PokeSephiroth's 15 Gallon Pea Puffer Tank

2 posters

Go down

PokeSephiroth's 15 Gallon Pea Puffer Tank Empty PokeSephiroth's 15 Gallon Pea Puffer Tank

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-08-18, 22:27

Out with the old, in with the...not-so-old-but-not-so-new-either!

TLDR - Swapped tanks, 10 gallon shrimp tank with 15 gallon pea puffer tank. Yay.

So, on a whim, I decided to swap the 15 gallon tank that I was using to house my Bettas (underneath the axolotl tank) and put that one where my 10 gallon planted "shrimp" tank was, that was on the shelf. I figured since both of the tanks have the same foot print, with the 15 gallon being taller, it wouldn't be a hard location switch.

So, I drained all the water in both tanks, put the bettas in other tanks, to free up the 15 gallon, because I had planned on using that tank for the two pea puffers that I got from bronzefighter. Whom, I still have to pay btw. *mental note*

Overall look isn't exactly what I have planned out, so I will still be switching stuff out and moving things around. I also plan on adding more pea puffers when the Co-Op ever gets them in again. Alas, here's what I have so far Very Happy

PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

PokeSephiroth's 15 Gallon Pea Puffer Tank Empty Re: PokeSephiroth's 15 Gallon Pea Puffer Tank

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-08-18, 22:49

Spot On - nice start. Is that a big ball of fissidens?
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

PokeSephiroth's 15 Gallon Pea Puffer Tank Empty Re: PokeSephiroth's 15 Gallon Pea Puffer Tank

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-08-18, 22:56

fishNAbowl: Thanks!! Smile And no, that's a big ball of ....uh. Pelia...or is it Subwassertang? The growths are roundish, instead of jagged. lol.

I had that huge clump growing in the 10 gallon shrimp tank, but thought that it would look neat in the 15 gallon. I'm still on the fence on it though, I might end up putting it back in the 10 gallon tank where it came from.

Here it is when it was still a smaller clump, in the 10 gallon shrimp tank:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's about the size of a huge grape fruit now, if that makes any sense lol! =P

btw, that fissidens moss you gave me a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago, I sold most of it to the store, and kept a small clump of it to grow some more (my goodness, it's been like what... over a year since you gave that to me?)

Any thoughts on how many pea puffers I can successfully cram in that 15 gallon? I find that 2 seems a bit empty, and I think they'd like more friends. Granted, they are pretty nippy, but... well yeah. =P
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-08-18, 23:12

It has been a long time poke. I still am unable to grow fissidens well. I have a bit but it won't grow... I am not sure what the differnce between Subwassertang and pella is. I have this stuff growing in nooks and crannys in my 140.

In my 9.5 I had 4 dwarf puffers. They did good together for a while. They kind of got bashfull after a while. It was like they established territories in the plants and hid out. Then would dart out when I fed them.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-08-18, 23:32

It's weird, it may be because they're in a new tank, but the two are always following each other. It's pretty cute how they tag along one another. They aren't chasing each other around... just kinda swimming together, all buddy buddy.
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down