i have two many empty tanks suggestions on stock

5 posters

Go down

i have two many empty tanks suggestions on stock Empty i have two many empty tanks suggestions on stock

Post  hobbyorobsession 2011-11-01, 22:29

alright so i have several empty tanks
two 10gal tanks
a 29 gal
and a 7.5 gallon fluval ebi
can anyone suggest some small fish stocking suggestions
not really looking for non annual killifish or guppys as my water is kinda soft and i would rather not docter it in small tanks
maybe i'll do shrimps only ...
give me some suggestions
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

i have two many empty tanks suggestions on stock Empty Re: i have two many empty tanks suggestions on stock

Post  TerenceH 2011-11-01, 22:51

Cichlids from Dave's Rare Fish!!!
TerenceH
TerenceH

Back to top Go down

i have two many empty tanks suggestions on stock Empty Re: i have two many empty tanks suggestions on stock

Post  Anthraxx 2011-11-01, 22:56

you could snag my proven pair of brichardi for that 29. its what i have them in now.. lolz going cheap too.
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2011-11-01, 23:11

hmm daves rare fish has some interesting africans but most those fish get bigger than i would like to keep in mostly ten gallon tanks, the brichardi i have never found interesting for some reason
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  adal 2011-11-01, 23:37

Pea puffers in the 10g, shellies in the other 10g and apistos/tetras in the 29g Spot On
what do you think

If you need inspiration for your ebi heres mine
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
adal
adal
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TerenceH 2011-11-02, 10:07

hobbyorobsession wrote:hmm daves rare fish has some interesting africans but most those fish get bigger than i would like to keep in mostly ten gallon tanks, the brichardi i have never found interesting for some reason

Shell Dwellers are always great in a 10 gal
TerenceH
TerenceH

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2011-11-02, 14:45

The 29g is a cool size that gives a lot of possibilities. I am debating on what to set up in mine. But so far I have come up with a Tang tank, a dwarf pike, apisto tank or a lone puffer like a congo.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2011-11-02, 17:10

DMD u seem to favor wet pets. that said id personally go with the puffer. they can be very personal towards their owners. i love my tangs dont get me wrong, but for you id say the puffer would be a good bet.
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2011-11-02, 17:21

I have been looking at both the Congo and Mekong puffers. Both are very lame as wet pets. They are simply lumps that sit there until food come and they spring out of hiding and grab their prey. They still intrigue me but I think the Tangs are going to be more interesting to watch.

Plus I want a easy to feed fish that will eat the pellets and frozen foods I use. I am concerned about the puffers need to have foods that keep its beak/teeth growth in check; snails and hard item foods.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down