A few things I learned this morning

5 posters

Go down

A few things I learned this morning Empty A few things I learned this morning

Post  Betty 2010-11-19, 14:46

Always check to be sure that all filters have come back on and are working properly after a power outage -- even if they have always restarted without problems in the past.

AquaClear filters will not function properly if the blades of the impeller are installed upside down after taking apart for cleaning. Embarassed

AquaClear filters will not function properly if the little plastic knob on the top of the intake tube gets broken off somehow. It sucks air, not water. (The part that sticks up above the top to adjust the flow.)

Duct tape has it's limits.

I wonder if a dab of silicone will plug the hole?
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

A few things I learned this morning Empty Re: A few things I learned this morning

Post  alexmuw 2010-11-19, 15:11

Silicone should work, or hot glue gun.

Good luck

alexmuw

Back to top Go down

A few things I learned this morning Empty Re: A few things I learned this morning

Post  Fern 2010-11-19, 21:01

silicone will fix the hole.

Ya, I always run around and check all my filters after a power outage, Learned that the hard way too.
They don't work so well after you step on them either.......
Fern
Fern

Back to top Go down

Post  icer711 2010-11-20, 01:24

Betty wrote:Always check to be sure that all filters have come back on and are working properly after a power outage -- even if they have always restarted without problems in the past.

AquaClear filters will not function properly if the blades of the impeller are installed upside down after taking apart for cleaning. Embarassed

AquaClear filters will not function properly if the little plastic knob on the top of the intake tube gets broken off somehow. It sucks air, not water. (The part that sticks up above the top to adjust the flow.)

Duct tape has it's limits.

I wonder if a dab of silicone will plug the hole?

betty let me know if it doesn't work the wetspot sell them and probably get you one some time next week... the tube part that is ... but the silicone should work just need that 24 hrs to cure
icer711
icer711
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Billiethekid 2010-11-20, 02:54

duct tape has no limits... just we haven't been able to tap into its limitless powers...
Billiethekid
Billiethekid
FishBox Member

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/andrew.arcand

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2010-11-22, 18:02

Billiethekid wrote:duct tape has no limits... just we haven't been able to tap into its limitless powers...

Maybe I wasn't using enough of it. Very Happy

My tube of silicone was hardened into a giant gob that wouldn't come out of the tube, so I used some Aquamend that I had and it's working great. Since you can use it underwater, I had it back up and running in no time. Puffy
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down