breeding plecos

Go down

breeding plecos Empty breeding plecos

Post  Guest 2013-03-28, 00:53

Can someone please explain HOW to breed plecos. I keep seeing different opinions. I need pro help on it what do i need? and How?
I find all this crap about people breeding them but all of them say something different on how they do it.

Back to top Go down

breeding plecos Empty Re: breeding plecos

Post  CrazedAce 2013-03-28, 01:11

This is for BN plecos? Just throw an adult male and female into a tank. People say a minimum of 20 or 15. I successfully bred a pair in my 10gal, which is what I think is more popular anyways.

I fed shrimp pellets, algae wafers, cucumber, and sweet potato, fresh cuts, no boiling. Boiling reduces the actual benefits of these foods, though it makes it easier to eat.

Make sure there is an assortment (2 or more) hiding places, preferably caves. I use the small caves you get from WalMart. I covered them with gravel and butted it up against the glass. I've recently resorted to covering one end thickly with Java moss to create a barrier (not sure if it will work or not, though the male doesn't seem to get through it, I'm just worried about health issues).

Do cool water changes twice a week after conditioning for two weeks, and you will (hopefully) eventually have a spawn.
CrazedAce
CrazedAce
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down