Request: Pictures of your Scarlet Badis

2 posters

Go down

Request: Pictures of your Scarlet Badis Empty Request: Pictures of your Scarlet Badis

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-03-05, 18:11

I'm wondering if anyone can post pics of their own Scarlet Badis. I'm very interested in getting a group for a planted tank, however, I would like to see some true pictures of them at home in your own aquariums. Not the 'this is a male in spawn in perfect water conditions fed perfect food brightly colored up' to make them look amazing when they look different in your home pictures. Lol
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Request: Pictures of your Scarlet Badis Empty Re: Request: Pictures of your Scarlet Badis

Post  BallardFishGuy 2014-03-05, 21:33

Here are mine...two males who are amazing!  And this is even better than pics.... here they are in my planted 29g.

BallardFishGuy
BallardFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Request: Pictures of your Scarlet Badis Empty Re: Request: Pictures of your Scarlet Badis

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-03-05, 21:56

So they aren't as bright as in the pictures which I was wondering about. I want some bright colors nano fish for a 5 gallon well planted tank. A fluval spec v.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  BallardFishGuy 2014-03-05, 22:02

They are bright and worked well also in my Fluval Spec (2g) however if you want smaller and nice color you could go with a school of Boraras brigittae – Mosquito Rasbora ...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

....I have these guys too, very small and colorful, although I will say this is a professional picture under great light and they don't always look this red.
BallardFishGuy
BallardFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-03-05, 22:19

How many did you put in your fluval 2g? Are they territorial/aggressive? I was going to add 6 to a 5 gallon.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  BallardFishGuy 2014-03-05, 22:24

I only put them in my 29g and I think I have 10 - 12...they are REALLy peaceful and a little shy, but they school together nicely and as far as stocking that depends what else you put in with them. If there were no other fish I would think you could have 8- 10 in there as they don't get over 3/4''. I bought mine from Cory/Aquarium Co-Op when he first opened but i'm sure he stocks them when he can get them.
BallardFishGuy
BallardFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-03-05, 22:40

I was thinking just them or I had two other fish I was considering, but to do like they say in schools of 6 for tetras then I wouldn't be able to do the 2 I was thinking. Glad to know I could put that many in there. Wetspot has them for sale on aquabid and they are only about 2 hours from me.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down