Help! Hurry! Too late.

3 posters

Go down

Help! Hurry! Too late. Empty Help! Hurry! Too late.

Post  Nick_87 2013-06-03, 02:28

My 8" Silvertip cat today started to float around head up, tail draging on the bottom but hes still breathing. I put him in a bucket with parasite gaurd, melafix, premafix and some itch treatment cus thats all i got. I havent seen him eat in quite a while but he has continued to grow and is not skinny so i dont think hes starving but maybe i'll shove some food down his mouth and see what happens. help me please!!!!

Last edited by Nick_87 on 2013-06-03, 21:53; edited 1 time in total
Nick_87
Nick_87

Back to top Go down

Help! Hurry! Too late. Empty Re: Help! Hurry! Too late.

Post  CrazedAce 2013-06-03, 02:54

If its a buoyancy problem allow enough room for him to swim, but keep the water shallow. What are you feeding? Have you tried other food? Internal parasites, swim bladder, stress - these could all be viable problems.

I've brought female guppies back from near death after giving birth and having parasites by slowly adding increments of salt water. Not sure if your fish can handle salt, but I think that would be a wise thing to look into. I hope he makes it!
CrazedAce
CrazedAce
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamental Jester 2013-06-03, 12:37

Aren't silvertips suppose to be acclimated to brakish water as they get older? Could that be the cause?
Lamental Jester
Lamental Jester
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick_87 2013-06-03, 21:58

Yes they are. I have had mine in with some mollies for most of its life and keep them in brackish water so im not sure what happened but he died somtime last night so hope none of my other fish go belly up. Sad RIP little guy. Crying or Very sad
Nick_87
Nick_87

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down