good quatily endlers and guppies?

3 posters

Go down

good quatily endlers and guppies? Empty good quatily endlers and guppies?

Post  fishyladdy 2014-08-12, 16:00

so i got from a nice older lady about hmm 50 or so guppies and endlers. the enlders in the batch are amazing.
they are red and black with bits or green but not much. ill try to get some pics later when i find a camera.
id like to slowly take out the guppies and go all endlers and get a good batch of them going anyone else here breed these guys??
even the guppies i have are good quailty the females are huge!! at least 2 inches never seen a guppies that big in my life.
anyways id like to see everyone elses guppies and endler Smile)
fishyladdy
fishyladdy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

good quatily endlers and guppies? Empty Re: good quatily endlers and guppies?

Post  KaraWolf 2014-08-12, 21:46

I have 2 sets I'm trying to breed. One from some one local that's bright yellow with black spots and then from the "famous" endler breeder that are supposed to be a mix of his fabulous tiger endlers but I've only got one male and 2 females left and a million fry. Waiting for them to show colors Razz I think I have a zillion females. My outside ones have gotten MASSIVE even though they're younger then the inside ones. Don't have pics at the moment.
Also have 2 regular colored males by themselves in my 2 gallon
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishyladdy 2014-08-13, 13:48

I love to see some pics if u get a chance Smile
They sound pretty!
fishyladdy
fishyladdy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KaraWolf 2014-08-13, 23:34

Ill try when I go back home Smile and sift through the old pics too
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishyladdy 2014-08-14, 01:03

Yay Smile
fishyladdy
fishyladdy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2014-08-14, 01:13

Ok, here's a crazy question for you two:  to me endlers and guppies look the same. I doubt I could tell them apart and would probably just call them all guppies.

So what's the actual difference between the two?  I used to have closer to 200 guppies ( my sons old tank was a breeding haven for those little rabbits)  in all types of tails and colors and patterns including ones that looked like the tiger endlers I just googled.  Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  KaraWolf 2014-08-14, 10:28

Welllllll......its debated wether they're the same but its agreed they are related.
Over all endlers are smaller if you have a mixed tank of male endlers and guppies the endlers are the tiny ones. Pure endler females are drab brown/bronze with no other color whatsoever. Guppies have some color. And because tthy two can be bred and most endlers are hybreds it gets hard to tell. I wouldn't be able to except that I know my females came from one one else's tank and are hybreds same as my males. Endlers leave the fry almost completely alone and don't eat them while guppies see them as dinner lol
One of the petsmarts in puyallup almost ALWAYS has 2-3 mmale endler hybrids in their male guppy tank and its so blaringly obvious there that they're different both because of the size difference and the fact that they only ever have the traditional endler colors. The petsmart in Lakewood got a full shipment of some really cool non traditional endlers and they were breeding. Was nice to see the new guy working the department hadn't separated them out into guppy tanks by sex but had them in their own tank. P.s. he's a fish finatic like us lol
Traditional, almost wild caught colors [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Feels like it took forever (it didn't really lol) but I found a pic of what I'm taking about sizewise. The blue ones are guppies the other is an endler. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
From here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2014-08-15, 22:16

Thanks for the info! I think I might have just called them adult and sub adult guppies when I had them a few years back.... Haha.  
Beautiful little fish in those pics too
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down