Top 10 Biggest Cichlid article

3 posters

Go down

Top 10 Biggest Cichlid article Empty Top 10 Biggest Cichlid article

Post  Addicted2CAs 2013-01-01, 11:50

Somewhat older, just stumbled across it looking up cichlid pics. Not sure I fully agree with it, though it is cool to see a few africans on there.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Addicted2CAs
Addicted2CAs

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Biggest Cichlid article Empty Re: Top 10 Biggest Cichlid article

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-01-01, 13:43

I love Practical Fishkeeping ... articles and videos are invaluable... I was just looking at a bunch of their aquascaping articles this morning ... great stuff and thank you for sharing Very Happy
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-01-01, 16:34

The bay snook is mentioned, and they do get big, but there are many other fish that appear bigger due to their build. An example would be the H. Pearsei that I am trying to raise. Because of its high body and thick cut, this is a LARGE fish. Males have the potential of getting 16-17".
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Addicted2CAs 2013-01-02, 11:40

DMD123 wrote:The bay snook is mentioned, and they do get big, but there are many other fish that appear bigger due to their build. An example would be the H. Pearsei that I am trying to raise. Because of its high body and thick cut, this is a LARGE fish. Males have the potential of getting 16-17".

I have to agree. I was just happened to be looking up green snooks, super cool looking fish. Anyhow, they are certainly going off total length. There are so many cichlids that get huge in the height and thickness categories that the list would be massive. Hmmm maybe I'll start a list based off those criteria when I get home, for fun!
Addicted2CAs
Addicted2CAs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down