Madness's Umbee's and Jag's

2 posters

Go down

Madness's Umbee's and Jag's Empty Madness's Umbee's and Jag's

Post  Madness 2011-09-08, 22:45

A little look into the world of the Umbee.

Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Madness's Umbee's and Jag's Empty Re: Madness's Umbee's and Jag's

Post  VsKitchen 2011-09-09, 10:09

Very interresting. Do they each stay "on thier side" of the tank? It looked like curiousity in the left side wasn't really welcome.

VsKitchen

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-09-09, 11:39

The fish can easily get around the ends of that divider and definitely the top. They Don't though. The Umbee's (fish on the right) will venture over, but as you saw, the jags are quickly there protecting. (the jags have babies in the pot) The Jags on the other hand, really stay to their area, and dont really care whats on the other side. It has worked real well for aggression. Two of the most aggressive species, spawning in the same tank, and its working. Good thing, thats one less tank I have to set up. Very Happy
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  VsKitchen 2011-09-09, 12:30

Ahhh...that makes sense, especially as it seemed there was always 1 jag in the pot. Very cool that they can coexist so peacefully. Smile

VsKitchen

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-09-09, 12:38

Lots of practice. The jags have been with larger fish since they were 1", they have learned to coexist, and keep to themselves. The Umbees have been sharing there tank for the better part of a year with fish of like aggressiveness. Red Dvils, Dovii, 12 other Umbee, flower horn and Convicts. Its only been the last month that the Umbees have been alone. (almost alone) I was waiting for the dominant male to pick a bride before I removed the 2 of them.

Regardless of what people say, I have found that overstocking to a point, my fish at a small size, teaches them to coexist. It has worked wonders for me. I raise at least 8 of the top 10 most aggressive Cichlids out there, and they all coexist with each other.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down