Platy fry born this morning but only 9 alive....

2 posters

Go down

Platy fry born this morning but only 9 alive.... Empty Platy fry born this morning but only 9 alive....

Post  Ashley17 2011-09-21, 12:11

sunset platy fry born today but none are looking good at all .....their were dead ones at the bottom... but ill be watching the rest Smile
Ashley17
Ashley17

Back to top Go down

Platy fry born this morning but only 9 alive.... Empty Re: Platy fry born this morning but only 9 alive....

Post  sounguru 2011-09-21, 12:31

Could be that she stressed and dropped early I have had it happen with guppies and other live bearers before. What kind of cover do you have for the fry to hide in?
sounguru
sounguru
FishBox Member

Http://www.wartairsoft.com

Back to top Go down

Platy fry born this morning but only 9 alive.... Empty Re: Platy fry born this morning but only 9 alive....

Post  Ashley17 2011-09-21, 12:45

i have two bottom plants that are like grass.... one baby died the rest are swimming and looking fine now and i don't think she was stressed she was in a breeder thing i made that is pretty big for a breeder box like a 1ft by 10 inches and she was alone idk but the others are doing well at least
Ashley17
Ashley17

Back to top Go down

Post  sounguru 2011-09-21, 12:52

Cool to hear.... One of the tricks that really raised my fry survival back in the day was a luffa.

I would just hang 3 or 4 in the main tank and leave the females in and let them do their thing. The babes would all go to the Luffa and it gave them a place to hide and rest after birth plus avoid any hungry parents. That way no stress or even having to worry about when to move them in to a breeding trap.

I would say my production went up by 25%
sounguru
sounguru
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashley17 2011-09-21, 12:59

ok thank you but whats a luffa? lol
Ashley17
Ashley17

Back to top Go down

Post  sounguru 2011-09-21, 13:08

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
sounguru
sounguru
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashley17 2011-09-21, 13:33

ok Smile i know what thoughs are they really work well? ive been trying to think of ways to get them to stay alive without the breeder box Smile ty how well should i rinse them?
Ashley17
Ashley17

Back to top Go down

Post  sounguru 2011-09-21, 13:36

Ashley17 wrote:ok Smile i know what thoughs are they really work well? ive been trying to think of ways to get them to stay alive without the breeder box Smile ty how well should i rinse them?

Buy the cheap dollar ones they have no chemicals on them to make them soft. I just rinsed them in the sink to remove dust from the store and plopped them in the tank never had a problem. I used to put all three in one back corner and it provided a great fry holding station. The fry would settle in and move out to the main tank when they knew they were no longer in danger..

It was how I ended up with 125 molly fry in a 29 .... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
sounguru
sounguru
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashley17 2011-09-21, 14:00

lol ok sounds godo to me ill hit the store up next time we drive by Smile ill probly by like 6 lol Smile put two groups of three on both sides of the tank
Ashley17
Ashley17

Back to top Go down

Post  sounguru 2011-09-21, 14:03

Let me know how it works for ya...
sounguru
sounguru
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashley17 2011-09-21, 14:08

ok Smile
Ashley17
Ashley17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down