+5
Paintguy
cichlid-gal
DMD123
lloyd378
Madness
9 posters

Go down

Pleco Time (UPDATE)  "Please add with" Empty Pleco Time (UPDATE) "Please add with"

Post  Madness 2013-07-17, 00:07

I have been trying to get some decent pictures of my plecos, and I finally got one of my Favs and I have to show it off first.

this is a L075 Para Pleco
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

L333 yellow King Tiger

L029 Vampire

LDA033 Snowball

L114 Leopard Cactus

L081 Gold Nugget

L264 Sultan
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Will add more as soon as I find them.

Last edited by madness on 2013-07-29, 14:55; edited 2 times in total
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Pleco Time (UPDATE)  "Please add with" Empty Re: Pleco Time (UPDATE) "Please add with"

Post  lloyd378 2013-07-17, 00:09

that golden vampire reminds me of some of the sharks at point defiance
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Pleco Time (UPDATE)  "Please add with" Empty Re: Pleco Time (UPDATE) "Please add with"

Post  DMD123 2013-07-17, 00:20

The L114 Leopard Cactus is my favorite.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-07-17, 00:45

A few more

L239 Blue Panaque/ L018 Gold Nugget
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]

Another Vampire L029

L260 Queen Arabesque

L190 Royal Pleco

I have about 20 more plecos, but unfortunately rarely see them. lol I will update as I catch them. Thanks for looking. Smile
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-07-17, 08:11

Thanks for sharing Madness. Those are all awesome and so unique. Looking forward to seeing more.
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-07-17, 08:46

Very nice collection of exotics! Thanks for sharing Madness.

Back to top Go down

Post  Paintguy 2013-07-17, 11:56

Wow.. you must have spent a long time finding all of those. Looks great.
Paintguy
Paintguy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2013-07-18, 12:42

All really cool. I don't think I could pick a favorite. Are they all singles or do you have any pairs?
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-07-18, 13:13

Betty wrote:All really cool.  I don't think I could pick a favorite. Are they all singles or do you have any pairs?

All singles. I tried to put the Vampires together but they just fought. I will be adding anothe L264, L075 to the tank. Not sure how to sex most of these so hopefully I get lucky. Going to pick up another Blue Panaque also.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-07-18, 13:21

If you get lucky in breeding them. Are selling frys? Wants cool looking pleco.

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-07-18, 13:25

If I get lucky breeding? Definitely will be selling. Some of these plecos are around $40+ others more than that at about 2-3". My goal on all of the expensive fish and plecos, is to breed them and offer them at a great discount. Still helping me for my time and costs and helping you to get a nice fish/pleco at a 25-40% discount.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-07-18, 13:31

With the proposed bans being imposed on plecos being exported from some countries, captive breed fish will become more common. Hope you have success and looking forward to getting some from you.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-07-18, 13:33

Especially like your Para, blue panaque, and royal plecos.

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-07-18, 13:34

DMD123 wrote:With the proposed bans being imposed on plecos being exported from some countries, captive breed fish will become more common. Hope you have success and looking forward to getting some from you.

I have been hearing about these bands, but not sure if they are in effect just yet. This is probably the reason the prices on some of these are shooting through the roof.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-07-18, 15:16

Yep, you have gold on your hands. Just got to get those pleco going. The magic water must only work on cichlids? LMFAO 
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nick_76 2013-07-19, 00:41

theres sure quite a variety in plecos no doubt about that...I have just an ordinary brown pleco and what a beat it is! it was only maybe a scrawny 3 inches when I got it a month or two ago, but its about 7 inches now...hope it doesn't grow too big or aquire a taste for discus slime...id hate to have to rehome this guy...its cool and I haven't had to scrape my glass at all in quite some time...take that, mag-float!

nick_76
nick_76

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-07-19, 01:32

I dont have any fancy plecos right now, in fact they have been one of the worst fish for me to keep. I seem to have a hard time keeping them alive. But I have had great success with the common sailfin and currently a rhino pleco. But I do love he way they look and want to try my hand at some again. Love when madness posts pics of his. though I feel he is missing the one special pleco.... the Adonis. tongue 
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-07-19, 02:30

Dude, I have everyone looking for that pleco for me. I want one bad. Violent Cursing Nut Kick 
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-07-19, 07:46

madness wrote:Dude, I have everyone looking for that pleco for me.  I want one bad.  Violent Cursing Nut Kick 

"Adonis"

I believe I seen a specimen at Bridges Pet a couple months ago. Something I never seen before, I stared at it for about 5 minutes everytime I made a trip there. I remember it clearly, if its the same species you two are talking about. This guy was about 7-9 inches, long whispy tail, dark in color with spots? I dont remember a price & it was gone within a month. Bridges is common to see exotics but never for sale. Then all of the sudden ..... gone .....

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-07-19, 10:14

The Adonis is awesome as a small specimen but as full grown adults they become too much to handle.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-07-23, 01:28

I want to thank all of you that made comments. I dont know where my manners were. Nut Kick 

Here are a couple more from today.

A Goldie L014, and a Blue eyed albino Bristlenose

Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-07-23, 10:45

Nice!!!!
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-07-29, 14:54

Thought I would continue to share pics.  Please if any of you have some awesome exotic plecos, please take some pics and feel free to post them here. If you do post pics please add the L# or name with the pic. I am always looking for some new ones.

L134 Lepord Frog
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />" />
Blue eyed albino Bristlenose Male
Same as above, hoping a female
L200 Green Phantom
L014 Goldie
L085 Gold Nugget
L066 King Tiger
1 of my 3 Vampires
A huge common Smile
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2013-08-07, 19:15

madness wrote:Thought I would continue to share pics.  Please if any of you have some awesome exotic plecos, please take some pics and feel free to post them here.  If you do post pics please add the L# or name with the pic.  I am always looking for some new ones.

That's really an awesome collection, madness.

The only plecos I have other than my bristlenose, regular and albino, are two leopard frog plecos. I'm not sure, but I think they are both females.  Do you know the sex of yours?

L134
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-08-07, 19:21

Wow those things 'pop' on the black sand!

Not to derail but what are you using? Is it the Black Diamond Blasting Sand? I need some black sand ideas....
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-08-07, 19:26

Very nice Betty.

I dont know what I have, here is what it says for sexing: "Males develop small teeth-like odontodes which adorn the leading pectoral fin rays and the back half of the fishes body. Females remain unadorned and have a wider girth across the body most evident when the area just behind the pectoral fins is viewed from above."
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2013-08-07, 19:58

Mine had that wide girth when they were younger, but have slimmed down since then and I'm not sure about the odontodes.  Sometimes I think they have them and sometimes not. scratch 

DMD, that's Tahitian moon sand.
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-08-07, 21:27

Thanks, Betty
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Peylix 2014-01-29, 23:46

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
L155 Adonis
He resides in my 55g (I know Adonis gets VERY large) I hope by the time he needs to be moved to a larger tank I'll have one set up.
Peylix
Peylix
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2014-01-30, 02:09

Peylix wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
L155 Adonis
He resides in my 55g (I know Adonis gets VERY large) I hope by the time he needs to be moved to a larger tank I'll have one set up.

Been looking everywhere for one of these, any interest in selling it?
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Peylix 2014-01-30, 21:58

Madness wrote:
Peylix wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
L155 Adonis

Been looking everywhere for one of these, any interest in selling it?

Not anytime soon. Just got him a couple weeks ago. Though If I ever need to re home. You will be the first to know.
Peylix
Peylix
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2014-01-30, 22:04

Where did you get him? Been looking everywhere.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Peylix 2014-01-31, 03:20

Madness wrote:Where did you get him?  Been looking everywhere.  
Aquarium Co-Op actually. Dunno if Cory will have any more soon or whatnot but you can always ask him if he can get another?
Peylix
Peylix
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2014-01-31, 03:48

I can usually get them. However last week they were out. I get them in at least once a month depending on how many I think I can sell in a short period of time Razz
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2014-01-31, 11:49

what's the usual size and cost?
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down