anyone breeding guppies right now?

4 posters

Go down

anyone breeding guppies right now? Empty anyone breeding guppies right now?

Post  hobbyorobsession 2014-07-04, 21:57

I'm fiddling with some guppies and was wondering if anyone else is doing the same? If so what color and fin structure are you going for?

currently I am crossing blue panda males with yellow cobra females.

and pinkish orange fined males with yellow cobra females. as these were the two types I had on hand.

I may cross something back with yellow cobra males later.

going to make some monsters.
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

anyone breeding guppies right now? Empty Re: anyone breeding guppies right now?

Post  KaraWolf 2014-07-05, 02:40

I'm attempting some endlers. Smile but. They don't like the outdoor pond for some reason Sad there are still enough to breed but definatly less then I put in D': but I don't have an inside tank for them yet.I've got yellow "tiger" endlers and some really cool looking orange and yellow ones that are stripey/spotted. There are a bajillion stript fry inside (squating in my quarintine tank >< )but the tigers went straight to the pond and I haven't seen any babies Sad so the babies I have get to stay! Until I have another tank at least. No matter how much I want to get to stocking the 55…
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LuminousAphid 2014-07-05, 02:58

trying to breed out a half black trait from a guppy i got at petsmart haha.... she is a very productive female with a very distinct black back half, so i picked her up to see if i can actually get any half black males. no real strategy involved except to grow out the babies and see how many of those will breed true for the trait. lots of the babies obviously have the half black trait already, so I am hopeful i can get some half black males and maybe cross those out to another nicer strain in the future

obviously mine aren't anything super great genetics wise, but i would be up for trading if any of mine turn out to breed true down the line, if you are interested in half black
LuminousAphid
LuminousAphid
Lifetime Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9ckEZaAig5YXpVLIvU1qjg

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2014-07-05, 22:09

very cool, thanks for sharing everyone
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiisai 2014-07-07, 00:43

Well I am breeding guppies.. but nothing particular. I have a communit tank of guppies and I just have a bit of a mix in there. I have been adding cobra females to try to get the cobra pattern and then a variety of males.. Getting some interesting color/patters I might try to keep.
Chiisai
Chiisai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down