My bettas

4 posters

Go down

My bettas Empty My bettas

Post  Betty 2014-02-06, 01:23

Took a few pictures of my two bettas and thought I share.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

My bettas Empty Re: My bettas

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-02-06, 01:30

Wow the tail on that one is AMAZING!  Shocked I wish I could get betta's to live for more than a couple of years. :/
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-02-06, 07:42

Beautiful bettas....the top one with the orange and dragon scale is awesome. Love it.

When I see pics of bettas I always want more. Every time I go in a fish store, I look at all the bettas...it drives John nuts. He tells me "you know you don't have room for more of those"....I just make my pouty face and pick out my favorites anyway. Then I spend the whole rest of the shopping thinking about those silly bettas and how I want to have a wall of bettas. That would be cool...how many 5 gallon tanks (although my bettas are in 10's and 20's but 5 gallons would be enough I think with really good water) can you fit into a given space and what are the weight limit issues with that...LOL. I need serious betta help.

Great pics Betty.
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-02-06, 11:43

cichlid-gal wrote:That would be cool...how many 5 gallon tanks (although my bettas are in 10's and 20's but 5 gallons would be enough I think with really good water) can you fit into a given space and what are the weight limit issues with that...LOL.  I need serious betta help.

Great pics Betty.

Well if you think in regards to bigger tanks and weight space. Say a 125 gallon, that means you could have 25 - 5 gallon tanks stacked. Smile 25 bettas? That's a good amount right?
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-02-06, 12:12

ShortyKiloGyrl wrote:
cichlid-gal wrote:That would be cool...how many 5 gallon tanks (although my bettas are in 10's and 20's but 5 gallons would be enough I think with really good water) can you fit into a given space and what are the weight limit issues with that...LOL.  I need serious betta help.

Great pics Betty.

Well if you think in regards to bigger tanks and weight space. Say a 125 gallon, that means you could have 25 - 5 gallon tanks stacked. :)25 bettas? That's a good amount right?

Sketchup project for John...LOL...its the weight distribution...need to set down with a calculator and figure dimensions on this project along with weight distribution...might work. Just not sure of all the load requirments.
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  poffman 2014-02-06, 12:19

cichlid-gal wrote:Beautiful bettas....the top one with the orange and dragon scale is awesome. Love it.

When I see pics of bettas I always want more.  Every time I go in a fish store, I look at all the bettas...it drives John nuts. He tells me "you know you don't have room for more of those"....I just make my pouty face and pick out my favorites anyway.  Then I spend the whole rest of the shopping thinking about those silly bettas and how I want to have a wall of bettas.  That would be cool...how many 5 gallon tanks (although my bettas are in 10's and 20's but 5 gallons would be enough I think with really good water) can you fit into a given space and what are the weight limit issues with that...LOL.  I need serious betta help.

Great pics Betty.

My wife, Heather, does the same thing. She would bring back every single Betta if i'd let her... She keeps me from buying tanks I keep her from buying Bettas. LOL  bounce 
poffman
poffman
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-02-06, 15:38

poffman wrote:

My wife, Heather, does the same thing. She would bring back every single Betta if i'd let her... She keeps me from buying tanks I keep her from buying Bettas. LOL  bounce 

Sounds like a very good match poffman!!!
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2014-02-07, 01:09

I have the dragon scale in a small 2.5 gallon tank. He's been in there a long time. I brought him home because he was the ugliest looking one and I thought no one would want to buy him. 2.5 isn't big, but it seems big enough and it's better than a cup!

Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down