your point but leave out the insult's.
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2012-04-24, 22:23

I agree

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2012-04-25, 00:03

troutbrandon wrote:booted? for saying someone sounds like another douche bag? I guess your right, I haven't been on this forum long enough to learn anything, so I will just keep my mouth shut, sorry for having a perspective. Guess we are all dumb Sad

Sorry my friend, you out right called him a douche bag, and then made a comment about his personal life. If you can not see the wrong in that, than maybe you should refrain from talking.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Fish Addict 2012-04-25, 01:38

Plus one to what aqua and madness said.... I also come here to escape drama (ex: CL drama) and for a while there this thread looked like it came straight off of Craigslist... some stuff just shouldn't be said through a post and a PM won't make it any better... And as I usually try to do I am going to keep my mouth shut till I see that it's safe to speak again... sorry if I make anything worse I am trying to be neutral
Fish Addict
Fish Addict
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2012-04-25, 05:05

bassman - There is no cursing, no name calling, or belittling of any kind on the forum... its not welcome.... this is the second time in the past few months, once you went crazy cause no one wanted to buy your monsterfish so you called everyone on the forum a derogatory name. This is the last warning.

As far as illegal things... its stated in our market rules we dont allow it here.... CL is CL, they can have drama, sex, drugs, piranhas, whatever they want... if you participate in it you can share it all you want in the lounge... but NO name calling who dont agree with it....

Troutbrandon - belittling or name calling is my #1 pet peeve.... please refrain.... but I dont see you name calling is any different than bassman name calling.... so both should be punished the same.

sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2012-04-25, 11:24

Bassman makes a good point - just because it's illegal doesn't mean it should be. You can buy illegal aquaria at petco, for goodness sake. Some of the laws that cover fish, plants, and inverts are trying to use a hammer to kill a fly.

And yes, I've seen "illegal" aquaria offered on here. Smile It doesn't help that the law (or sites that present it) isn't terribly clear...
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Fish Addict 2012-04-25, 12:01

The laws have good reason it just needs to be enforced and not fining those that bought them but the stores that sell them because the ecosystems of lakes like pine have been destroyed by idiots going to fish stores then decided that they don't want it anymore so they throw it in the lake
Fish Addict
Fish Addict
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2012-04-25, 12:44

Yes, some are very justified and should definitely be enforced. On the other hand, banning entire taxonomic families or orders is just slash and burn as far as our hobby goes; who cares if various genera or species within those families or orders pose absolutely no thread whatsoever, even if they were released wholesale into lakes and rivers? Politicians can't be bothered to give a little thought to the shackles they put on us.

And for the record, the specific case I'm talking about was brought about by irresponsible fishermen using the offending creatures as bait.
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaman95 2012-04-25, 14:28

I do not get why people throw them in lakes there is sombody that will take them a lfs or if its too big eat it....In hawaii pacu is farmed as food fish
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2012-04-25, 14:36

Just fyi the fish in question can not and will not survive in our lakes or rivers. So it is a mute point.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2012-04-25, 14:37

And that's what's so aggravating - fish like that are still illegal.
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaman95 2012-04-25, 14:54

Yeah laws are stupid for the most part but i would rather not break the big ones like illegal importation of anything.And yes i do not see RBP breeding in the colombia its way to cold .
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerc 2012-04-25, 14:55

breeding, or living for longer than a few minutes...
Zerc
Zerc
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaman95 2012-04-25, 14:59

Plus One they would be like wtf its sooo cold take me back take me back
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Fish Addict 2012-04-25, 15:05

I agree it so SO GD DUMB but the few that should be banned should be the only ones because freaking GOLDFISH are much more dangerous to the environment then most of the banned plants, fish and invertebrates and leave it to the government to f it up
Fish Addict
Fish Addict
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2012-04-25, 15:12

Hey get use to it cause I heard that they are going to crack down and band exotic pet owning, and a lot of the species we are currently keeping will be on that list. That its because the ones making the rules don't have the pets and the knowledge that those of us that actually raise them do. I understand tigers, alligators, poisonous snakes, but they are also going to generically add all WC fish to that list because they don't have a clue.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaman95 2012-04-25, 15:21

Yeah its terrible those of us who wanna get educated and educate can not because some AHOLE directors make movies that scare people...on top of that we will always have the media overkill...but yes all cold water fish should be illegal anything that requires 72+ temp should be legal....for the most part...But something we need to understand is for every 1 responsible keeper there is 5 who are not so the laws do help keep idiots from releasing real threatening species.
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next