My Newest Victorians - Psammochromis riponianus and Xystichromis sp. "Kyoga flameback"

3 posters

Go down

My Newest Victorians - Psammochromis riponianus and Xystichromis sp. "Kyoga flameback" Empty My Newest Victorians - Psammochromis riponianus and Xystichromis sp. "Kyoga flameback"

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-05-28, 09:41

Here's a couple of videos of my newest family members. I've had them both for a couple of months and they have settled in very nicely. Enjoy.

Psammochromis riponianus

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Xystichromis sp. "Kyoga flameback"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

My Newest Victorians - Psammochromis riponianus and Xystichromis sp. "Kyoga flameback" Empty Re: My Newest Victorians - Psammochromis riponianus and Xystichromis sp. "Kyoga flameback"

Post  CrazedAce 2013-05-28, 14:48

Awesome! I can't watch the videos (low data left on plan) but I googled the pics of the fish and they look pretty cool. Are the females of the species the same color? Do you have them in separate tanks? Most lake Victoria cichlids tend to look a lot alike. They look alot like my pundamilia actually. Very Happy
CrazedAce
CrazedAce
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

My Newest Victorians - Psammochromis riponianus and Xystichromis sp. "Kyoga flameback" Empty Re: My Newest Victorians - Psammochromis riponianus and Xystichromis sp. "Kyoga flameback"

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-05-28, 15:00

Thanks CrazedAce.

As to the females they do not color in either species but they do get lateral ines/face bars to some degree. Both tend to be a silver color or sometimes a light gold sheen. And yes my groups are seperated as if they were not you would not be able to tell the females apart probably, the P. riponianus are in a 55G and the X. sp. "kyoga flamebacks" are in a 75G.

There are similarities between the groups but your pundamilia have more defined body bars I think. The P. riponianus are much lighter in color than the pundamilia nyererei, softer in color is a good description probably. And the kyoga's...they are quite different. The kyogas remind me of Christmas because of the coloring...the yellow, green and red. It's beautiful.
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazedAce 2013-05-28, 16:51

cichlid-gal wrote:Thanks CrazedAce.

As to the females they do not color in either species but they do get lateral ines/face bars to some degree. Both tend to be a silver color or sometimes a light gold sheen. And yes my groups are seperated as if they were not you would not be able to tell the females apart probably, the P. riponianus are in a 55G and the X. sp. "kyoga flamebacks" are in a 75G.

There are similarities between the groups but your pundamilia have more defined body bars I think. The P. riponianus are much lighter in color than the pundamilia nyererei, softer in color is a good description probably. And the kyoga's...they are quite different. The kyogas remind me of Christmas because of the coloring...the yellow, green and red. It's beautiful.

Ah, I see. My female pundamilia are brown/silver with yellow markings. It was pretty hard for me to tell the juvenile male apart from the females, as the only distinction is red on the outer fins and a more pronounced marking on his face.
CrazedAce
CrazedAce
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2013-05-28, 20:19

Very nice! That male in the second video was looking pretty hard to resist. Smile
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-05-28, 23:08

Thanks Betty and he sure was putting his groove on for the girls Wink
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down