Picture of the Month (POTM) Rules and Guidelines

5 posters

Go down

Picture of the Month (POTM) Rules and Guidelines Empty Picture of the Month (POTM) Rules and Guidelines

Post  Admin 2010-05-03, 18:26

The picture must have been taken by you

The picture must be of your own fish/water living creature

You may only enter one photo per month

Your picture will be judged by the forum members using any criteria they wish

The pictures need to be in to me via email (mikeypb23@hotmail.com) by 2 days before the start of the month

Voting will start on the first of each month

The final winner will be announced on the last day of the month

Winner will not be able to participate in the following POTM contest

Voting and Photos submission is confidential

There will be an end of the year contest where the winner of each month compete against eachother

Breaking any of the rules will result in immediate disqualification of photo entry

PUT THIS INFO IN THE EMAIL ALONG WITH YOUR PICTURE ENTRY
Say who you are, along with your screen name
Say the species of fish in the picture.
The photo must not be smaller than 600x600

Most importantly, have fun! jocolor

Last edited by Admin on 2010-05-10, 20:09; edited 3 times in total

Admin
Admin

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Picture of the Month (POTM) Rules and Guidelines Empty Re: Picture of the Month (POTM) Rules and Guidelines

Post  sandnuka 2010-05-04, 01:53

Woooooo HOooooo, This is awesome! Thanks Admin..... I really have a good feeling about this.... Hopefully it will help things take off for this forum.

Few questions.... Will there be Voting????? Will the Entry be posted in this section of the forum??? What day do I have to have my picture entered to be in Junes Contest???? What size should my pictures be???? What is the prize for the winner??? Will there be a End of the year contest, (Like winners for every month takes best of 2010)???????

I liked the rules, all colorfull..... obviously we need a little more information...... lol
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Picture of the Month (POTM) Rules and Guidelines Empty Questions

Post  Kingstature 2010-05-04, 03:30

Are we to submit photos of Our fish? or the whole tanks?
Are we gonna be judged on how well photo was taken of my filter or How Great a fish looks in photo..
Or are we to take a picture of "anything" related to the hobby?
If so perhaps there should be two contests one for photos of set ups and Equipment and one for the Livestock... Just another random thought..
Kingstature
Kingstature
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Picture of the Month (POTM) Rules and Guidelines Empty Re: Picture of the Month (POTM) Rules and Guidelines

Post  Admin 2010-05-04, 10:32

Will there be Voting: At the end of the month, yes, there will be voting once I get enough pics sent to me.

Will the Entry be posted in this section of the forum??? I'm going to try and figure out how...

What day do I have to have my picture entered to be in Junes Contest???? Well you can still enter into March's Contest.
Have the pics in to me by the 15, then we'll start voting and the winner will be announced at the end of the month

What size should my pictures be???? Doesn't matter, just not tiny. I can adjust and resize for those that can't.

What is the prize for the winner??? If we get any sponsors in the future, the prize might be fish.. But for now your picture will be in the spot light. Very Happy

Will there be a End of the year contest, (Like winners for every month takes best of 2010)? YES! Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin 2010-05-04, 10:35

Are we to submit photos of Our fish? or the whole tanks? For now, we'll stick to livestock. Anything, including snails, african dwarf frogs, mollies, cichlids, you name it. No tanks at the moment.

Are we gonna be judged on how well photo was taken of my filter or How Great a fish looks in photo.. You will be judged on how our forum members vote on your picture. It is up to each individual to decide how, who and why they want to vote for who they did.

Or are we to take a picture of "anything" related to the hobby? Not yet. Maybe in the future.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Picture of the Month (POTM) Rules and Guidelines Empty Your on top of it admin!

Post  sandnuka 2010-05-05, 00:51

Thanks Admin,

You are really on top of this stuff..... I think your doin a great job.... and loved the answers to all the questions.... Thanks for clearin everything up. OH yeah, Members only can vote right??? and we only get one vote per month??? I think this is the best way to keep things fair.... your call, your the boss.

One last thing, When we send in our pictures to mike lets put some info in the email....
1. Say who you are, Screen name in here.
2. Say the species of fish in the picture.
3. The name of your photograph
4. I think 600x600 is a good size, so if you can, do not make it smaller than that.

Last edited by sandnuka on 2010-05-05, 13:21; edited 1 time in total
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin 2010-05-05, 01:23

sandnuka wrote:Thanks Admin,

You are really on top of this stuff..... I think your doin a great job.... and loved the answers to all the questions.... Thanks for clearin everything up. OH yeah, Members only can vote right??? and we only get one vote per month??? I think this is the best way to keep things fair.... your call, your the boss.

Thanks Smile Yes, only members can vote. One vote per contest, per person.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Picture of the Month (POTM) Rules and Guidelines Empty Added RULE to POTM contest

Post  sandnuka 2010-05-27, 01:45

I have added a rule to POTM contest... Winner will not be able to participate in the following POTM contest.... just one month you will be out. This way we will not get the same winner every month due to a great camera, amazing fish, etc.
Thanks for your understanding... Good Luck Contestants!!! PRIZE will be awarded for junes winner!!! YIPPEE!
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaosu 2010-11-30, 20:48

. can you submit more than one pic?
Kaosu
Kaosu
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  stierwalt3 2010-11-30, 21:40

Just one Very Happy
stierwalt3
stierwalt3
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down