I'm Alive !

4 posters

Go down

I'm Alive ! Empty I'm Alive !

Post  me 2011-05-07, 23:31

Hey guys and gals, I tried to post this last night but it got deleted, so here it goes again...

I am Alive and well in Japan, sorry I didn't post sooner. Things are going well here, though my teeth and eys are glowing and at night I turn into a raging beast with green skin. So pretty much the same ol same ol.

I have seen some cool stuff here, including immaculately clean aquariums, and that's just in department stores. I honestly don't think there is such thing as a dirty tank in this country. I also have seen many Koi bordering on 3ft! seriously, and believe it or not I even saw a massive 4 ft koi at one of the larger Temples. This is the only temple we have seen where instead of a sign that says "Do not feed the Koi" there is a sign that says "You can feed the Koi", so this probably helps explain it. In that very large pond they were almost all over 3ft, but that 4ft one was huge. Saw it just as we crossed the bridge into the Temples grounds. It was all black. I got some video but because of the darkness of the water and the fish you can only see half the fish very vaguely.

I plan on going to a real tropical store soon, and will bring my camera. So look forward to some pics.

Me
me
me

Back to top Go down

I'm Alive ! Empty Re: I'm Alive !

Post  gobluecichlids 2011-05-07, 23:45

When are you heading back?
gobluecichlids
gobluecichlids
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  larry.beck 2011-05-08, 00:41

Hey Todd, great to hear from you! Glad that all is going well and you appear to have settled in. Next time Laura and I are headed to Japan we'll be sure to let you know, as I expect we might look to spend more time in Kyoto or elsewhere outside of Tokyo.
larry.beck
larry.beck
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Spyral 2011-05-08, 06:14

gobluecichlids wrote:When are you heading back?

I'm pretty sure he lives there full time now.

Todd, good to hear from you man!
Spyral
Spyral
Contributing Member

http://www.dinkypage.com/54184

Back to top Go down

Post  me 2011-05-08, 07:28

Let's just say I am here for the time being Wink

I am sorry to say that there is a huge cover up in not only Japan but the US regarding Fukushima. The real issue pertains to the number 3 reactor where huge amounts of Plutonium were released into the Sea and ATMOSPHERE. Actually 150,00 plus spent plutonium rods were blown sky high as they themselves Vaporized, exploded and melted. Any experts claiming there is no need to worry because plutonium is too heavy to go far are ill educated or paid off. In fact Plutonium when vaporized bonds with Oxygen as Plutonium Oxide, and in fact these spent rods already contained Plutonium Oxide before vaporizing. For seven days after the explosion the wind carried this directly to the West Coast of the US. They only mention the Iodine and Cesium levels because these are the least threatening and have the shortest shelf life, plus the average person could never afford a detector that will show plutonium levels. They usually start at around 100k. The US government however has the technology including spy satelites which can detect trace levels from space. Yet no info on plutonium levels outside of the fukushima are have been released. Funny aint it. For the record one dust partical of plutonium inhaled or ingested can cause fatal cancer. Enough of my rant, but for those of you as concerned as you should be, here are a couple links, the first one is heavy reading but well worth it, especially about half way down the page.

http://www.idealist.ws/contamination.php

me
me

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down