Cool gadget - Current Single Ramp Timer

2 posters

Go down

Cool gadget - Current Single Ramp Timer Empty Cool gadget - Current Single Ramp Timer

Post  DMD123 2013-11-08, 12:41

I just installed my new Current Single Ramp Timer and am very impressed! I have always used digital timers for my lights but hated how sudden the light would come on and startle the fish. On my 210g I have two types of lights and two different timers to create a dusk to dawn effect. On my 72g bow I decided to try this new timer and was happy to see how mild the fish reacted to the lights coming on this morning. No sudden start up just a smooth 15 min. gradual increase in light. And tonight a smooth gradual decrease.

This is the unit:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This unit only works with a 12V DC set up, like on LED lighting. It goes in line, with the little barrel type plugs. It is a bit pricy at about $35 but I feel well worth it.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Cool gadget - Current Single Ramp Timer Empty Re: Cool gadget - Current Single Ramp Timer

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2013-11-09, 01:41

Wheres the 15 minute time lapse video?!
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Cool gadget - Current Single Ramp Timer Empty Re: Cool gadget - Current Single Ramp Timer

Post  DMD123 2013-11-09, 11:36

Aquarium Co-Op wrote:Wheres the 15 minute time lapse video?!
LMFAO  that would be one boring video. The timer is on the bichir tank so not a whole lot to watch.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-12-13, 16:39

So Ive had this running a while and wanted to add a bit to it. I still like the unit a lot but am kind of disappointed in a few things.

1. When the dusk setting sets in, the tail end before the light turns off is kind of drastic, seems like it should be smoother.

2. I can not use this with my Satellite+ fixtures. Let me clarify that one. The instructions say you can use it but only in the on/off mode with no ramping. They have clarified that a bit from what Ive been reading. You can use the ramping as long as you are using a basic color with no effects turned on. Well that would be great but.... my two 36" fixtures exceed the rating on the unit. I cant use a y adapter and bigger power supply. This was from Current USA themselves on that one. They recommend the new dual channel ramp timer soon to be released. I wish they would have just made a 6 ft LED fixture with the ramp timer built in. I know that they probably never will due to shipping issues with a fixture that size.

DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down