Tank Decoration Questions

4 posters

Go down

Tank Decoration Questions Empty Tank Decoration Questions

Post  VsKitchen 2011-08-29, 09:41

I read a Betta care article where it talked about how to set up their tank recently. It essentially said there should be no rough edges because they'd catch their fins on whatever it was & they'd get torn. It advocated it for substrate and any decoration. What's been your experience with this topic?

While I'm debating my next fish purchase, my set up isn't totally smooth & I don't think I want to buy all new substrate or decorations - I like what I have. But I also don't want the tank environment to be detrimental to any inhabitants either... Question

VsKitchen

Back to top Go down

Tank Decoration Questions Empty Re: Tank Decoration Questions

Post  Rick 2011-08-29, 12:34

I've tryed acouple diffrent typs of decoration in my Betta tank. It's just a 2.5 gal with black gravel and a med. size rock that has holes in it. He likes swimming through the holes. he seams happy with this setup.The other setup had a fake root that took up about one third of the tank. He had less area to swim around, but still had the holes to swim through. When he see his reflection he will dive hard to the gravel and sometime hits it pretty hard, I have not seen any damage done by eather setup.
Rick
Rick
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Annie 2011-09-05, 03:58

Thats interesting that he dives into the gravel with his reflection. Do you think he is afraid of another male?
Annie
Annie
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  czeiszler 2011-09-05, 11:54

I have my female in the 29 tank with some rough edge rocks and I have never seen a problem. Casper is in a 1 gal quarintine tank with a filter and just gravel because he got sick recently and we thought we were going to lose him. I don't think we have really had anything rough in his tank though since he is my 8yos and she picked all her deco.
czeiszler
czeiszler

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick 2011-09-05, 13:10

I don't think he afraid of the reflection it's more like he just over agrgressive. I have noticed that he does it a lot less now then before. I think after hitting the bottom a few times he decide that other fish hits pretty dam hard.
Rick
Rick
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  czeiszler 2011-09-05, 13:16

haha Thats funny!!!
czeiszler
czeiszler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content