ISO: Long Fin Bristlenose Pleco pair (not ABN)

2 posters

Go down

ISO: Long Fin Bristlenose Pleco pair (not ABN) Empty ISO: Long Fin Bristlenose Pleco pair (not ABN)

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-04-02, 11:55

I have been looking for a long fin bristlenose pair and can't find any. Aqua bid doesn't even have any. :/ I can buy a 6 pack of juveniles and try for a pair that route but I would really rather just get a pair if I can find them for a decent price. I'm not too savy on the online fish purchase sites. If anyone can help direct me in other places to look I would greatly appreciate it.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

ISO: Long Fin Bristlenose Pleco pair (not ABN) Empty Re: ISO: Long Fin Bristlenose Pleco pair (not ABN)

Post  DMD123 2014-04-02, 12:31

The Wet Spot in Portland usually has them and the shipping up to Washington is like $25.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

ISO: Long Fin Bristlenose Pleco pair (not ABN) Empty Re: ISO: Long Fin Bristlenose Pleco pair (not ABN)

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-04-02, 13:07

They are juvy's too. 1" at $10 each I can get a 2" aquabid for $4 with cheaper shipping. I'm looking for adult pairs more so. Don't want to have to rehome after I get pairs.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-04-02, 13:08

Starting to look like it may be my only option though.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-04-02, 14:01

A while back a fishbox member used to sell tons of bristlenose plecos, I have not seen her in a while but you could try to PM her and ask. Kianna is the members name.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-04-02, 15:45

Okay, I pm'd a guy I got two bristlenose from a while ago as well. I called my LFS asking if they would buy Starlite and LF bushy nose from me and he said he'd pay me $3 each for as many as I can bring in! I'm excited. I really want to get the ball rolling on this I have a perfect grow out tank and a 30 gallon I can put a pair in to breed!
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-04-02, 15:54

I know they breed pretty easy and have a good resale value. Been thinking about it myself.... would maybe consider something a bit more on the rare side like a super red.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-04-02, 16:04

There are super red's on aquabid right now for seemed to be decent prices. I contacted Kianna looks like she was on here this morning. Smile Would the babies once hatched grow out fine in a 2.5gal bare bottom with driftwood and a sponge filter until taken to the LFS? Or should I set up a 5gal instead? Parents are going into my 30gal.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-04-02, 16:11

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down