Bristlenose pleco possibly holding eggs??

3 posters

Go down

Bristlenose pleco possibly holding eggs??  Empty Bristlenose pleco possibly holding eggs??

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-04-24, 00:02

Wow, so this is my first pleco to be pregnant (holding eggs) I have ever had. I just want to make sure that's what I think it is and not an internal parasite issue possibly. She is quite healthy and should be of age to start reproducing, no male is in the tank to know of yet. However, she did get large suddenly after introducing the 5 LF chocolate bristlenose to her tank. So maybe the introduction of them sparked her interest. lol None of them are of age yet to reproduce or even to sex yet though.

So, with that all said. Here are two pictures I got of her tonight to see what your opinions are. All fish in the tank are healthy and no issues seeming to be parasite problems.

Put her in a yogurt cup temporarily to get a better picture of her.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And belly view when I first netted her to see what the deal was.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Bristlenose pleco possibly holding eggs??  Empty Re: Bristlenose pleco possibly holding eggs??

Post  Nick_87 2014-04-24, 01:41

Looks like she's ready to lay to me. Get her a man and a cave and you'll have 100 babies!
Nick_87
Nick_87

Back to top Go down

Bristlenose pleco possibly holding eggs??  Empty Re: Bristlenose pleco possibly holding eggs??

Post  iandraco 2014-04-24, 10:11

+1
iandraco
iandraco

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-04-24, 10:14

Lol I have LF juvys I'm growing to breed I'm trying to decide if I want her to be hybrid breeding with the LF or keep them pure.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down