75g stock list?

4 posters

Go down

75g stock list? Empty 75g stock list?

Post  ChristopherSingsAlot 2012-12-24, 18:35

I just picked up a 75g acrylic. 48 x 18 i want to try a pair of salvinis and some tankmates. like possibly a pair of cons or a jd. would like a med sized shoal and a bottom dwelling shoal. an oddball like a bichir or peacock eel also.. filtration is a fluval 405 but iwll get a pair of aquaclears probly to throw on as well. any suggestions would be great.

ChristopherSingsAlot
Fry

Back to top Go down

75g stock list? Empty Re: 75g stock list?

Post  DMD123 2012-12-24, 19:05

Very nice size tank you got there. Having a breeding pair of cichlids in a community setting can be a bit of a challenge. Were you looking to raise the fry out to sell? If so I would not waste time on the Cons, they are so cheap you will get nothing for the babies.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2012-12-24, 19:36

Salvini can be an aggressive little fish even when they are not spawning. Honestly what would be cool in that tank would be some Nicaraguensis. (see FS add by Fish-n-VW in the market section)( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ). A beautiful fish. And a smaller Poly, (one that doesnt get beyond the 14" mark), not exactly sure what a shoal is, but if your talking about a shoal bass, they get to large.

Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2012-12-24, 19:50

A shoal of fish would be a group of community fish. Something that swims together like tetras or something.... Tank is too small for breeding cichlids, a jack, poly and a shoal of tetras...
1 pair of breeding cichlids would be okay but they may tear into any tank mates once they spawn Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2012-12-24, 19:54

ChristopherSingsAlot wrote: would like a med sized shoal and a bottom dwelling shoal. an oddball like a bichir or peacock eel also..

Oh, I C. The way it was worded threw me for a curve. Ya, if that is what you meant? There will be no shoaling in any way, with large Cichlids in the tank.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  ChristopherSingsAlot 2012-12-25, 00:00

Thanks for the suggestions guys. im not really looking to breed or sell. a pair of fish is just a sight to behold in my opinion. What do you guys think about a pair of salvinis, 10 - 15 giant danios, 10 - 15 cories and a peacock eel. or will the salvinis and eels eat the schooling fish? I want a bichir but i know they wont be compatible with danios or corys. i would like silver dollars but they get too big. any feedback would be much appreciated. happy holidays.

ChristopherSingsAlot
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2012-12-25, 17:48

barbs of some kinda are also a decent schooling option. plenty to choose from (my personal fav is the snakeskin barbs) should be in a recent tropical fish hobbyist. just my opinion. they also get larger then your average danios. another thing to consider is buenos aires tetras as they get some size to them.
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2012-12-25, 22:07

Australian Rainbows are also used by some. They can get a bit pricy compared to the giant danios but they are much more colorful.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down