local aquarium hobbyists

2 posters

Go down

local aquarium hobbyists Empty local aquarium hobbyists

Post  Guest 2010-04-20, 01:25

Hey every one, I think I might be the youngest one on here (16) but im really into fish.
I have a 230 gallon aquarium, yes quite large but im interested in the larger of freshwater fish,
some of my fish may include my 2 pacus (hense the name) a full grown tinfoil barb, 4 smaller barbs,
2 bala sharks, dinosaur bichir, fire eel, a large pangasius catfish, and my big plecostomus.
I am filtering my tank with 2 aqua clear 110's and a rena xp4 canister filter, im planning on getting another xp4.
I have black sand on the bottem of the tank, I also have big fresh water logs I have removed from the snoqualmie river,
these logs do make the water a little murky because of the tannin that they give of but these freshwater logs can make your tank
water heather then a normal one by boosting the immune system of the fish and relieving stress also increaseing there appetite
and just inproving there over all life, well Im glad to have joined this forum and hopeing its going to be a big help.

jon afro

Back to top Go down

local aquarium hobbyists Empty Greetings

Post  Brenn 2010-04-20, 09:59

Nice to meet you Pacu. Ever thought of heavily planting your tank including CO2 injection?
Brenn
Brenn
Fry

Back to top Go down

local aquarium hobbyists Empty Re: local aquarium hobbyists

Post  Mikey 2010-04-20, 17:13

Welcome Jon, you are the youngest so far! But it's good to have you. Seems like you have a nice setup over there! Keep up the good work cheers
Mikey
Mikey
Contributing Member

http://www.wafishbox.com

Back to top Go down

local aquarium hobbyists Empty fish tank

Post  Guest 2010-04-20, 23:53

thanks guys, im actually replaceing 2 of my big bog logs that I had in my tank, it was making it to murky and I plan to plant stuff instead of the logs.

Back to top Go down

local aquarium hobbyists Empty Re: local aquarium hobbyists

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down