Xystichromis sp. 'Kyoga flameback'

3 posters

Go down

Xystichromis sp. 'Kyoga flameback'  Empty Xystichromis sp. 'Kyoga flameback'

Post  Mikey 2011-06-08, 00:47

Has anyone had Xystichromis sp. 'Kyoga flamebacks' before? I really like the colors on these Victorian cichlids! I'm not so sure about the females though...Opinions?

Here's a photo for reference from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mikey
Mikey
Contributing Member

http://www.wafishbox.com

Back to top Go down

Xystichromis sp. 'Kyoga flameback'  Empty Re: Xystichromis sp. 'Kyoga flameback'

Post  Spyral 2011-06-08, 15:05

I had quite a few of them at one point, I got them as fry, about 30 of them.

They grew out pretty quick and started to color up nicely. Then an Auratus that I put in the tank temporarily...ate them.

All of them.

In one night.

So I only know how they are up until they are about 5 or 6 months old. After that, I have no clue.
Spyral
Spyral
Contributing Member

http://www.dinkypage.com/54184

Back to top Go down

Xystichromis sp. 'Kyoga flameback'  Empty Re: Xystichromis sp. 'Kyoga flameback'

Post  FrontosaDude 2011-08-22, 06:54

I have a kyoga colony...the females tend to be a golden color but i do have a few that are more of an olive green color. The males get spectacular color! I have some juveniles that are about 1.5" (these fish normally don't grow over 5"). I'll be posting an ad in the for sale section soon if you are interested in some.
FrontosaDude
FrontosaDude
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down