Huge fish tank bursts at Downtown Disney restaurant

+3
DMD123
ShortyKiloGyrl
anderson_p_r
7 posters

Go down

Huge fish tank bursts at Downtown Disney restaurant Empty Huge fish tank bursts at Downtown Disney restaurant

Post  anderson_p_r 2014-03-18, 11:57

anderson_p_r
anderson_p_r

Back to top Go down

Huge fish tank bursts at Downtown Disney restaurant Empty Re: Huge fish tank bursts at Downtown Disney restaurant

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-03-18, 12:07

I just read this on another page. Sad and scary. I wonder what really happened as to what caused it to split?! Someone said that there is a fake meteor shower that happens and is loud so maybe it was the vibrations? From what I heard its the "Tanked" guys who installed it. The fact is was possibly a seam raises more questions.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Huge fish tank bursts at Downtown Disney restaurant Empty Re: Huge fish tank bursts at Downtown Disney restaurant

Post  DMD123 2014-03-18, 12:22

I always fear this with my acrylic tank. There is something comforting about the bead of silicone and plastic frame that holds a glass tank together.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-03-18, 13:43

Do you think the guy standing there and waving had any idea what would have happened to him had the whole front of that tank burst? OMgosh...he would have been swept away...  affraid 
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MRTom 2014-03-18, 14:08

It looks like it was a cylinder tank with a vertical seam, and the water was coming out of the broken seam, rather than a crack in the acrylic... so I'm guessing he felt safe thinking the acrylic wasn't going to burst Smile

That, or he was thinking it would make for a great LNI claim. I would have! Wink

We've all had a seal fail at one point or another... that's part of having an aquarium. Glad to hear the fish and people were safe!
MRTom
MRTom
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-03-18, 15:24

DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-03-18, 15:30

I've never had a tank fail (*knock on woOd). Seeing all these horror stories makes me wanna stop spending so much time here. Can't bare the thought, ugh.

What about the fish? Can they file an LNI claim, I mean they were the only ones effected, lol!

Hate to be the sUcker sitting at the bar in front of the split, DOH!!!
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  poffman 2014-03-18, 16:05

Kudos to the employees for saving the fishies Smile
poffman
poffman
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-03-18, 16:25

I've read now that the Tanked guys did not install this tank but another in the same restaurant.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down