hobbyorobsession
bronzefighter
fishNAbowl
Aquarium Co-Op
10 posters

Go down

Looking for aquatic article writers Empty Looking for aquatic article writers

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2013-12-31, 13:39

I'm working on launching the new website for Aquarium Co-Op. I'm interested in having articles posted to the blog section like I used to write myself for tankgeek.com. I'd give you a list of topics, you'd write an article about one of them etc.

I can provide store credit, products to try out and review etc. For serious individuals who can product a few articles a week we can talk a cash payment per article deal.

Happy new year!
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Looking for aquatic article writers Empty Re: Looking for aquatic article writers

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-12-31, 16:26

Shocked 
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Looking for aquatic article writers Empty Re: Looking for aquatic article writers

Post  bronzefighter 2013-12-31, 18:37

fishNAbowl wrote:Shocked 

cheers
bronzefighter
bronzefighter

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2013-12-31, 19:39

post a topic list
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2013-12-31, 19:44

Here's a quick list to choose from.

Corydoras Pygmaeus
Pennywort
Dwarf Baby Tears
Briggitae Rasbora
Blue Velvet Shrimp
Heterandria Formosa
Micro Worm Culture
Pseudomugil Furcatus
Ludwigia Sp Red
Bamboo Shrimp
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  MRTom 2013-12-31, 22:46

Got any more guidelines for what you're looking for? Like an article on breeding bamboo shrimp? Or general keeping parameter for bamboo shrimp? Or general fish topics like nano fish tank maintenance for fish like briggitae rasbora?
MRTom
MRTom
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KaraWolf 2014-01-01, 01:17

This sounds like it could be SOOO much fun. But my experiences aint squat to others here Smile
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2014-01-01, 01:50

Something like this http://www.tankgeek.com/2012/05/18/java-fern/

I'm looking for it to appeal to general people. So for instance we might talk about spawning shrimp etc, but probably wouldn't talk about zebra plecos as it would be out of most people's realm of possibilities.
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  LuminousAphid 2014-01-02, 00:54

I will write things in trade for fish stuff.

That sounds like an excellent deal!

edit: also, here's my article on Dwarf Baby Tears:

Dwarf Baby Tears
Don't do it.

By Ryan Penrod
LuminousAphid
LuminousAphid
Lifetime Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9ckEZaAig5YXpVLIvU1qjg

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2014-01-02, 01:35

nicely done there. my article on dwarf baby tears goes as follows...

grow on the window-cill under static cling plastic...easy peasy
by dan
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ripples 2014-01-02, 01:45

Are you going to select a handful of individuals to do this regularly or can we all write an article on the topics and you will just pick the one you like best?

I would love to write some articles for fun, if I can get around to it with my busy work schedule.. This is right up my ally! Lol
Ripples
Ripples
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2014-01-02, 01:48

I'd say if you start writing an article post up the topic so someone else doesn't do the same work. But until I find a regular writer, yeah up for grabs for people to do some test pieces. You're always welcome to write articles to help the hobby Smile
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Ripples 2014-01-02, 03:57

Sweet Smile I will try to do so as soon as I can.
Ripples
Ripples
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-01-02, 09:44

KaraWolf wrote:This sounds like it could be SOOO much fun. But my experiences aint squat to others here Smile

It would be like studying for a topic, then writing an essay a couple times a week. Sure 20 years experience would probably help, but that's not logical to expect. Anyone could do this as long as they got writing skills I'm sure. Even though I have been in this hobby 6 years- every topic that comes up I would not assume I knew it all & still do some research. There is so much I don't know. This would also be a good opportunity for a anyone to learn more about the hobby, and learn quickly due to the fact there would be research involved.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2014-01-02, 13:24

Also, someone newer to the hobby tends to cover more ground on a topic because it's new to them. Someone super experienced takes things for granted. I've written an article about water changes that was pages long. Not once did I mention dechlorinator..... lol. I talked about chemistry, why we do it etc. And yet following my paper people would do harm to their aquarium because I took for granted that they'd know to use dechlorinator.
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2014-01-02, 14:10

It wouldn't bad to have several articles on the same topic, to have some comparison as we all do stuff in different ways.
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jubs 2014-01-11, 02:08

Cory I can do some on Corydoras and some plants if you'd like, give me a list of all the cories you want done as well as plants. I would offer DIY articles as I have written a ton of them over the years but I think that might defeat the purpose of having a retail store lol!

Justin
Jubs
Jubs
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2014-01-11, 02:10

Start with Sterbai Very Happy
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Peylix 2014-01-21, 09:07

I'm pretty good with words but I feel that I am too new in the hobby to really contribute. As I have very little experiance with pretty much anything. XD
Peylix
Peylix
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down